• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Funny Teamspeak Story

Started by Kazaba, April 17, 2004, 08:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazaba

Some of you who were on last night's raid may have wondered why I out of the blue fired an arrow at the Guardian of the seal and got myself killed.  Others of you may just want a good laugh at your favorite bald one-eyed human ranger's expense.  To satisfy both requests I give you my Teamspeak story -

The Teamspeak story goes thusly -

I have a game pad set up to hit range attack repeatedly to save my hands when I'm primarily shooting. At first I had it set up to hit the 2 key repeatedly (hotbutton 2 is where I always have my ranged attack key). This worked fine until I hit enter to chat or r to reply to a tell at which point I would say to my group or reply to a tell 22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222
. I finally got the bright Idea to link hot button 2 not only to the 2 key, but also to f12. That way I can set my game pad to autofire, and chat away, forage or whatever with no problem. However when I manually fire my bow I always use the 2 key, so after a while I no longer really remembered that f12 would fire my bow as well.

Then earlier this week I set up Teamspeak and after fiddiling with my mike a bit decided voice activation didn't work to well so I decided to switch to push to talk. I wanted a key that wouldn't interefere with eq chatting, and wouldn't change my target or my view. So naturally I came up with the same key I'd come up with a year ago for autofire archery f12.

About half way through last night's raid I noticed that I was getting a "you don't have a target" message when I hit push to talk. I was leading the raid last night so I didn't stop right then and switch the push to talk key, but was very careful to make sure I din't have a target or had a PC targeted when I pushed to talk.

Well at least I was careful for a little while. Then Silv said in teamspeak that the Guardian of the Seal and the guard were KoS to anyone. I didn't think that was exactly right, I thought he was only KoS to people who got too close to his seal. So I targeted him and conned him from far away from him and he conned indifferent. Feeling very smart that I knew this factoid and Silv didn't I hit my push to talk key. In slow motion I see the arrow leave my bow and sail majestically across the dungeon where I scored a nice hit on the Guardian of the Seal. Anyhow, I hightailed it across the dungeon to die fast so as not to wipe the raid. Fortunately people were smart enough (or surprised enough) not to help me and only I died and we proceeded to whip some giant golem tail.

And that is the Teamspeak story.

Jimjediwan

LoL, I feel your pain, I have mine set up on a microsoft sidewinder throttle. throttle on fires arrows throttle off to stop. unfortunately there have been a few times ive forgotten to turn the throttle off, when selecting my next target....thankfully it hasnt happend on a big target like in Ntov or something........Yet

Leiyah

I don't have any funny teamspeak stories yet but....

The first night I was setting it up - I got this great idea based on a few comments that Karlah made.

Because I often skip using the mouse and type things out I figured I would set my "Push to Talk" button to my right-click on my mouse!  It was a wonderful idea!!

Until....I started opening up item links...ALOT of item links!

Karlah tells you, "OUCH!"
You tell Karlah, "huh?"

*snicker*

Sorry X if a wife-in-pain got you smacked around a little.  I'm sure you deserved it for *something* over the last few months!  *wink*