• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

PoP is live

Started by chingerz, October 21, 2002, 02:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chingerz

October 21, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

*** Planes of Power is now Live ***

Welcome to the Planes of Power. Of course, if you haven't purchased the expansion you can do so at our online store at //www.everquest.com. If you have, prepare for adventure beyond Norrath and into the realm of the gods. We hope you have fun.

One of the new features included in the Planes of Power is a new way for NPCs deal with Player Characters. It allows NPCs to recognize certain actions taken by player characters. This may mean that an NPC will not be interested in talking to you until you've accomplished a certain task or until certain events have occurred. So some NPCs may not have much to say to you upon your first meeting, but might be more talkative later. This can also apply to events and locations that might react differently to a character that has accomplished a task than to one that has not.

** Important Notice about unspent Alternate Advancement points **

With this patch any character with more than 30 unspent AA points will have those points deleted when they log in.

** Patch Information **

- Reduced the maximum NPC level that Harmony can affect
- Fixed a bug with the bard epic effect and singing stacking

** Raids **

The Raid functionality has been added. Here is a brief overview of the Raid system.

In the past, experience on raids would generally go to a single group or a few groups. The group doing the most damage would get the experience on any given kill. But, that has been changed by a new Raid feature.

The Raid system is intended to aid in the formation and organizing raids and make looting on raids a little more manageable. It allows a certain amount of experience to be shared among all members of a raid. The basics of the system work very much like grouping has always worked. The Raid Leader is the leader of all the raid groups and the group leaders remain leaders of their individual groups.

Alt-R or /raidwindow will toggle the new Raid Window. This window works much like the group window. You can invite people to the raid (if you are the raid leader) and see a list of the folks in your raid, along with the status of those members (Raid Leader, Group Leader or raid member - which shows with no rank). It also shows you the group number of the individual members.

Only Raid Leaders and Raid Group Leaders can invite people to a raid. This is done with the Invite button on the raid window.

If a Raid Leader invites an individual (someone not in a group), that person joins the raid as a Raid Group Leader. If the Raid Leader invites a member of a group, the entire group joins the raid, and their group leader becomes a Raid Group Leader.

A Raid Group Leader can invite people to their group, thus inviting them to join the raid group as well.

Only a Raid Leader can remove someone from the raid. He or she does so simply by clicking on the character's name in the raid window and clicking the Disband button (also in the raid window).

Being removed from your group (using the normal grouping features) will not remove you from the raid.

You can remove yourself from the raid just by clicking the Disband button in the raid window.

Just like groups, raids have their own chat channel. /rsay works for the raid just as /gsay does for groups. Just like group chat, you can set this to be your default channel for a given chat window by choosing it from the right-click Default Channel context menu.

Experience for killing NPCs will be distributed to all members of the raid that are within range. However, the experience given will be smaller than the experience that would be earned by a single group. Generally, unless you are fighting NPCs that require a raid, you will still be better off earning experience with the old fashioned six-person group.

Raids will definitely allow for larger than traditional groups, however, much of EverQuest is designed with the six-person group in mind. Adding a small number of people to a given group will allow this "oversized" group to gain experience. However, we recommend that once a "raid" of ten or more people forms, a second, traditional group split off and adventure on their own.

The Raid Leader determines the looting permissions for any NPC killed by the raid. There are three types of looting that the leader can choose from (though the Raid Leader can always loot NPCs killed by the raid).

1. Only the raid leader can loot until the corpse opens up for all
2. Only the raid leader and raid group leaders can loot until the corpse opens up
3. Raid leader chooses up to 9 other raid members that can loot until the corpse opens up

Please note that altering loot permissions only applies to NPCs that are killed after changing this setting. See the command list below for more information about setting raid loot permissions.

When an item is looted by a raid member, a loot message is sent to all members of the raid.

Summary of Raid Commands:

- /raidwindow - toggles the raid window
- /makeraidleader [name]- reassigns raid leadership - Optional argument, name of raid member to be new leader, or you can just target them. If you type a person's name, that name is used instead of your current raid window target.
- /raidinvite - invites the current target to the raid
- /raidaccept - accepts an invitation to a raid
- /raiddecline - declines an invitation to a raid.
- /raidremove - removed the current raid target from the raid
- /setloottype <#> - sets the raid loot type - Takes one number argument: 1, 2, 3.
- /addraidlooter - adds a raid member as an early looter to all future corpses - Target a raid member in raid window.
- /removeraidlooter - removes a raid member as a possible looter from all future corpses - Target a raid member in raid window.
- /rsay - Sends a message to all members of the raid

Fizzgig

makes you want to run out and raid something especially seeing I can't buy PoP till friday lol

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

chingerz

raid tools are available even if you don't have the expansion

Fizzgig

silly I know that...I ment I can't go exploring yet is all :)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

edward

I'm logged in and /raidwindow doesn't work.
EQ: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Fizzgig

least you can get in I'm still getting the no go :(

did you try alt r?

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Fizelle

PoP is not available in stores until tomorrow... poor Uno may do something drastic....thinking of calling 48 hours so they can do a follow up on their story ;)

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Carellron

Ref:  
** Patch Information **

- Reduced the maximum NPC level that Harmony can affect

Looks like anything lvl 41 and higher can't be Harmonied.
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Saiferus

nerf harmony NOOOOOOO

Kazaba

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Tease me by saying it's live but not letting me buy it and nerf harmony /rude verant.

Mythavatar

I haven't decided if I will buy PoP at all yet. There are some rather nasty rumours about that if you register it on a US server then you won't be able to play it on the European server unless you buy a second copy. Currently, I am waiting to see how my European friends fair with their copies. I don't like the idea of anyone trying to force me to choose one set of friends over another, and there is no way in hell I am going to cowtow to corporate bully boy tactices and pay verant twice for it -- sorry for language.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." JRR Tolkien

65 Sage Wizards:
Mythavatar , Saryrn
Mythrill, Antonius Bayle

Airelyn

I preordered one copy... when it comes to me i'll try it one of my accounts.  Then i'll decide whether to buy it for all my accounts or not.

I'm in no big rush :)
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Kamok

Wallmart has PoP today.  I just picked mine up but sadly I can't log in =(.  This is my day off of work/school too.
-Kamok- 62Monk
-Kamua- 65 Shaman
-Rizzy- 53 Cleric

Airelyn

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Orian

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting... till I get my paycheck. lol
Orian Gemfire
The Original Gnome Cleric *Jealousy*
"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide... Ah crap everyones 65! WTF?!"

Orian: You have purty eyes
Fizzgig: why thank you gnomish love god