• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

PoP is live

Started by chingerz, October 21, 2002, 02:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airelyn

Note from Verant:

the new Raid Grouping system is not a free EverQuest feature. You will not be able to be part of a raiding group using the raid window feature unless you purchase the Planes of Power expansion.

Ok this is lame!  So here I am hosting a raid and half the people have PoP and half dont... that is just stupid.  Makes it a little stupid at least until everyone gets PoP
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Fizzgig

stupid patch day patches

stupid make us pay for nice raid features that had never before seemed like something that was going to get paid for...plus how's that going to work with people who can't get the upgrade cause their comps sux....can you have someone in a raid group who's NOT got PoP or are these people soon going to find themselves out of the loop in a you don't have luclin/PoP group
and if you can have people in a raid group who's not PoP'd does that mean you only need the raidleader and the raid groupleaders to have it....and if that's so do the people in the ks groups still get xp or is the xp split as in a raid between anyone with PoP.....man they just made way to many questions

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Airelyn

It would work like this...

You make groups like normal

The raidleader creates a raid window and invites the group leaders in as group leaders.

The group leaders each invite their groupies into the raid.

Now let's say 75% of the raid has PoP.

That 75% would join the raid and be a part of the xp.

The other 25% wouldn't be able to be a part of the exp.

Now the problem I see:

- That 25% won't be in the raid channel so they won't be able to see us calling assist and such.

- It will also be a pain for the raid leaders looking at who they have in the raid within the raid window because 25% of the raid won't be shown in the window.

Verant is just doing this to force more people to buy the expansion.
Airelyn Divine

Kazaba

Kamok's Wal-mart may have PoP but mine doesn't.  /em sigh.  Guess I'll have to wait till noonish tomorrow for PoP.

Fizzgig

lol I have to wait till friday FRIDAY...but I will have it so coun't me in on the xp....and guessing we'll have to keep stuff in channels till enough people have PoP

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Lohagen Elamadri

ARgh it annoys me slightly that Verant would nerf one of the more useful ranger/druid spells in Harmony, especially seeing as the outdoors-only flag on it made it only occasionally useful at higher levels. The 'good' news is that they are introducing a higher-level harmony spell, but this one will not be unresistable... here's some info from the ranger's glade on the topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been following the threads here and on the Ranger's Glade about Harmony today and wanted to give some more information on the reasoning behind the change.

Harmony is the druid and ranger version of the lull line of spells. Several classes get these types of spells, with enchanters, bards, and clerics being the best at it overall. Lulls work by lowering the range at which monsters will attack you, allowing you to pull a single monster out of a group by lulling it's companions.

Traditionally, most lull spells haven't really worked very well. Lull had a high resist rate and wasn't very reliable. We've recently looked at lulls and improved the way they work to make them more useful to players. You should find that the lull line of spells works more often than it did, though it will still fail some of the time.

Harmony was unique in that when you cast it on an NPC, it never failed. This essentially means that Harmony could be used for risk-free pulling every time. All other lull spells have a resist check, allowing a monster to not be affected by them. The fact that Harmony can't be resisted made it the very best of the lull spells - which is an odd thing to happen to a level 5 spell.

We've had the ability for awhile now to make it so certain monsters were totally immune to being lulled. This is especially common in higher level outdoor zones such as Cazic-Thule, since Harmony would take any challenge out of splitting groups of monsters. Having a such powerful game dynamic with no risk of failure made these encounters too easy, so we were forced to make many monsters totally lull immune to compensate. With this change to Harmony, we'll now be able to remove the lull immunity from many monsters, and turn this ability into a useful spell line that gives great benefits, but with some risk that your spell may be resisted.

This week, we'll be adding an upgrade to Harmony that works on higher level monsters. We'll also be removing the lull immunity from many higher level monsters in outdoor zones, to accommodate the new spell. The higher level version of Harmony will have some chance of being resisted, but will be a fairly reliable way to split up groups of outdoor monsters. We do want this spell line to be a useful tool for you at all levels, but as with all other forms of crowd control there needs to be some chance that it won't always work. Druids and rangers should get a excellent outdoor lull, but a level 5 spell probably shouldn't be the best it ever gets.

- Rich

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hunter Lohagen Elamadri

65 Forest Pervert
Grandmaster Fletcher (249)
Official Gnome Vs Gnome fight promoter

Fizzgig

lol when I logged back in this morning there were 11 lvl 61's already...guess there's a few wall marts selling it hehe

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Airelyn

servers back up for me at least... 5:21pm central
Airelyn Divine

chingerz

mixing groups of people with PoP and without was causing people to crash when raid xp was getting tested. another reason to upgrade!

Airelyn

Here are the new lvl 65 class titles

5755 Blademaster - warrior
5756 Archon - cleric
5757 Lord Protector - paladin
5758 Dread Lord - shadowknight
5759 Forest Stalker - ranger
5760 Storm Warden - druid
5761 Transcendant - monk
5762 Maestro - bard
5763 Deceiver - rogue
5764 Prophet - shaman
5765 Arch Lich - necro
5766 Arcanist - wizzie
5767 Arch Convoker - mage
5768 Elder Phantasmist - chanter
5769 Feral Lord - beastlord
Airelyn Divine

Kazaba

I like the titles.  I'd seen an earlier list and was less then impressed, but most of these are pretty good.

Any word if there is a fourth and fifth level of AA titles?

Mythavatar

Woohoo! I have it on good authority that the proposed region locking system, whereby you must purchase a seperate copy of PoP for each server you are playing on, will only affect future servers when they come online. The current servers will apparently fall under one umbrella, so I will be able to play on Saryryn and AB with a single copy of PoP. Phew!

My copy of PoP is in the mail )
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." JRR Tolkien

65 Sage Wizards:
Mythavatar , Saryrn
Mythrill, Antonius Bayle

variagruss

First Question: Did Verant steal most names from WarCraft III??? LOL

Second Question:  Does Verant expect people buy PoP after attempt to force them to do so?  I understand that new levels, new zones, equipment etc. must be available only to PoP owners and it would attract players to purchase expansion, but essential game play futures as raid window and exp can't be used to force people to get PoP. Till it will be fixed and Verant will actually apologize for his shameless action I refuse to buy new expansion.

Variagruss Voyevoda

Fizzgig

they have to have a hook for everyone vari....and as much as collapsable tradeskill kits excite me they aren't going to do it for everyone

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Airelyn

Well i decided to quit waiting for the one i ordered in the mail and went and bought one today... was fun exploring for a bit.  Now all I need is some maps :)
Airelyn Divine