• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Something to think about

Started by Yampus, May 28, 2004, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampus

Here is a link to the GU Comic forum. The topic is boycotting the new expansion Omens of War in order to try and get Sony to fix what's already broken.
Yampus Bonechaser
Lvl 14 Mage Summoner lvl 8 Artisan
"He who controls the Bugs controls....... well, bugs."

Maruxil Nottingwood

I would have to agree that the release of a new expansion after the previous one and that entire EQ game as a whole needs to be fixed on all levels.

In the short few months that GoD has been released I have seen alot of my friends, people who first introduced the game to me, leave after years of playing because of the general lack of "retuning" that needs to be done.

The requirements for GoD before and even after the "retuning" of GoD is stupid. I bought the expansion when it was released and yet to visit any of the content because I don't feel that I should have to "ubar" or "Time" equip to go there. Even when I ask my friends if they want to go in explioring in these areas, they won't. The requirements, and the cost for getting into trouble, are just to high. For the casual gamer, which I now fall into due to the change of my new work schedule, it isn't worth it.

I, myself, have thought of cancelling my account because the game to me isn't what it was to me when I first started. Yeah, it's nice to chat to my friends and have a good laugh or discussion on some subject or another, but if I wanted to do that I just pop onto ICQ not EQ. Plus ICQ doesn't charge me 12.95 per month.

I hope that ove the next few months that the Dev team and the CS team can be allowed to do what needs to be done to bring some enjoyment back into the game and keep the long time loyal fans interested.  While there still a few power gamers out there from the various boards that I have read they are leaving. The game has become a joke to them. That leaves the casual gamer and I think the Sony has come to the conculsion that the game is a little to "Top heavy" for the casual gamer and that to keep there "Money maker" they have to do some much needed changes.

I'll stick around and see what changes they put into effect.
Sexiest gnomish wizard alive!
Maruxil Nottingwood --- 65 Wizard

The second sexiest gnome alive!
Daruxil Nottingwood --- 55 Cleric