• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Today's Patch (06.11.03)

Started by Fizelle, June 11, 2003, 11:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizelle

Just want to say they fianlly got a patch right. Early this evening they took PoK down for a few minutes and put in the guy who will give you a charm whoes stats increase for each PoP flag you have and/or get. To get the charm you say to him "What craft".
For each flag you will also receive one AA point to get the points you say to him "I will tell you a story".

I am flagged for PoS, PoV, BoT, PoTactics, CoD, and PoNB. I received 5 AA and the charm below. I'm not sure which flag doesn't count for the AA or stats on the charm. I do know the CoD quest flag does count as that is the only flag I've done for Felynryl.

I am also thrilled to pieces they have made casks (used in brewing) and ceramic linning (used for pottery) stackable. Woot! I love it.

Also they finally fixed KEI. It can no longer be cast on anyone lower then lvl 46 whoo hoo no more newb beggars sending me tells.

Rudenewb tells you: 'Can you KEI me?'
You tell Rudenewb: 'I don't see you where are you?'
Rudenewb tells you: 'I'm in OT my group needs KEI bad if you come out here we'll donate 20p'

I am not kidding I have received these tells. Not to mention the spam tells while AFK. Once I was AFK in Felwithe waiting for my mana to come back after enchanting a bunch of mithril. 20 minutes later I have a full screen (scrolled off) of:

Rudenewb tells you: 'Are you back yet I need KEI'
afk message: I'm afk waiting to get mana back. I can't KEI anyone I am enchanting ore it takes all my mana'

Rudenewb tells you: 'Are you back yet I need KEI'
afk message: I'm afk waiting to get mana back. I can't KEI anyone I am enchanting alot of ore it takes all my mana'

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Saiferus

i think your wrong on this one fizelle. this patch is just another screwed nerf i have flags for 4 of the six you listed and got 1 aa. to boot I'm sick of being nerfed we are the most screwed class there is we finally can solo so they nerf charm. to make high end encounters harder for raids the make mobs immune to mezz charm slowing etc. when was the last time you hread of an tank who got a message you cant damage this mob in order to make this a high end encounter

Legolyn

Saiferus as far as the AA goes, say the phrase to him again and again.  You'll be surprised by the results.  

And I'm not a chanter but I can hardly say Sony has been nerfing the holy hell out of you.  Chanters aren't the only ones that charm kill things to solo.  While I'm not extatic about the reduction in solo xp I also realize that this is the way Sony wants the game to be played.  I either pay my 13 bucks and go with what they give me or go find something else to do with my time.
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side

tezron

storms and valor are 1 flag
Tezron
Isteacia
Ignant

This message has been brought to you  by the letter Z and the number 42

Artorious

Not sure if alternate access key flags work or not.  I have storyline flags for Bot, Hoh, PoV/PoS, PoNb.  I have xp only quest access to CoD.  From all indications PoV/PoS is one flag and PoNb isn't included in the flags for aa.  Yet I got 4aa and a charm indicating 4 flags obtained.  /shrug
Artorious Rex
Lord Protector of Mithaniel Marr

Ryverwind
Elder of The Tribunal

Saiferus

Legolyn
first i did say it multi time and last i check bards have a lot more than charm going to for them. I'm pretty sure you hit for more than 5hp when using your weapons and probbly have a bit more hp and ac than the pure caster class.

second as i said the whole line of spell chanters are known for are use to to decide how hard a  raid should be by V

Soulstar

Saif... lego is a druid.

Oh and for the record, warriors do get the "you can't damage this mob" message on Lord inquis seru and Emp ssra if they don't have the bane weapons ;)
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

unoshato

fize has a cousin with a 65th lvl mage.. he has more HP and AC unbuffed then me..

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku

Saiferus

ok lizard you dont want to start with me today. ok soul those what 2 65+ mobs. we get screwd starting in the lvl 30s with giants not being mezzable and just gets worst from there fwith spell that dont work on a large group of monsters and a HUGE agrro when is is widely known that many guild dont condier it a raid til the chanter dies 2+ times. when you walk in to a new zone you have an idea that most of your stuff wil be useful i go in to anew zone wondering how many times im going to die trying to figure out what my MAIN SPELL dont work on.

Fizelle

Stop picking on Saif. He's right they have nerfed the holy heck out of chanters. I for one would like to know why they called the ultimate chanter a Coercer if they keep taking away our ability to coerce things. Just because they have nerfed things for other classes doesn't mean chanters haven't been nerfed.

He's been playing his chanter alot longer then I have he remembers the glory days when a chanter was needed. Believe it or not chanters used to be more then buff whores. Nothing makes me sadder then knowing that people's only concern as to whether or not a chanter will be at a raid is if KEI will be available.

Saif and I do disagree on the KEI issue. Quite frankly I am happy I will no longer be harrassed by people under 46 who NEED KEI in order to play their class. I have received tells from these idiots saying "but I am useless without KEI" :confused:

I think its a good thing for younger chanters because now people will have to group with them to get some mana regen. I also think its a good thing for 60+ chanters because hopefully it will lower the cost of the spell. KEI is a must for chanters people make fun of you if you don't have the spell and if you don't have connections or get really lucky its hideously expensive to buy.

Finally I think its a good thing for all other classes because hopefully it will reduce the "anyone KEIing" spam in PoK and the nexus.

PS: The bane weapon argument doesn't apply. Chanters can't do a quest, equip the reward for that quest and suddenly be able to mezz non mezzable mobs.

