• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Magelo probs

Started by Valyssa, January 28, 2003, 08:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valyssa

I can't seem to even get onto this site at all. I get a message saying Magelo is sending X file - do you wish to open or save to your PC.

Being too paranoid, I saved it to a junk PC that I don't care if 5000 viruses are eating but nothing happens.

What the heck am I doing wrong?
Valyssa
Beguiler of 57 Seasons

Remember, your opinion matters! Just not to me.

Kaneril Knightwing

I used to get that as well. Never did figure out what happened. I would just go away eventually. I do know that the site is now a pay site tho.
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Valyssa

Pay site!? Bah! Don't need a profile that bad. Thanks for info!
Valyssa
Beguiler of 57 Seasons

Kaneril Knightwing

There are a couple other good profile sites available. Allahkazam and Eqcastersrealm both have profiles available.
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Zorvic

I have never received the message about the file before, so I am not sure what that could be.  But, I have noticed that Magelo seems to be unpredictable in regards to performance lately.  Some days it is miserably slow and other days it is just fine.

However, Magelo is still a free site.  I still maintain my profile on the site and I am not paying a fee.  Recently, a premium service was implemented for $12/year.  With the premium service, your character profiles are updated while in game.  The standard do-it-yourself profile management is still free of charge.

Kazaba

I too have a profile there and don't pay a dime.  Never gotten the file message either, so I'm not sure what's up with that

unoshato

i have one too and they have not tried to nor will i pay a dime..

but it works fine they are constantly updating these days and the site is down andup again often prolly just a sever issue with them.

but over all i would say magelo is the best one because of the info it provides.

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku

Airelyn

I just checked magelo, I can get in fine... no messages or anything.  So that is weird you can't get in.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Valyssa

I just got in but to register it askes for ICQ address or something. What's that mean asks the PC dumb enchanter?

They just put stuff like that in there to make us 30 somethings look dumb :p
Valyssa
Beguiler of 57 Seasons

Fambene

ICQ is a instant messaging program like AIM (aol instant messenger).. it can be downloaded at //www.icq.com
but you are right, its weird that you need to have it to register.
Aridorlvl63 shaman
Fambenelvl52 paladin

Leggo

Mes Magelo thingee no werkin needr. Same thing as uddr guy.:confused:

/Leggo growls.

BTW mes gots da ICQ....mes numr am 255731 it stil no werk!
Leggo Oribarshu
54 ogre warrior
Slave to no god

Fepony Spellcaster
52 woodelf druid
Follower of Tunare

Mekiku Thunderfoot
52 iksar monk
Follower of Cazic Thule

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Fizelle

You do not need to have icq or any of that stuff to register. Just skip that part the only thing you need to have is an email address.

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.