• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Eq2

Started by Aridor, November 21, 2002, 05:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridor

Some nice videos about EverQuest 2:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/377/377881p1.html

Wonder who will be able to actually run it like that ;)
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Tonzafun IndyJok

damnit, I don't have time to play this one two! Oh well, guess we will see:D
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Airelyn

Everyone start saving for the most uber computer in the world lol.

This game sounds pretty damn cool, and looks amazing.  I guess we'll have to see :)

We could all stay in regular EQ and have the run of the grounds :)  Over-population will be a thing of the past I imagine heh.

Main thing is with what they are showing and talking about with the game... you will need to have a heafty computer system to play it.  I have a decent comp now and I can't even run all the models without lag.

But it does look and sound amazing... at least a year away yet so we have some time yet hehe.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Tonzafun IndyJok

I was thinking of upgradeing my video card to a 128M. Do you think that will help with the lag or would it a waste of money?
Was thinking of the Radeon 9700 pro.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Carellron

Check the EQ tech board, at one time there was a problem with ATI cards.
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Fizzgig

we all have to go to the same eq2 server...I mean who would I talk too hehehehe

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Aridor

@Tonz: I just recently upgraded to a GF4 , and I have to say that the graphics simply look better (textures look nicer, pretty much everything). I used to have the same gfx settings with my GF2 in EQ (all new models, etc), but it still does look better and give a nice performance boost with the new card.

But of course, EQ is very memory dependent, so just (eg.) 64 MB RAM and a GF4 won't really help you any.

The Radeon is said to have more power than the standard GF4 cards, but as Care said EQ had some problems with ATI cards before.

Maybe might want to wait a bit with buying a new card until the various companies have their new GF4 FX series up. It would probably smoke the Radeon 9700 pro easily, ie. if you got the money for it ;)  If not, the other GF4 cards are probably going to get a bit cheaper.
___

The character animations in those EQ2 movies are quite amazing, imho.
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::