• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

The "incident" in CoM

Started by Fizelle, May 02, 2003, 12:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizelle

Last night we raided CoM to obtain the last two pieces for Sey's epic. First part is kill a black reaver on the skyway who pops Neh for a turn in. Well due to the "fixed" pathing this stupid reaver now falls through the trap in the floor of his house when you pull him. Thus when Uno pulled him he fell down to the temple where a group of uber assholes (UAs) were farming.

The UA's names are Reltor, Stroke, Blitzing, and Ningirsu. You may recognize their names from previous trips to CoM as they seem to never leave the zone.

When the reaver fell Uno jumped down after it. The UAs were killing the reaver no biggie (although yes that means they were KSing us as Uno had already engagged the mob) we don't need the reaver we need Neh. Uno says hey sorry he dropped on your head but he fell through the trap in his house, he spawns Neh please don't kill Neh we need to do a turn in for our shammy's epic. They say fine. So the whole raid Lev's and jumps down and makes its way to the temple.

We get there and the UA's have started killing Neh. Naturally everyone freaks and tries to get them to stop. Then one of them sends Sey a tell "gives us 2k plat or we'll kill him."

Sey informs us of their extortion and naturally everyone freaks. I want to commend everyone for not training them or otherwise using bannable tactics to exact revenge against these UAs. I know we were all wanting their blood when Neh dropped to the ground and the UAs informed us what he dropped and then camped out like cowards.

I know what you're thinking. Why didn't we just pay the plat and let poor Sey do his turn in? First of all who the hell brings 2k to CoM? Second and most important:

Keepers of Fortitude WILL NOT pay extotionists.

If people pay the UAs they get away with this disgusting behaviour and they will keep doing it. If people don't pay they get nothing but the satisfaction of winding up on people's /ignore lists and gaining reputations as UAs and will hopefully :rolleyes:stop doing it.

Needless to say we petitioned and Sey /reported. The GM who spoke to Sey said he will be escalating his petition which hopefully means they will all be banned. Don't hold your breath though becasue as we all know SoE isn't really interested in keeping its customers happy or policing UAs.

I am posting this in the public area of our forums becasue I want others to beware of these UAs. Reltor, Stroke, Blitzing, and Ningirsu. /guildstatus revealed they are all unguilded however they could have simply /guildremove while the rest of us were heading over to the temple. I am tempted to also post this story in other forums but as I rarely post in other areas it would look like a troll so I won't. I really really want to though ;)

The story does have a happy ending however. After the UAs camped we went back into the temple to camp reavers while we waited the three hours for Neh's reaver to pop (we got two btw gratz Tulain and Mystwyrd). When the reaver popped we went back up and pulled him again (yes he fell through the trap again) after he ran up to us we killed him Neh poped and Sey did his turn in. We then went back down found rak did turn in killed rak and poof Sey is epic. :)

Gratz Sey, Tulain and Mystwyrd. Gratz to everyone for sticking together and keeping cool heads when forced to deal with UAs and their extortion.

Reltor, Stroke, Blitzing, and Ningirsu

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Winston Wolf

Grats to Sey on his epic.   Sorry it took two camps to get him.  I was pretty upset myself when those $@#% pulled the crap.
Allira - 60! Druid
Krowd - 60! Enchanter
Barry - 54 Mage

----------------------------------
That's all you had to say!

Radx

Grats to all of you. SOE won't do a thing about it cause it they have done it 2 other times from my other guilds. They are evil al over and i despise them.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.