Quit Inspecting me

Soulstar

well... like 2 of my spells work in CoD, the rest are resisted every single time by every mob.  So pfft =P

And I play an enc too... he's level 40... I don't bother grouping really, its not worth the trouble... I charm things
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Legolyn

To clear it up I wasn't picking on Saif.  I could have gone the route of 'poor x class, we got x nerfed now we aren't as powerful'.  The point was that it happens to everyone, not just chanters.  Never once did I say they haven't nerfed chanters.  But they have hardly been made completely useless.  Nor has any class.  Some classes are more powerful than others, so be it.  We live with it, or we go play another class.
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side

Saiferus

note i have tried to play other classes and get the tells come bring saiferus the fact that my little cleric  is just begging to prove himself doesnt even come up

oh not that she reads this stuff but have to disagree with fizelle on kei while typing at home as myrran wants her kei back for al the little people she loves playing grrrr

oh and soul resist and wont work are 2 diff thing at least your spell has a shot of landing

tezron

Quoteto boot I'm sick of being nerfed we are the most screwed class there is we finally can solo so they nerf charm.

this statement confuses me. Finally solo? you've been could have been doing it from lvl 12.

how exactly is being number 2 or 3 on the looking for group pick list ( under clerics , shammies seem to be in about the same demand) the most screwed class.

other classes screwed by the charm nerf - necros and druids and mages

other classess screwed out of soloing by pop so far:

necros/sks/rangers who used to solo by fearkiting cant do that with mobs over lvl 55.
necro's/sks/rangers/wizards/druids who used to solo by agrokiting/quadkiting - some mobs made immune to speed changes. more and more mobs are summoning now.
necros get a cool message on some mobs ( this mob is immune to YOUR type of mezz)
mages pets cannot tank mobs past teir 2 for longer than 10-25 seconds. (25 seconds is if they happen to enrage) my pets last about 25 seconds on golums and spiders in valor. luckily i group with alot of mages at once and there are other pets to pick up the slack. add and chanter and some form of healer and the pets live indefinatly.

chanters get an AA that lets them get a pet with twice the hitpoints and hits 3 times harder than the BEST mage pet. that must really suck.

was charm even nerfed in this patch cuz if it was i missed it. they did nerf pop exp by 15% but increased GROUP exp by 60% for a full group.  for a net gain of 45% increase for a group of 5 or 6.  basically you need to kill half the mobs you were killing before in order to make the same exp.  but in case you didnt notice they dont want ANYONE soloing.

Quoteto make high end encounters harder for raids the make mobs immune to mezz charm slowing etc

people used charm by chanter to kill the avatar of war with 1/3 of the previous raid force they had before - higher level giants tagged as uncharmable.
charm used by chanter to solo woushi in wl- higher lvl giants again flagged as uncharmable.

the combination of mez and slow trivializes encounters. so instead of fighting 8 mobs at once your fighting 1 mob that's swinging 70% less while 7 of his buddies sit there twiddling thier thumbs.  basically replacing 7 tanks and 3  healers ( what would be needed to offtank those mobs) with one enchanter.

so lets look at a vindi fight. ( just an example) so after tash and cripple land you can still send a DC charmed giant pet and cast suffocate, asphixiate, and insanity on him for good dps.

caster mobs you can still drain thier mana. as well as debuff and nuke/dot them.

Quotewhen was the last time you hread of an tank who got a message you cant damage this mob in order to make this a high end encounter
hmmm emperor shaeararaaa ( or however ya spelll that thing)
how about mobs that ae slow sure sounds like a melee nerf to me.
how about everyone but the main tank when fighting solsek ro with his 2k -300 resist ae nuke. where basically everyone by the main tank stands as far away as possible and deals ranged damage. want to talk about feeling useless. ask a monk what its like to stand back and throw those little shiruken at a mob for a while.  

ok so after you tash and cripple this high end mob. that is slow immune  you can still strangle asphyxiate and insanity the mobs. helping the raid with more dps.

ask a mage what he does on a high fire/magic resist mob.

Quotethis patch is just another screwed nerf i have flags for 4 of the six you listed and got 1 aa
as for the weird aa bug thing maybe you should check with a gm. but it definalty doesnt look like a chanter nerf that thier giving away free aa and a charm. it looks like theres a bug with your char or you missed a preflag or something.

All in all while i agree that the chanters have seen some nerfs lately i dont see how they are "the most screwed class"

please enlighten me.
Tez
Tezron
Isteacia
Ignant

This message has been brought to you  by the letter Z and the number 42

Fizelle

Leg I wasn't refering to you I was talking to Souls. Saif and Souls pick on each other alot whenever they get into it I always start my post that way. It was a joke I know no one is actually picking on Saif.

Saif's frustration doesn't refer to this particualr patch. This patch is simply the one that broke the camels back.

We all know every class has been nerfed.
They give us all these neat things to do
Players figure out how they can use em to do things the devs never thought of
And rather then fix the one issue, encounter, etc. They nerf the ability so it no longer even does what the devs thought it should do.

Saif is complaining about how the enchanter class has eroded over the time he has been playing. He used to enjoy playing an enchanter. They have nerfed him down to where he no longer enjoys playing his enchanter. He wants to play a different class but people always lay a guilt trip on him to make him play his enchanter.

Finally solo nerf refers to the reward vs danger factor in soloing. Theoretically any class can solo. Some classes can solo for greater reward vs danger (druids mages) some classes cannot (warriors clerics). Charm (pre nerf) allowed a chanter to be somewhere between the two extreems.

Now lets all calm down. We're all crabby because we've all been nerfed to death. We get up dust ourselves off and try to figure out how to work with the nerf. We don't need to start an argument about who has been nerfed the most.

We all love each other and are very sympathetic when someone has become disenchanted with the character they've been playing for years due to nerfs.

Now for something completely different:

Be happy.

Quit Inspecting me