• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

jaggedpine

Started by Fizzgig, July 30, 2002, 05:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzgig

GENERAL INFO

Brell Tunnel

In the Brell tunnel is the portal to BB, Brell Gnolls which include a banker gnoll, n1117, p3475, which a the tunnel to the left of the main Brell area where the Oracle is and the large pool. There is also the Chef Brargus who sells fool and drink, Dunarl gnoll who sell blacksmithing supplies, Snarla the Fang quest gnoll, Quartarmaster Grarucks sells instruments and lanterns, Karka gnoll sells ceramic sketches.

Flames and gusts of wind turn into Dryads and were friendly with my druid Gloryb Travelsfar (whew)

HUNTING

poachers, dryads
I found a rather large poacher camp at n700 n1600 very near the river and the nasty mobs, potameids, fill the river, these are dark blue to 55 druid, blue and some light blues to my 60 druid. There are light blue gnolls, griffons and wisps to my 60 druid, with blue and light blue anacondras to my 60 druid. I would say this zone is for levels 35 to 60 with the bad stuff further out. There are dryads that are friendly to me and even evil races and light blue to level 60, and so very interesting. They start as a poofy flame then turn into a scantily clad female that poofs from place to place as a flame turned female.
wisps, black panthers, bears, wolves, griffawns, griffons
There are wisps that are light blue to level 60, black panters, wolves and bears. I was a tad leary about killing bears and would not kill a bear near the Fort. You get a faction hit agains the Jaggedpine folks if you kill the black panthers, wolves and bears. They have the same attitude about this as Surefall Glades does. Druids and rangers can kite in relative safety since the other animals do not attack, unless in wolf form, then treants do. However, remember this is all subject to change, and I complained about treants attacking us in wolf form geesh. Only thing you have to watch for is the griffawns, griffons and wandering poachers. The griffons are light blue to 60 and rarely drop a nice item. Griffawns are green to 55 and near the fort. I believe these are perfect for the mid levels. Animal fear and charm works on all but the wisps.

treants, anacondas, basilisks, Darkpaw gnolls
Found a wandering treant and now I see four treants on my tracking, not sure why they are here, and a rather enormous snake called an anacondra, blue to me. The gnolls are called Darkpaws and are mean. However, they seem to start out dubuious or apprehensive to some people and there is a banker and merchants in their cave system (per some adventurers), suggesting that people can chose their faction like the giants and coldains. Their cave is at p2165 p650 and deep inside are green basilisks and more of the huge snakes called anacondas. So, as far as I can tell, you have to get past the tons of dark blue nasty gnolls to get to more of the large snakes and basilisks. Animal fear and charm works on the Anacondas.

gnolls that have taken over the banker and merchants, basically the Fort which happens when a named gnoll is killed.
Named Gnoll
There is a named gnoll deep in the Darkpaw caves that is totally MR, hits like a prize fighter and is deadly. You should have a full group of 55 to 60 players including a cleric and tank. Keep the tank alive, have a wiz or druid for in zone evac. Make sure no one else aggros this meanie except the tank. Once the named is killed, the attack on the Fort starts and the real fun.
The curate gnoll can drop a "pine shaft pike" which I sold for 30pp to a merchant. Stats are 30delay, 12dmg, sec, primary or range slot, ac3 HP25, weights 4.5 and war, ranger, pal, shm, shd, rogue and bard can use.

potameids
The Potameids vary greatly by class. The wildings, guardians and protectors are melee class and do not see through invis, however, you can not snare, root or slow them. All the casters see through invis and resist magic for the most part. Near the poachers camp, in the river is an underwater cave loaded with these stinkers. No faction hits on these. The queen does summon and is in the cave underwater. They drop some nice items, quest no drop items and potameid parts used for baking.

Basilisk
Between the tunnel to the BB clicker globe and the tunnel to the Brell gnolls is a tunnel to Basilisks. You go into the tunnel from the Forest and follow the wall to the left, when you see the stone fence, you follow the outside right side of the fence to a set of caves at the back. These are full of basilisks, about level 30 to 35 and are not aggresive cept for a very few. These are green to my 55 druid so no idea what level they are. They do drop eggs, eye stalks.

