• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Today

Started by Superfly, September 07, 2003, 04:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laiynla

One of my favorite parts of NFL games is watching Madden draw his little circles all over the screen  lol  Hes the best.....Dennis  Miller  sucks  and im glad he isnt announcing  anymore.  He  was  useless,  knew less about football  then i do  and  sounded  dumb anyhow  (imo)

I  like any and all  football teams.  I  prefer  picking  my wins  depending on players,  and since they shufffle about so much nowadays  it seems   i can never say  "oh  i like this and such team" for 2 years straight.

And all i can say is:

HEAL, MICHAEL,  HEAL!!!!!

<---- reads on average 5 to 10 books a week  Real books including austin, shakespeare, milton,  dickens,  and Jordan as well as my library of fantasy novels  etc etc.  Your  brain has room for everything you put into it.  But   different people dig different  things,  Personally,

PIE > ALL
"I drank what?"  ** Socrates**

Fizelle

I'm from Vancouver. When the Canucks were in the Stanely Cup a few years ago there were almost nightly riots in the downtown area. Win or loose there was a riot. My boyfriend at the time advised me not to go with the gang to the local sports bar to watch the games because he was affraid I'd get hurt.

See I'm one of those people who enjoys a good play. I don't care who makes the play or who scored. To me the thrilling thing is seeing them do such a good job. Therefore I tended to cheer whenever a good play was made even when it was against the Canucks. Most times this wasn't a problem people rarely took offence and most thought it was funny. However he was worried that during Stanley Cup fever I'd be putting myself in danger. He was actually worried that I would be in danger of physical assault if I cheered when New York scored or made a good play.

Think about this and what this says about people. I think it says alot.

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Laiynla

Fizelle = pie

Good post ;)

Superfly

You realize of course that I was kidding. Play EQ, don't play EQ, watch football, don't watch football, do whatever you want. It's your life after all.

However, just because I watch football on weekends with my friends does not mean that I don't read or partake in other hobbies. Furthermore, watching football with a group of friends is a lot more social that playing EQ, in that it involves actual human interaction and not conversation in a cyber based society. When you get right down to it, EQ is and always has been a glorified chat room in which you pretend to hit stuff.

QuoteAgain I stand by my statement sitting and watching sports on TV is a waste of my time. No matter how much I would yell at the screen and no matter what happened I could not make madden shut up and I could not make the ref's change stupid calls and penalty's. And again it had no effect on my life whatsoever if some team I liked won or lost a game. Eq on the other hand is something a person can participate in and "gasp" have fun doin.

Remember, you are not in control. Sony is.

QuoteNow I know this must seem strange to you guys who do in fact enjoy thinking that sitting and watching the TV and esp watching sports on TV is a fun and life enriching experience but trust me, try reading a book. You get the same life-enrichment minus the commercials and you might actually learn something.

I have read more books than I have watched football games.

QuoteKnowing who has the most rushing yards or Hat-tricks is a waste of space in the brain. How many times has your knowledge of sports stats actually done more the impress someone with less information? has it ever won you money? has the knowledge of sports statistics ever bettered the world? no.

Has knowing when to FD, where to pull a mob, how much HP a mob has, or the important details of a particular zone actually impressed anyone, won you money, or "bettered" the world?

QuoteTo me who won last weeks Game is as irrelivant to my day to day life as the average wheat crop yeilds in Spain in the year 1124. It does not effect me as a person it does not effect the world around me (except stadium highway traffic jams and the occasion RIOT on the news when some team has lost.) and it most certainly does not matter one whiff to me if or if not some team won or lost. Because I happen to not care, I found better uses for my time and much better information to clog my brain up with. It's called books you should look into it sometime. Might change your life.

The assumption that you are more intellectual that me because you don't watch football either annoys or amuses me. I can't decide which yet.

In conclusion, the notion that playing Everquest is in any way a "better" use of one's lesiure time than any other hobby is laughable. You have chosen to spend a good portion of your lesiure time talking with people you don't really know, whereas I have chosen to not do so any more. Watching football is one of the things I do enjoy, especially in the company of friends. The suggestion that this makes us illiterate is asinine.

Of course, that's just my opinion
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Fizelle

lol Laiy I edited it when you posted. I thought I was being mean.

And now I can't rememeber what I said lol. I changed it alot while I was typing it.

Quit Inspecting me

Radx

I like Leiyah's answer lol. I actually have learned to work together more. I actually DO the group projects in school now. it's ironic in a way i never played eq never did group projects then i start raidin and POW all group projects done in minutes with an A. And EQ is just a break from your boring , Sad , hectic, stressful, annoying or just a pain in your side life or any others u can think of. I like playin EQ u actually interact and have fun with people you know but don't know at the same time. I think out of a week i watch 4hours of tv and that's at the max i normally watch 2 hours just to see whats on etc. My rule is Do what u think is fun if u don't then what is worth living for. (fun = g/f's tv games wives husband's b/f's etc) Have FUN!
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

Fizelle

lol looks like Axe was editing too but he added instead of subtracting. Laiy PM me and remind me what I said I feel mean again. :p

Quit Inspecting me

Soulstar

Dude the ACC is so the best conference now, and next year it'll just be even stronger with Miami and VT.  That could be a bad thing, since that means nc state is gonna have to play miami every year...

