• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

EQ instant messanger

Started by Airelyn, November 02, 2002, 07:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airelyn

hmm well this is cool... but you have to pay which is lame.

Keep in Touch Beyond EverQuest
EQIM, the EverQuest Instant Messaging Service, is an exciting new way to chat with your EverQuest friends. With the ability to connect to the EverQuest chat server, players can now log on to this instant messaging service as one of their characters and chat directly with players on any server, create their own chat rooms, even over group or guild channels. Staying in touch with friends, guildmates and groupmates has never been so easy and convenient.

What Can I Do With EQIM?
There is almost no limit to the ways you can use EQIM. Stuck at work but want to monitor your guild's big raid? No problem! EQIM will keep you in touch with people and on top of events in your EQ community while you're not in the game. Plan the evening's adventures before you enter EQ so you can get in and get on with the fun immediately—reduce or eliminate the time it takes to look for a group and to organize big raids!

Host guild meetings in private chat rooms that you can moderate.

Looking for a key player for an impromptu raid? Check EQIM to see if he is online. If you know his other aliases, check them all on any server!

Explore the EverQuest Community
The global EverQuest community is just a click away with EQIM, keeping you in contact with old friends and opening new avenues to meet new friends. EQIM adds a completely new dimension to your EQ gaming experience. With an active subscriber base of more than 430,000 players and as many as 100,000 or more players logged on simultaneously, the world of EQ has potential to expand for you in unimagined ways.

How Do I Get EQIM?
The EQIM client download will be made available very soon, so check back here at everquestlive.com often. There will be a trial period during which you will be able to try out the service for free. After this trial period there will be a subscription fee to use the service. You must have an active and valid EverQuest subscription with at least one character to use the EQIM service.

If I Like It, Can I Keep Using It?
If you like EQIM, after the trial period has passed you can subscribe to the service for a nominal fee and continue using EQIM. The subscription fee will be announced soon. EverQuest Legends subscribers will get EQIM at no charge!

================
Well it better not be more then like 3 bucks or they are money hogs :)
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Levin

Don't have the link but they just announced in the last day or so that EQIM would be free, because PoP did so well.
If we were warriors or paladins we would have a fancy ceremony and plenty of feasting but we're just rangers, without time for pleasantries.
     -- Telin Darkforest

Fizzgig

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Soulstar

/em smells a publicity stunt...

bet they were planning to do that all along
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.