FORAGED ITEMS

I foraged some items, there were no drops called Shadowjade Fern seeds, Jaggedpine Needles, Shadowjade Moss, Shadowjade Fern Leaves, Jaggedpine Sap, Dew of the Hatchling and common food items, berris, pod of water, rabbit meat, veggies. I was told that these were for quests involving baking. I need to get my faction up with the locals first so they will talk to me.

FACTION

I would highly recommend that you invis then zone into Jaggedpine, run up to the hill and con the citizens with invis off. You can fix your faction killing Darkpaw gnolls and poachers. Gnolls are dark blue to me at 55 and lightblue at 60, and poachers light blue to 55. You can ruin your faction with JP by killing panthers, wolves and bears. Dryads have their own faction, everyone starts out indifferent. Once you ruin dryad faction, I have not found a way to fix it.
Evil races can invis and go through Surefall Glades or use the Blackburrow globe (just click on it) in the bottom of Blackburrow, you will enter into a cavern with no problems, then just make all lefts till you are out in the open. You land in the Brell gnoll cavern.

There is a wonderful cave at p235 p2698 that is on Brell faction and seems that all races start out apprehensive. There are green gnolls that protect a blue Oracle (to level 60). Beautiful area, not sure what this is for. In this same cave to the right all the way at p155 p155 is the Blackburrow globe that your click on. In Blackburrow, the globe is at p235 p2698 by the water down low at the end of two ramps. The two ramps each have a door at the top and come down on either side of the globe. Below are listed some quests for fixing faction. You can get to ally with the Brell gnolls with about 20 or few more dryad or potameid pates.

delivering Jeremy's Letter
Jeremy Leafrunner asks you to deliver a letter to his grandmother, Elishia Leafrunner, in Felwithe. She is in the second Felwithe zone b in the casters guild.
factions raised for delivering the letter:

Keepers of the Art
King Tearis Thex
Faydarks Champions
lowered:
the dead

Elishia wants you to return with a letter for Jeremy.
factions raised:

Residents of Jaggedpine
Jaggedpine Treefolk
Protectors of Pine
Guards of Qeynos

QUESTS

Most of the quests your faction will need to be ally. You get this by killing the gnolls and poachers...however, poachers alone is not enough. Some quests can be done with amiably faction. The Brell gnolls are on different faction then the rest of the zone. Still exploring that faction and there are some nice quests in the Brell tunnel. Turn gnoll canines from the Darkpaws into the Sergeant at the Fort.
Some of the Jaggedpine quests involve foraging, some involve killing the gnolls who attack the fort. In order to turn in the "no rent" items looted off the gnoll who attack the Fort, you need to keep the guard alive. When all the other gnolls die, a named gnoll will spawn by that guard. Someone needs to be there to defend the guard and kill the named. Turning in the "no rent" items result in some nice no drop items. Each "no rent" piece has on it who can use what will result from turning it in. The "no rent" item should be given to the correct class to turn in and is noted on the item what class can use.

JP Armor Quests:
You have to be ally to do this. To find out the story of the Potameids and more info on the quests that Cheyloh Greenwood has for you, just ask her "who is Myraephe the Pure?" and "what ancient suit of leather?".

Cheyloh Greenwood tells you she will make druid and ranger armor...and I am not sure if it is Karana only or Tunare too. You tell her "I wish to acquire": (boots, sleeves, bracer, leggings, circlet). She will tell you to talk to some NPCs in Surefall for the rest of the quest armor, however, those NPCs do not seem to be around. She will tell you to obtain some items off Potameids in Hatchling River too. You need to find Jhaya Wyndrunner, Lerian Wyndrunner, in Surefall Glades. You will use the foraged no drop items for the armor quests.

Boots of the Pine ac 11, +2 dex, +5 sta, +5 svmagic recommended level 35 No diety restriction leather look

She states that the most powerful piece of armor, the Tunic of the Pines, is created by her father Nolan Greenwood. You ask Nolan "what trials?" and he will tell you what you need for the tunic.

JP weapon quest
Find Kaithys Galestrider and ask him these questions:
What great knowledge do you hold
What threat
What turmoil
What interest
How aiding a much greater threat
What report
What group
Why is it troubling
What are their philosophies
Why do they have no desire to leave their woods
Tell me what efforts have proven to be in vain
I will return the tome
What key materials
What horrible danger
How were the tides turned
Were you victoriouis
How were they aiding a much greater threat
Why would they have no desire to leave the woods?
What is the name of the blade?
Apparently this results in a weapon quest. However, be sure to ask all the questions, he has quite a story to tell with hints on what and where you need to find items.

