• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

AA points and where to put em.

Started by Tonzafun IndyJok, December 10, 2002, 06:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonzafun IndyJok

Ok I am going to work hard on AA. Not sure where to dump them and am afraid to waste them.
Advice on where I should spend the points would be welcome.
I dropped 3 in run and 3 in sta. Don't tell me I wasted those 3 points in sta.:D
I don't guess there is anyway to reallocate points once spent is there.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Soulstar

Natural Durability, Natural Durability, Natural Durability... did I mention you should put points in Natural Durability?
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Zaxboan

Why STA over regen? I am confused on that one. Talk to Gardann and sark about it. Gardann has, I dunno, 30ish AA? should have some insight.

Lohagen Elamadri

run3/regen3 is where most people go first, then straight onto Archetype AA

STA is something you work on once you've got all the acrh/class AA that you want, then you worry about getting 2 pts of extra sta here and there.. but that'sjust my opinion ;)

Also worth noting... Fizz and alot of others have told me Combat Stability AA is somewhat broken. I don't troll the warrior boards enough to know, so you should look into that. Combat agi is very nice tho :)
Hunter Lohagen Elamadri

65 Forest Pervert
Grandmaster Fletcher (249)
Official Gnome Vs Gnome fight promoter

Fambene

my advice is go  to archetypes > durability3 first..

then you have 2 paths.. you can max out the 2 other main tank archetypes or move on to class..

path1: do combat agility3 and combat stability3.. then go to class and do AE taunt

path2: go to class and do AE taunt then go back and do combat agility3 and combat stability3.

those are the best choices imo.  gl.
Aridorlvl63 shaman
Fambenelvl52 paladin

Tonzafun IndyJok

Actuality, I went to Fam web sight and looked at a lot of the 65+ peeps including Sark and Gardann. It's really a toss up on what to spend points on.

Sarkoraz

i'd reccomend, for a warrior, run3, sta3, nd3, ae taunt, ca1, cs1, PE, ca2-3, cs2-3, PD3, and then whatever floats your boat... sta > regen because more max hp does a whole lot better then 3 pt regen in everything but a solo situation. the rest of the order makes your points most efficient, imo. getting CS1/CA1 makes better use of the 5 points needed for PE, which improves ND, CS, and CA. finishing CS and CA makes your mitigation uber, and then get PD for some more hp. PD isn't a large amount of hp for 3 points per rank. oh, btw, AE taunt is priceless. hope you know what those abbreviations mean, beacuse i'm lazy!

Machavelli

i think i'll take Fizz's little code thing over what he just said....
To Be Forgoten Is A Fate Worse Than Death... ChAoS...

Fizzgig

I'm sure it makes sense to warriors

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Dinania

What's really scary is Sark's post made sense to me !!!

Edit: spelling at 1:30am ~

Tonzafun IndyJok

thanks for all the input, it helps:D

Colmir

Actually sark posted about what I would have said but even more important than AA exp is lvls. Lvls are the basis for every random quointent in the gamei i. e.  mitigation, saves, whenever the game makes a decision for you lvls are the basis of that decision.                                                                                                   For warriors AOE taunt is what manaburn used to be for wizards it will instantly give you aggro on any mob, which comes in great when you 1. need to save a overnuking caster2. are a SA or similar and need a transiton for aggro when the MT goes down. Any  questions see me in game:cool:

Dinania

Well put Colmir, wish i could get more in my guild even to realize that.. all they see if the easy exp in aa lvls and got aa stars in their eyes :(