In this season alone, florida state, nc state, virginia, maryland, and wake forest have all been in the top 25.  With the exception of duke, every single acc team has won a bowl game within the last 2 (or was it 3?) years.

Just wait until my wolfpack knock the buckeyes outta second place this saturday, and Phillip Rivers takes home the Heisman.

And on a side note, I've never been able to use my amazing EQ skills/and or abilities to impress a girl.  I haven't really been able to impress any with my sports knowledge either.  However, once I met this girl who absolutely loved college football (and knew even more about it than me) and I was in love.

Of course, if I met a girl with a 65 Shadowknight, I'd prolly fall in love with her too ;)
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

unoshato

hahahha i wont even respond to all your points axe since tempers are high except to say this ... sitting around with a room full of guys and girls watching TV and esp watching sports all the while drinking yelling for folks to shut up so you can hear and eating potato chips is well .. not my idea of fun...

since A.)  I dont drink and I find folks who are drunk/tipsy to be asinine and yeah they try to talk logic and intellectually(or else try to get into fights with me, either verbally or otherwise) but  frankly they are kinda drunk so are talking nonsense,yet will yell out how intellectual (IE culture and intellect based on the lowest mob mentality of watch folks hurt each other, which is sooo intelectual)  they are at any given moment.  

and B.) again it is four hours of commercials and retarded announcers folks try to tell me to shut up so they can hear yet dont pay attention to anyways.

---but whatever axe you made a statement, I responded, and you have spoken on this subject with me before and should have prolly known this one was coming.  So think what you want former skirt wearing cheerleader, my point was participating in a game is far more fun and exciting then sitting around watching others do so, esp if you have to sit thru asinine commercials.

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku

Legolyn

Since you are a girl shadowknight, would a male 65 sk played by female be okay or would that weird you out? :p
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side

Artorious

Ok, I was walking away, but one post must be responded to...

wtf are you smoking souls? :cool:

So far this year Virginia was embarassed by South Carolina.  A team expected to fight Kentucky for second worst team in the SEC east.

Maryland was beaten by ... what was that team again?  Northern Illinois something?  (I hestitate to mention this actually, Bama plays NIU in a couple of weeks at a bad time in our schedule.  Upset in the making.)

NC State was pwned by Wake Forest who has been a doormat for decades.  OSU should easily deal with NC State.  But I have my doubts as to how strong OSU really is this year.

And don't claim the GT upset over AU this weekend because most of us have been watching the soon to be trainwreck at AU with amusement.  They suck in the worst way.  They may get it together before the end of the year.  But I doubt it.  Their best chance in the last 50 years to one-up Bama and they're going to fumble it away while eating each other alive.

That leaves... FSU.  A real surprise there ;).
Artorious Rex
Lord Protector of Mithaniel Marr

Ryverwind
Elder of The Tribunal

Soulstar

NCSU only lost to WF because their all-star RB T.A. Mcclendon went down with an injury late last week and it totally messed up their game plan.  I'm praying he'll be back on saturday.

But WF is ranked 21 this week and hell they could be a serious contender if they win a few more big games.

I hate FSU, so I don't really claim them anyways.

Virginia is also having serious injury troubles with the 2nd best QB in the country, Matt Schaub (Rivers is #1 of course) down for several weeks.  I've honestly never thought that much of Maryland but a lot of other people seem to like them ;)

And meeting a woman with a male 65 shadowknight would be great if she played on the same server, I suppose.  Err, not that my character is female or anything.  You must be bugged.
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Superfly

Sigh. I now know what it must be like to argue with a brick.

I'm willing to let this die except for 2 final points.

1) You have serious stereotyping issues.
2) You are not as all knowing as you think you are.

Next year the ACC might be able to contend for some national prestige. This year though, they're just going to continue to get bitch slapped. My cousin at Virginia was crying to me yesterday about how weak his conference is. Of course, since he's a Patriots fan, he was in a bad mood to begin with.

The Big 12 is the best conference in the country right now.
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Laiynla

once again,

PIE > ALL

unoshato

So wait. Looking down from the towering heights of your staggering intellect. After telling me your going drop it.  You reach thru the vast repertoire of your immense and clearly superlative vocabulary and tell me I am dumb as a brick.  
Wow I am awestruck sir.  But yes lets do drop the subject since as you say I am obviously in the wrong about this subject.  
On a funny note I would like to point out that your inferring my intellect is on par with a rectangular block of stone is in a way you stereotyping me into the "well he doesn't watch sports and doesn't have a law degree thus must be stupid" category. Or it could just be that I hit a bit to close to the mark with my -

"sitting around with a room full of guys and girls watching TV and esp. watching sports all the while drinking yelling for folks to shut up so you can hear and eating potato chips is well .. not my idea of fun"

-remark and you felt the need to lash out from the lofty heights of your massive brain's intense ponderings and squash the insect complaining about societies norm's below your feet. Perhaps it is a bit presumptuous of me to think your football watching parties are like that maybe yours are different and you all have the game on but it is muted and your dissecting Poe and Shakespeare verbally while sipping a rare white wine from an ancient vintage and waxing poetically about historical contests in the arena at Rome and its relevance to today's organized sports leagues.  
:D

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku