• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

More new stuff on test

Started by Airelyn, September 01, 2002, 08:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airelyn

New Particles:

Welcome to the first testing of EQ's new, more efficient particle engine. We've put some new effects on a few existing spells for people to look at.
We've implemented a "Near Clip Plane" for the new particle engine. If you're drowning in particles too close to your face, you can make this number larger to cause EQ to "clip out" particles very close to you. This is stored as NewParticleClipPlane in your eqclient.ini. For now, you can change it there.
The particle density for the new particles is controlled by the option "NewParticleDensity" in your eqclient.ini. The range to work with is 0.0 to 1.0.
Unlike the first version of this patch message stated, commands such as /showspelleffects won't effect the new particle system.

New Interface:

Deleting Spells from Spellbook: Storebought spells are now deletable from your spellbook. To delete a spell, right click it to highlight it and tap the DELETE key. Please note: This does not convert the spell back into a scroll. You will have to buy a new scroll if you wish to re-scribe the spell.
Item Links: When you inspect an item with Alt-LeftClick, the item inspect window stays up. To paste a "link" to the item you're looking at into your chat bar, click on the item's graphic. That will "speak" a link that others can click on to see the stats of the item, as if they were inspecting it themselves.
Bazaar: We've added a "Focus Effect" parameter to the Bazaar search. You can now search for focus items.
Help Window: This window now displays once on startup for all new characters, and its open/closed state is saved.

Gameplay:

Clerics now get the BASH skill at level 25 and it progresses all the way to level 60.
Altered Mage AA Frenzied Burnout to no longer make the pet suicide at the end.
Higher level PCs will be more resistant to lower level NPCs' spells.
Erudites of Prexus now start at the proper location.

Stacking:

Warder's Protection should have considerably fewer stacking and overwrite issues. Thanks to the folks at the Ranger's Glade for all of their help in tracking this down. (Ow. No pun intended.)
Druid Damage Shields should now all stack in the correct order.
Druid HP buffs are no longer overwriting stronger cleric HP buffs.
Harness of Spirit and Visions of Grandeur should interact a bit more sanely.
Existing effects should no longer be stripped off when the incoming spell isn't going to take hold.
Boon of Garou and other illusions now interact the right way.

Have a good weekend!

=========================

Just like to repeat this...

Item Links: When you inspect an item with Alt-LeftClick, the item inspect window stays up. To paste a "link" to the item you're looking at into your chat bar, click on the item's graphic. That will "speak" a link that others can click on to see the stats of the item, as if they were inspecting it themselves.

That is soooooo cool... so now when on a raid and all you nerdlings are asking "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?", "what are the stats?"... I can tell you without it being a huge pain in the butt hehe.

Also if you want to see some of the new spell effects, check em out... kinda nifty...

http://eq.crgaming.com/screenshots2/default.asp?category=16
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Fizzgig

hehe we're gonna have to go find stuff to bash huh air

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Carellron

I sense some frustration on Aire's part, don't know why.....
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Airelyn

Airelyn Divine

Carellron

*slowly slides away to clear a path for the lightning strike*
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Fizzgig

you do realise at the next raid everytime something drops your going to get spammed with 'what's the stat's' now lol....more than usual I'd guess due to the large number of clown's in the guild.  /em duck's flyingy oversized shoes

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Airelyn

Druid / Shammy semi-complete healing not going in todays patch, they need more testing before going live.

Clerics, this is striaght from Absors mouth...

AbsorEQ
Verant Player Relations

Ragefire changes upcoming
I just wanted to pop in and mention this to you folks.

We've come up with a change to the way the cleric epic quest works that we think will improve the situation around Ragefire. We'll be putting it in with the patch tomorrow. Look it over and send comments to use via the Dev Corner.

Alan

*fingers crossed*

Rumors:  
1. Rage is going bye bye and instead you kill things in Skyfire for an uber rare drop of his heart.

2. Rage will now be a triggered mob, like faydedar

3. Ring of Ragefire -- not sure what this is but heard clerics talking about.  Sounds a little like a quest in Acrylia.  Basically the fight happens inside a ring and once triggered you can't leave until complete or dead.

4. Nothing, Verant is messing with us.

Personally, I have no idea... I think #2 would be nice, but basically would be happy with any of em if it helps me be able to get my epic :)  Guess i'll find out in a few hours :)
Airelyn Divine

Fizzgig

FACT
 A powerful warder has been seen in the Skyfire Mountains. Those who seek retribution against Ragefire would be wise to speak to her, she may be able to provide information about his whereabouts.

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank