• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Direct X9 now required

Started by Jimjediwan, March 23, 2004, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimjediwan

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

Reading the patch message says DX9 required now, link should take you to microsofts download place.
   Also looks like they did some tweaking of fabled mobs, dont exactly know what this means but almost sounds nerfed.
   One  things for sure, and I saw this coming from a mile away, they are adding recommended lvl for most fabled items. ouch!
typical sony bait and switch tho...

Glulail

ok, i installed DX9 earlier so i could play... i logged in and everything worked fine, except the fact that all of the environment was just a huge gray area... couldn't see anything but gray... any idea whats wrong?
"Holy crap!.... Did anyone else feel that?" ~ Peter Griffin, "Family Guy"
"You are the worst thing to happen to musical theater since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you... I just plain don't like you..." ~ Stewie, "Family Guy"
Glulail Bhakstabbur ~ 52nd Rogue; 3AAs

Jimjediwan

couple things to check, they messed with the display tab gamma settings, I had to turn mine up to see, everything was too dark.
  but if you mean like opaque grey, then you need to go check the website that your video card manufacturer is on, for updated video card drivers.

Fizzgig

could be your clipplane if it's just the environment and not your chat boxes ect

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Glulail

had that thought too, but i checked gamma and clip plane and they were fine.. not quite sure how to check what cideo card i have tho, much less the website.. anyone know how to do this? much help appreciated
"Holy crap!.... Did anyone else feel that?" ~ Peter Griffin, "Family Guy"
"You are the worst thing to happen to musical theater since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you... I just plain don't like you..." ~ Stewie, "Family Guy"
Glulail Bhakstabbur ~ 52nd Rogue; 3AAs

Lohagen Elamadri

The fabled item nerf was basically adding rec. level to everything worth twinking with, to around 50 or 55. Also the Jboots are no longer targettable, and only last 18 mins. Other than that they're still ok though, just glad i never got on the fabled bandwagon and wasted 22 hrs for something hit with the old N-stick.
Hunter Lohagen Elamadri

65 Forest Pervert
Grandmaster Fletcher (249)
Official Gnome Vs Gnome fight promoter