• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Today's Patch (06.11.03)

Started by Fizelle, June 11, 2003, 11:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chingerz

i should start a class balance forum and let you all fight it out for which class is the most nerfed.

Fizzgig

I never actually got hit with the nerf bat hard....cept for lowering the CH so it wasnt which isn't such a huge deal anyhow atm as none of our tanks have over 7500 yet.  other clerics probably feel different.   Clerics all thought we were getting wacked when druids and shammy's got mini ch's xp groups can now survive without a cleric...however I have noticed that groups would rather have their shammies slowing and hasting and druids snareing and nuking and as a whole seem to prefer clerics as healers.  I could whine about lack of ability to solo....I haven't been able to since about lvl 51 on anything with any kind of colour...but quite frankly I didn't join the worlds largest online multiplayer rpg to play on my own and if I can't get a group I'd rather tradeskill or chat with my friends or guildies.  Anyhow imo instead of soloing pic up a few of the people you generally find sitting at PoV zi lfg and get the group xp bonouses you can actually be in a group and still lfg now so if you like you can advertise it as a lfg group :)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Lohagen Elamadri

gnomes must be nerfed, they're way overpowered!!!!

btw, they 'tweaked' the extremely short time that (in particular) Command of Druzzil was affecting mobs for (i can only comment on that charm spell, i haven't used any lower for a long time) - immediately post-nerf, the length of time that CoD was lasting was from 10-60 seconds. However, i've noticed that a few weeks (or was it months) down the track, it lasts from 20s-5 mins now, - this may just be heresay and speculation, but it's in my experience. ironically, chanters get the best dps of all (well along with mages with CotAM and whoever else gets high level charm lol) - a hasted, charmed enchanter pet does LORD KNOWS how much damage compared to any pc ;P it's all about balance, as tez so rightly pointed out, cleric and shm are probably still the most 2 demanded in lfg, then hybrid tanks and chanters, then the rest. Just throw a little empathy towards the sad creatures known as warriors  !
Hunter Lohagen Elamadri

65 Forest Pervert
Grandmaster Fletcher (249)
Official Gnome Vs Gnome fight promoter

Kaneril Knightwing

I cant wait to see what Yampus can do with a Dire Charmed Undead pet lol
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Zaxboan

You can sign my name to the bottom of Tez's post. I agree completely with his analysis.

chingerz

A charmed, hasted boar from the pit in PoTactics does about 400dps.

That's about double what the best rogues in the game can do.  

The little advertised nerf in that charm patch was done to necros. Enchanters and mages have the ability to lower the magic resistance of their charmed targets, making the charm more reliable. Enchanters also have an AA skill specifically for charm reliability.  Necros just got screwed when their charm spell was made more resistable.