• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Assist

Started by Fizelle, August 29, 2003, 10:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vivace

wow..um..ya radx and mindy are likt a year or two younger than i am..haha.

leiyah...are you suggesting lohagen take advice from radx on flattery?!

Leiyah

Loh doesn't need advice. Ima happy girl.  /smile

on a side note....IP FIXED!  WOOT!

Laiynla

No offence to any of the softies,   but if any guy i ever dated  said that to me  id smack him.  Im  one of those  old fashioned girls who likes  her men to be strong...the only reason i married ryver  was because he could beat me in a fair fight  (yes im serious,   he gave me a fat lip  and a bloody nose and i LOVED IT)  Not that i dont like romance,  i love when ryver brings me flowers,  but i also love  that  if i say something stupid hes not going blindly agree with me  because of his infatuation level.   Mutual respect is  something thats necessary  for a long lasting relationship, and in the immortal words of Ferris Bueller,  you cant respect someone whos kissing your ass  LOL.
"I drank what?"  ** Socrates**

Fizzgig

people who fear nothing often die young and miserable when real life catches up with them.

also I've been married for nearly nine years so I'm not a cynic

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Legolyn

Date postponed Leiyah, I was up to my eyebrows in making Mexican cuisine last night.  I'll try to be your punching bag this evening.
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side

vivace

wow..ryverwind and laiynla fighting..and she 'liked it!" i'd hate to see what happens when they arent just playing around.

Radx

I may not look super big or strong but i'm ALOT stronger than i look. It's not that i don't fear anything i just try and overcome it :p .
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

GSOBear

This is what I have figured out so for:

Radx & Mindy:     Both around 17-18 (aka seniors in H.S.)
Radx doesn't like being controlled.
Radx wants a job in the military.
Mindy (new bit of info) going into the military.
Both will be mechanics.

Assuming you will be stationed in the same base(don't count on it)
Assumes that away from you she won't be seduced by power, money, rank.
Assumes pay will be good.

Remember most military have to beg on the weekends for donations from others in the PX. The military doesn't pay well.

They are young, innocent, and stupid.

Yes this is many years speaking, and I might be a bit cynical but that is what is left. I have seen a lot of people ruin their lives by relationships that they rush into.

that is my 2 cp worth...so keep throwing pp's at me.
My energy is spent at last, my armor is destroyed. I have used up all my weapons. I am helpless and deranged. Wounds are all I'm made of. Tell me you say this is victory?

Nytehunter

well im not gonna  take to much time  catching up to all the post just  put in  my  539 years of blood suckin  experiances   and various  comebacks . .

A.)  radx I absolutly guarntee I can scare you
B.) love is worth dying for  . .. its also worth waiting for.
C.) being cold lonely and bitter for years on end sucks  
D.) youth benifit from luck where they lack in wisdom and rightly so otherwise non of us would be here to give  advice would we?

on a related diatribe . . . .  If  we gave out free beer to each guy who got a vasectomy wed be taking care of 2 problems at once. . ..   chlorinating our gene pool . . and  indicating the darwin award winners at the same time . . . dont laugh i know people who would do it.

Never fear, Nytehunter is here!

Leiyah

Military also tries and makes exceptions for those who have spouses also in the military to be stationed at the same base.  But I've got friends where exceptions were not 'able' to be made.  Be absolutely prepared for this because it is a very real and possible thing...that is....exceptions not being made.

There is a huge difference between flattery and constant overkissing of the ass.  I have seen it first hand ruin relationships (including marriages) when one never outwardly says 'I love you' or 'you're beautiful' or 'I appreciate you' ....things like that.  But you're right in the fact that not having a backbone or not being willing to argue a point with your 'other half' won't get you very far I dont' think.

Finding a 'true love' young would be awesome!  Geez, wonder how many years I'm gonna waste with the wrong ones?  lol

Lego, you use being in the kitchen as an excuse? You chicken!  Now, Go in the kitchen and MAKE ME A PIE!  and afterwards GO KNIT ME A SWEATER!  

And actually Nyte -- will you scare me please?  It'll give me an excuse to run to Loh for protection and comfort and.....

/smile

Legolyn

Yeah I did.  I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  Pie however, is not something I can make with regularity.  It seems my baked goods are quite subpar.  Anyway I won't be able to get on to duel you anyway.  It seems my computer has some sort of problem that I can't seem to fix.  It freezes up in the middle of any sort of lengthy process, EQ, disk clean-up, anything.  So don't look for me to be on-line any time soon.  I have tried everything I know how to do to fix it.  And short of deleting the partitions and reformating the hard drive I'm at an utter loss.
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side

Laiynla

Adding to the random advice,  AND  speaking from un cynical experience  (I cant be cynical when im married to such a great guy ;) )  People change the most in the early to mid 20's.  Thats when they get  the freedom and oppportunity to decide for themselves  what thay want to be and do in their lives.   Any resemblance to their 16/17 year old selves is usually dim and fading.  The chance that you two  will stay compatible is there,  but it is very slim.  I was with a guy that I had known and been very good friends with for 10 years,  and  when he turned 24 his life took a COMPLETELY  different path  then what had been happening for the decade that i had known him.   (no im not bitter,  i got better anyhow :D ).  Without further ado,  he left and went his own way.   Devotion is a wonderful thing,  but blind obeisance is a completely different thing,  and one that  wont help hold you up if anythng happened.   Bottom line:  patience makes the heart grow fonder,  and sometimes  to know what you have is right you have to make sure that other things arent.   Just reading the same book over and over  wont expand your mind,   but  reading a selection  then  choosing the one that you enjoy the most is intelligence.
"I drank what?"  ** Socrates**

Carellron

With Radx's inability to keep his mouth shut he will have a, let's just say, a difficult time in the military.  For those that have served their country as I have you know of what I speak ;)
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Radx

i realise the part about where we could not get stationed together but it is a 100pct chance if we are married. And to speak the truth i actually don't talk much i do what i am told unless it's my mom cause she can get off the couch like my lil brother. I use eq as a excuse to talk alot. If it is needed i could get Mindy to tell ya i don't talk that much i think out of first week of school we talked alot but not that much if u put it up to as much as others talk. One of the only things i ever repeat is that i Love her. Ooh and side note i don't carwe how scary u are or u think u are but u ain't gonna give me fear 1 reason y is i have someone i hold dearly and the best thing in the world to do is to fight your fears.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

vivace

Think of these people as your peers, radx.  They arent trying to ridicule you or put you down. what they are trying to do is prepare you for the real world. once you graduate highschool life is no longer the same.  you change as you grow more mature and realise resposibilies that you will have to endure to be a sucessful person. most of the people in this guild arent teenagers or people have thrown away their lives. i would want to bet that the majority of this guild, or people with access to this part of the forums, are successful people with families. they have been through lifes downs and ups, and they have whats most important, experience in life.

its human nature to try and protect people that are close to you and i think that a lot of people want to protect you by saying, 'dont expect the best outcome.'  although they dont know your personal situation they are trying to help from what they know from their own past. so take their advice and apply it to what you know.  get all the information before you start making decisions that will have a lifelong effect.  from what i understand you really love Mindy, dont screw it up by making a bad decision.

again i dont know you're personal situation, but make sure you make plans before you jump in. Love isnt like a highschool project where you can throw it together the night before. One more thing, Make sure mindy and yourself dont try the long distance thing. it sucks ass, big time.