Brell gnoll faction
You can improve your faction with the Oracle and Brell gnolls by making and giving Dryad or Potameid pate to the Snarla the Fang.

There is also a necklace quest you can do to improve the Brell faction. When you turn the pate in to the Oracle he gives you a bone, you give him the bone and get a pouch and the bone back. You combine the pouch 3 black panther fangs or 3 wolf fangs or 3 bear fangs with (from Jaggedpine panther which is bad JP faction killing them) 1 anaconda skin. Each of these combos make a necklace of that type. You turn one of each necklace in to the Oracle, all at one time. In return, you will get faction and an item, uncomfirmed, staff.
what the Oracle says:
I like necklaces, I wear necklaces made from every kind of beast. The power of the beast is contained within each necklace. The more necklaces I wear, the great my power! Bring me a Bear Fang Necklace, a Wolf Fang Necklace, and a Panther Fang Necklace. This will show your devotion to the temple. Then Perhaps I can do you a (favor).

Oracle quest
Once you have good enough faction with Brell, you can do a quest with the Oracle that results in a spear for Necros and Shadowknights only. There are several parts to this quest. The Oracle wants a (favor). He wants 1 Griffon Skull, 1 Griffon Down, 1 Diseased Bear Liver and 1 Treant Finger. The Griffon skull and down is are no drop items off the griffons in Jaggedpine. The treant finger is no drop off treants, and the liver quest is the "Nash Head Quest". If you do this quest, you will have a huge drop in Jaggedpine faction.

Snarla the Fang
Ask her "How do I respect the Temple" then "what food" and finally "what Dryad Pate?". Here she sends you to Braguss the cook for the recipe.

Nash head quest
Nash is a very MR guard in Qeynos Hills. If you kill him, you will get his head which you then turn into Jarkus who then walks over to Randel Stormwind, the man with the bear at the Jaggedpine Fort. You wait for the bear to leave that spot and follow to another where he is fed a liver by the NPC and turns into a "defiled bear", which you then kill and loot the diseased liver. This is what you turn into the Oracle for his quest. See the Oracle quests.

pirate head quest
You can gain faction with Jaggedpine by giving the 4 heads of the named pirates, Elishia Blackguard, Reynold Blackguard, Vaurien Sticklebush, Zed Sticklebush to Randel Stormwind, the man with the bear, at the Fort. He will talk to you at even apprehensive. In return , besides the faction, you receive:
Sigil Ring of Jaggedpine
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
Magic Resist: +5 Fire Resist: +5 Cold Resist: +5 HP: +25 Mana: +25
Classes: All Classes
Races: All Races
Inventory Slot: Finger

Qeynos Badge of Nobility
First, you have to be ALLY before you can do this quest. Talk to Sergeant Caelin, ask him "what shift report" this is where he sends you to talk to Guard Finewine. Sergeant Caelin also wants Shift Report from Guard Finewine. Guard Finewine wants some dryad or potameid pate first before he will part with the report (recipe below). Finewine then says he wants panther pate and will give you a no drop brandy for the dryad/potameid pate.

The brandy is for the recipe below. You get the shift report in return which you give to Sergeant Caelin and he will give you a Book of Reports. Give Book of Reports to Captain Tillian in South Qeynos, on second floor of arena, he will give you a set of Orders. Give the Orders to Sergeant Caelin in Jaggedpine. He will give you a Writ of Execution and a container. Kill Barducks Darkpaw the named gnoll in gnoll caves, he will drop a head. Combine the Writ of Execution and Barducks Darpaw's head in to the container.

Give the container and your Marked Qeynos Badge of Honor to Sergeant Caelin for your Qeynos Badge of Nobility. Seargeant Caelin along with your Qeynos Badge of Honor and get this in return
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
AC: +6 Str: +6 Agi: +6 Wis: +6 Int: +6 HP: +40 Mana: +40
Classes: All Classes
Races: All Races
Inventory Slot: Neck

oh I didn't write this I copied it over :)btw this was the edit hehe

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

variagruss

Hehe, copied? And I was thinking you hit level 55 already ;)
Thank you for great info Fizz :)

Variagaruss