• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

EQ Eastereggs

Started by Aridor, September 15, 2002, 06:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridor

Guess I must be really bored, look what I've found.. click

Here are some excerpts:

The Gods must be crazy - or at least, the people who made them are; their names are FULL of anagrams.
Tunare (Goddess of Nature) = Nature
The Rathe (from the Plane of Earth) = The Earth
Xegony (from the Plane of Air) = Oxygen
Veeshan (child of Xegony, ruler of the sky) = Heavens
Povar (from the Plane of Water) = Vapor
E'ci (from the Plane of Water) = Ice
Rodcet Nife (God of Healing) = Docter Fine (again mispelled).

In the Qeynos sewers there is graffiti that says 'Aradune is stinky'

Charm a griffon. Tell it /pet sit down. Laugh. Incidentally, this also works with numerous other mobs. <- any info on this?

In Skyshrine, and a possible nod to the infamous shows on television:
Guardian Selucreh = Hercules
Anex = Xena
Suez = Zeus
(And a few miscellaneous names that just appear to have been thrown in):
Commander Leuz = Zuel, from Ghostbusters?
Yaced = Decay

A bard merchant in Freeport is named Jekel Enheid - like "Dr. Jekell and Mr. Hyde", a novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.

As expected, the Plane of Mischief is full of silly names, like a Spectre (reminiscent of death itself) being called "Life". Or how about the giant hand called "My Finger" ("Hey - Monk - pull My Finger!"). Finally, check out these scarecrows in a lovely little upside-down room in the PoM: Mees, Gono, Keel and Uuuz ("Mees gonna kill yous"). Mees thinks the programmers had a blast with the Plane of Mischief!

In Thurgadin, there is Meg Tucter and Talem Tucter - anagrams of "Gem Cutter" and "Metal Cutter" - can you guess what they sell?

Skyshrine:
In the pool room near the zone to Cobalt Scar, there are 2 pairs of Guardians: one pair is Guardian Salva and Guardian Tion...salvation.

The bankers in Thurgadin are two brothers by the names of Mort and Gage, forming Mortgage!
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Fizzgig

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

chingerz

qeynos reversed == sony eq