• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

New Spells on Test

Started by Airelyn, August 22, 2002, 07:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaxboan

Blrrrpppp to tonz. I tried that, nothing happened. Might have been the lev from the summoned ring of flight...neener.

Bah, never said Mages suck, actually I love the class. Really just wanted to point out that there are other classes that fare as bad as druids in getting groups.

Everybody has hard luck stories about getting groups, given enough time online (lord knows this group has spent some time online) you are going to zone in and not get any bites.

I share Aire's concern about watering down the clerics value, but then again it wouldn't hurt this guild any, if our druids could heal better. Heck, it might even get a few more of our guild's epics back online.

Kaneril Knightwing

This is why I hate pickup groups in general. I MUCH prefer guildmates that want me because they know I can do my job well and we work together as a team. I will take any guildie no matter WHAT the class over a non guildmate. And frankly I have stopped playing Kaneril for the most part because of the difficulty in getting in groups and am concentrating on my nifty little Necro :)We'll see what happens with him once he gets post 50 :) Probably the same thing lol
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Tonzafun IndyJok

This is why I hate pickup groups in general. I MUCH prefer guildmates that want me because they know I can do my job.

Who might that be Kane?

Bwhahahaha!
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Johnray

Not saying anything negative, but I took some notes last night while soloing in DL.

In three hours -

(4) shouts from groups wanting a cleric
 (1) shout from group wanting healer/preferably cleric
 (1) shout from group wanting healer

That's all the shouts for people in groups looking for members.

Just an observation....

Tonzafun IndyJok

You neglected to mention the 47 shouts for a druid. They needed a port.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Airelyn

sigh
Quotebut come on, to not be happy for druids for finally getting some group ability is just so not fair.
I am happy for druids, I do believe that they need to be more group friendly.
QuoteI would be happy if they just made harmony work indoors and only work for druids.
Fully agree
QuoteThis is really a pointless conversation there is just no way you will ever convince me any class has it worse than a druid.
I'm not trying to convince you... I'm just telling my side of the story.  I don't believe that druids have it as bad as you say... it is all a matter of opinion and situation.  The soloing abilities of a druid are what I personally like about the class and that is why I played one to 51 originally.  I totally agree Druids have problems getting groups... don't need to convinve me of that.  I also know Druids have a hard time getting into high-level guilds because they aren't needed as much.  That's why I have always said the druid is a solo class... hopefully the changes that are coming will help aleviate that and make them more wanted.
QuoteSo yeah, I haven't played a cleric to high level yet but my cleric never waits long for a group.
Clerics pre-50 get groups easy, well at least they did back in my day... I noticed a big change post-50.

About gear... I agree Druids get the shaft.
QuoteI love you guy's and don't want any hard feelings
LOL, I would beat anyone up if they hard feelings over a discussion heh.  I like having debates personally... everyone has different views about things and yeah everyone has their own problems with their mains.
QuoteJust remember Druids are people too
I disagree... port me monkey! hehe
QuoteIn three hours - (4) shouts from groups wanting a cleric (1) shout from group wanting healer/preferably cleric (1) shout from group wanting healer
Of course people want a Cleric healing for them right now... druids can't heal nearly as good as Clerics can right now.
QuoteYou neglected to mention the 47 shouts for a druid. They needed a port.
I hate it when people would send you personal tells for ports.  I also hate this tell... "Hey I need a rezz in Maiden's Eye, i'll pay you 100pp." and you say, "But I am in Timorous Deep." and they say, "Ok ok I'll pay you 150."  LOL... gee thanks, wow now that is worth it :)

Ok I am done hehe.  I think I made my point clear on the Cleric class.  No we aren't perfect but we aren't totally screwed either.  And once again... I am HAPPY for the Druids :) But I have concerns with the playability is all, it is scary for us Clerics to be faced with new competition for groups when we already have so much competetion between each other.

I am sure it will work out just fine and everything will be super.  I mean hell... I have a 53 shammy also, don't think that I am not excited to get 54 so I can grab this new spell hehe.

