• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Thumbs up

Started by Tonzafun IndyJok, October 28, 2002, 08:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonzafun IndyJok

I have to say it, I love POP.

I wonder how long it will be until they nerf the xp up there.

Finally, a Dreadlands for the uber. We have needed a place to go pick up groups and VI hit a homerun with PoP IMHO. It's great to have 4 zones to LFG's in without wasting 45 minutes running to Old Seb only to find out there are 80 people in the zone.
Please share any good camp information you find.

In PoD, I found some caves that will support at least two groups. Just follow the wall from ZI and you will run into the caves. You will need to clear the first open area then there are two tunnels to choose from. We went to the right tunnel and inside found a large open area that we cleaned out and just camped the pops. Pretty easy camp with an enchanter.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Airelyn

Ya I will agree the exp in PoP is insane compaired to normal... it helps that we are able to zone in someplace and have the mobs you are fighting be 50+ instead of like level 45 mobs in velks or something... nice xp bump that way.

You should hear the exp they get in zones like plane of valor and such.  Ching almost got one whole level in one night :)

So I give it a thumbs up... as long as my xp bar keeps moving forward :)
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Tonzafun IndyJok

So how do you get in the other zones? I'm thinking you have to be the min level recommended for that zone. Is that right?
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Airelyn

you have to kill or quest to get into the other planes... and currently we can't really do it :)

The guy you kill in PoD hits for 1100 and has a nasty AE... he gets you flagged for Crypt of Decay.

Then in PoJ there are two different trials you can do with the Tribunal.  One yields a flag to Plane of Storms and the other flags you for Plane of Valor.  The Tribunal fights are very tough... only one group is allowed in the trial.  4 mobs come first, kill those and the boss spawns and kill that.  I hear it is uber tough.  Ching's done it like 6 times and says it isn't as bad with a high level chanter.

Plane of Fire has not been solved yet... but it includes getting flagged for PoS and PoV... so I guess probably in there somewhere you will get the final flag for Plane of Fire.

Those are the ones i know of so far... the others are still unsolved I believe.

Oh and all the other zones that have been visited so far are 60+ in the sense that it is recomended by other players not to go there until then... most likely most people under 60 won't be able to get flagged for these anyway.
Airelyn Divine

Kamok

A pickup raid tried Gryme in PoD and he is tough.  He hit me for a max of 975, well only got hit a few times before I was dead, and he has a 3500hp disease based AE.  Needless to say a very unorganized raid of 33 people were whiped w/o denting the guy, and my corpse is still up there hehe.
-Kamok- 62Monk
-Kamua- 65 Shaman
-Rizzy- 53 Cleric

Fizzgig

good news is its at the cemetary I saw it earlier...woot for cemetarys good way for broke cleric to make some plat when people think to donate...:)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Airelyn

Ya I saw your corpse up there too :)

Only HnE has been able to take him out so far... they the only ones with access to Crypt of Decay right now.  OOP wiped a bunch then gave up for another day.  Ching compaired the mob to Avatar of War style melee.
Airelyn Divine

Airelyn

Incase some folks were wondering how the planes are set-up... they are set-up in 5 different tiers.  Meaning you need to do something in a tier 1 zone in order to get access to another tier 2 zone.

Anyway here is the breakdown of the zones.  Given to us by someone from the Beta Team.

The First Tier Zones

Plane of Justice - The Tribunal
Plane of Disease
Plane of Innovation
Plane of Nightmare - Terris-Thule, The Dream Scorcher

The first level of zones are your basic experience areas with several events tied to each one. You can access each one directly from the Plane of Tranquility.

The Second Tier

Crypt of Decay - Bertoxxulous, The Plaguebringer
Plane of Storms
Plane of Valor
Plane of Torment - Saryn, Mistress of Torment

The second tier of planes is accessed once you complete the needed tasks in the first level planes.

The Third Tier - The Gods of Nature and Influence

Tower of Solusek Ro - Solusek Ro, The Burning Prince
Bastilion of Thunder - Karana, The Rainkeeper
Drunder, The Fotress of Zek - Rallos Zek, The Warlord
Halls of Honor - Mithaniel Marr, The Truthbringer

My choice for my favorite zone is Solusek Ro's Tower. This awesome looking zone was brilliantly designed and inspires awe and fear just by being in it.

The Fourth Tier - Greater Gods of Elemental Power

Plane of Fire - Fennin Ro, Tyrant of Fire
Plane of Earth - The Rathe
Plane of Air - Xegony, the Goddess of Air
Plane of Water - Corinav, Avatar of Water

The Fifth Tier

Plane of Time

Not much is known about the Plane of Time. No one outside the developers of the world were allowed access into this mysterious area.
Airelyn Divine