Anyway... uber long post wheeeee.  But I wouldn't be Airelyn if my posts didn't go on and on and on and on... and on.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

chingerz

QuoteOriginally posted by Airelyn
I also know Druids have a hard time getting into high-level guilds because they aren't needed as much.  That's why I have always said the druid is a solo class... hopefully the changes that are coming will help aleviate that and make them more wanted.

clicky

Fizzgig

LOL ching we only have col in the guild that fits that clicky

oh and I'm only saying that druids CAN solo while cleric's CAN'T currently...if we don't get a group we don't get xp while just about every other class mentioned in this discussion can solo and can get xp on their ownsome :).....lol the ability of a mage and druid to solo is why my two babies are a druid and a mage :p

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Fizzgig

ok I've just read 21 pages of the cleric forum on this issue and can I just say my class is full of the BIGEST WHINERS EVER everyone's bitchin about everything in general it's rather amusing really. and I don't know what servers these people are on that the cleric always gets a group lol maybe they're all lowbies...anyhow just thought I'd put this up so you all know that I'm really bored lol oh and I thought this particular demonstration was rather funny

Seb after latest patch to servers
Shaman_01 zones in
Cleric_01 zones in
Druid_01 zones in
Ranger_01 zones in
Palidan_01 zones in
Warrior_01 zones in
Monk_01 zones in
Bard_01 zones in
Enchanter_01 zones in
Wizard_01 zones in
Mage_01 zones in
Shadowknight_01 zones in
Rogue_01 zones in
Necromancer_01 zones in
Bard_01 says, "**** none of my songs work."
Everyone snickers at Bard_01
Bard_01 logs
Shaman shouts, "Shaman_01 looking for more."
Everyone raises hand.
Warrior_01 joins Shaman_01
Rogue_01 joins Shaman_01
Enchanter_01 joins Shaman_01
Ranger_01 joins Shaman_01
Rogue_01 tells group, "Why the ranger?"
Ranger_01 sighs.
Shaman_01 tells group, "Need someone with snare."
Monk_01 joins Shaman_01
Cleric_01 says, "What about me?"
Shaman_01 says, "Sorry man got that part covered."
Cleric_01 sighs
Necro_01 snickers
Druid_01 snickers
Wizard_01 says, "what about evac."
Shaman_01 removes Monk_01 from group
Monk_01 says, "WTF!"
Wizard_01 joins Shaman_01
Druid_01 says, "Anyone wanna join me for a group?"
Monk_01 says, "Sure."
Mage_01 says, "Sure."
Necro_01 says, "Sure."
Palidan_01 says, "Sure."
Shadowknight_01 says, "Sure."
Cleric_01 says, "Sure."
Druid_01 says, "REALLY? Anyone know where the invite key is?"
Everyone groans
Monk_01 joins Druid_01
Mage_01 joins Druid_01
Necro_01 joins Druid_01
Palidan_01 joins Druid_01
Shadowknight_01 joins Druid_01
Cleric_01 sighs
Cleric_01 says, "What about me?"
Druid_01 says, "Sorry man got it covered. Can we get Aego?"
Shaman_01 says, "Yeah can we get Aego?"
Cleric_01 sighs
Cleric_01 says, "Yeah sure."
Shaman_02 zones in.
Shaman_02 shouts, "Shaman_02 looking for a group."
Monk_01 leaves group
Mage_01 leaves group
Necro_01 leaves group
Palidan_01 leaves group
Shadowknight_01 leaves group
Druid_01 says, "WTF!"
Monk_01 joins Shaman_02
Mage_01 joins Shaman_02
Necro_01 says, "NM I will go solo."
Palidan_01 joins Shaman_02
Shadowknight_01 joins Shaman_02
Druid_01 says, "I can evac and snare."
Cleric_01 says, "What about...
Druid_01 joins Shaman_02
...me..oh nm I know ya got it covered."
Palidan_01 tells group, "Great 2 healers."
Cleric_01 sighs
Shaman_01 group heads into seb.
Shaman_02 group heads into seb.
Cleric_01 shouts, "Cleric_01 looking for a group."
Ten minutes go by
Shaman_01 tells Cleric_01, "Hey man can you rez us that other fing group trained us we can donate"
Shaman_02 tells Cleric_01, "Hey man can you rez us the other group trained us we can donate."
Cleric_01 logs
Shaman_01 shouts, "WTF."
Shaman_02 shouts, "Why did he log?"
Cleric_01 creates Newbshaman_03

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Airelyn

LOL fizz, that's pretty funny.

I don't like to read the cleric boards cause they whine so much... now go read druid board... same thing... go to ranger board same thing.... go to shaman board, same thing... etc etc etc... every class board is like that.  Noone can ever be happy, they always have to bitch and moan.

They won't be happy until every class is equipped with heal, full melee ability, all wear plate, can all manaburn, FD, snare, fear, backstab, sneak, hide, have pets, port/punt, slow, cast KEI, lay of hands, harmtouch, and tank... miss anything?

Oh and Ching, ya I noticed that last week... suddenly need some support healers do ya? heh
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Fizzgig

lol air....maybe you should put that in a public petition alot of the (not druid) forums seem to think that's why druid's get everything lol

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

chingerz

Most sensible paladins were happy with the state of the class before they started making these changes.  The notorious Thunder of Karana nerf from the first week of Luclin has yet to be changed, and the 9 point Divine Stun aa skill is still viewed as worthless.

The whiners in the paladin community are usually exposed for their lack of clue about the effect of their proposed change on the rest of the game.

Fizzgig

lol same with the cleric comunity...some of the changes people want would mean you wouldn't need anyother class period lol

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

chingerz

QuoteOriginally posted by Fizzgig
lol same with the cleric comunity...some of the changes people want would mean you wouldn't need anyother class period lol

isn't that already happening with the changes on test? duo clerics in cazic thule with no other classes to support them....

Dinania

Hi all, crashing your board since there hasn't been a fun one like this on my guilds :)

As someone who has lvl'd a cleric to high level (and its almost done.. thankfully) I can reaffirm what you've heard, for the most part being a cleric is, bring a book and remember to look up once in a while for the cheal. There are a few zones, like Seb, that tend to keep a cleric on their toes and i actually log off quite exhausted after being in Seb for several hours, however, that is far from the norm. You can spice things up a bit, perhaps in an xp grp by throwing out Marks on mobs or nuking, but its all a judgement call of use of mana. If a cleric has good FT equipment, is >lvl58 for mana regen spell and KEI, well, watch out, we can be awesome dmg with a few good nukes.. then again, depends on the zone. Some of the newer zones, the mobs have so many hps that you nuke and wonder if their health bar even moved :) And, I may be different on this point, but I like the rotation part of raids.. at least i know im needed and busy, even if it is just hitting a hot key.. because the timing has to be right or bye bye MT.

Ok, so that's my rant on hi lvl clerics. However, this was about druids vs. clerics.. and my only real thot on this is... how much mana does a normal druid have???

I know what a cheal costs me and most times i will do at least one per mob if not two depending on situation and aggro. As i stated, me doing more than heal or buff, which is another mana sucker, is all judgemental on my mana and how fast i regen.. what would i do if i was a druid and expected to snare, ds, buff and heal, and that leaves out the good dots and nukes that druids can do... I dunno, but I think in the long run a druid is gonna be so worn out from double duty and possibly calling STOP PULLS due to lack of mana that having someone dedicated to heals is not such a bad thing. I don't know about anyone else, but waiting for a caster to med is downtime i don't like.  Lets not forget, the majority of clerics specialized in the skill for healing, how many druids have or even would specialize in that skill.

This change is for the high lvl raid. There are places you can't go unless you have X amount of clerics, just doesn't work. This was their way to give guilds that raid a lot other options in way of having healing power that might allow a raid to go on if X amount of clerics have not logged on.

Anyway, ask Chin, i've done my fair share of whining about this change for fear of not being wanted, but I feel after thinking about it that in time grps will realize that druids and clerics work very well hand in hand.. if and when a cleric needs a med time, the druid could fill in on that part and a grp can keep pulling.. for after all, pulls are xp and like it or not, thats the name of the game in small groups.. EXP !!  

All in all i enjoy being a cleric and I hope that Aire and Fizz can find more enjoyment in their cleric's too. For all the grouping issues i talked about here, my most fun is actually duo with a good tank.. so Aire and Fizz.. find a good tank (my favorites are monk and pallys.. just personal preferance) and go have fun. I've worked up my 1hb and 2hb's recently and been having a great time.. getting ready for the 'uber' hammer we're gonna get ;)