• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

The Banishing of Mayong and the forging of Lillth the life drinker (an epic by nyte)

Started by Nytehunter, December 04, 2003, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nytehunter

Through the swirling clouds of the endless magical gloom that covered the skys over Mistmoor  a peal of lightning struck a tower of the mighty castle Mistmoor . . .   The master was obviously at some evil purpose. . . .    

High in the tower Mayong. . .  father of vampires  the first one  and the most powerfull of all vampires in all the realms  was working  delving into the darkest secrets of the ancient combine weaponsmiths  . . . . .   Hunched over a tome of arcane knowledge  he mumbled allowed. . . . .  "To embue a weapon with the lifeforce of its own  that lifeforce must come from an actual living being. . .    this makes the weapon sentient  and powerfull . . .  the only way to wield such weapons  is either by establishing a rapport or by engaging in a battle of wills   leading in the domination of the weapon or the ruination of the attempted wielder. . . . . hmm. . .  a  sacrafice . . ..   hmmmm . . " the evil lord of mistmoor mused to himself. . .     He had seen through his scrying  a change comming to the land . .   heros  were  growing among the mortals  heros that would  disrupt his plans and keep him from his goal of  turning the mortals into the cattle that they surely are. . .     He knew that to give the weapon the power he needed  it had to be an immortal whom soul he would embue into the artifice . . .     His face hardened  . . he knew who he must choose. . .    "Lillith  . . .my first born . .  she who has always worked agaisnt me  . . from WITHIN my own house!! . . . taking that  . . common spawn   nythantalus as her companion  . . giving him  the power  id so preciously bestowed upon her alone  of all my children . .   . .  and  they plot against me even now I bet they are out  protecting some of their precoius mortals. .  only to come back to the protection of my roof  at dawn. . . .      I have suffered them long enough . . . . "  he glanced at a candle  on a nearby workbench . . .  "Its nearly dawn now . . .  I bet their are already tucked away in their coffins.. . ."     and  thus   Mayong went swiftly  to the graveyard  and  drew forth  minions from the graves to carry  his own daughters coffin to the tower. . . .    "That one  nail shut with silver nails and place  the symbol of mithanel marr  upon it  once i have left . . " he said  to his ghoulish minions pointing to the coffin  Nythantalus rested in. . . .    

What he did not know  is that Nythantalus was not yet rested . .  for he had had business  at near dawn  with  a party of dark elves that were waylaying a group of travelers  to steamfront mountains. . . .    when he returned to the grounds of castle Mistmoor   and found the coffin of his lover missing  he  became cautionous . .  only the lord  of mistmoor would have the power to order the minions to move a sacred resting place. . .   what did this mean?   . . .. .   Nythantalus  once a famed thief and assasin  slipped into the shadow  and using  the power  his love had given him  veiled himself  from  Mayong's powerfull magical sences. . . .    He searched the  castle   staring deep in the bowels   wondering at the purpose for  taking his daughters coffin  . .     eventually   his search lead him to  the tower. . .   he  felt a weakness begin to overtake him . ..  dawn would soon come . . .and though he was powerfull having been made from one of the oldest   he was not   the oldest  Mayong  was and he was up in that tower  .. . .     Nythantalus  slipped out the nearby  window  and  climbed the side of the tower. .  finding the window to Mayong's Lab. . .    There he watched in horror  as he saw his beloved  in stasis  her body being drained of the precious blood that was the source of her  life now. . . . .   the blood was gone from her body  he had come to late. . . .  Merciful Death  what has he done?   Nythantalus was lost in grief and rage he roared through the window seeking to avenge the greatest love he had ever had  in  the 400 years of his existance  he launched himself at Mayongs neck hands wrapped around  his throat. . .    it was no use   Mayong easly broke free and  then held him  . .   with a mere word of power  Nythantalus was frozen unable to move  . .  .    "You are too late  Fool. . .    My fool of a daughter may have giving you the power of ages  but  you cannot dare to imagine the power that resides in me. . .   . . Your love . . .My daughter . .   is no more . . .     She has sacraficed herself  to further the glory Of Mistmoor!!  Behold !!! THe most powerfull weapon  ever created . .   Lillith  The Life Drinker . . .    on an alter  in the  basin  that had collected  Lillths blood  was a dagger. . . made from pure shadow . .  crafted no doubt  in the mysterious  doings  Mayong had of late  had with the Goddess Luclin . . ..     it was dark   darker then  the depths of a cave . .    so dark it seemed to abosorb the light around it . . .   . . . Nythantalus wept . . .  not just for the loss of  his love  . . his  every waking  joy . . but also for the world. . .   for surely  such a weapon in Mayongs maniacal hands was doom for the world of men. . . .       But then something happened. . . .   There was a part in the everflowing gloom that surrounded Mistmoor and a godray of spring . . a single ray of pure  green lush radiant light  pierced the window   . . .Nythantalus felt the mystical bonds holding him break   and  Moved for the dagger. . .    Leaping  and  grabbing it before the  stunned Mayong could react  he turned and struck it right into Mayongs cold dark evil heart. . . .    Mayongs  Eyes began to glow the unholy blue  of a vampire calling upon his powers. . .   "Fool!!"said Mayong in an unearthly voice "You cannot kill me . . .  I am beyond death  even  the normal Death of an immortal . .. "    but  looking behind Mayong. .Nythantalas saw the shimmer of  what could only be a portal . . .     not knowing where it led  Not carring   he  shoved with all his might   pulling Lillth from the monsters heart  . . Mayong  fell back into the shimmering   a look of shock and horror on his face as he realised he was being translocated. . .      Nythantalus  fell to his knees  and wept . . . tears of blood   flooded down his face    he wept for his previous life .. . . for his many  centuries of joy with his love lillth  . . and  for the loss  both  ment   . . .. . . . .   behind him he heard  a soft  chirp  of a blue jay ..  a sound he had not heard in  nearly 400 years. . .  he turned around. . . .. .  and beheld  Tunare  in her grand splendur. .

"Do not weap Hero . . .  For all is not lost to you . . . .   The gods feared  Mayong . . he was to ambitious   he would have challenged us  in the end. . . and might well have succeeded .. .  You have helped us banish him  .. .  for how long . ..   is uncertain . .  .  but it will take some time for him to find a way out of  his predicament. . ..    As for you Hero. . .  do not dispair . . all is not lost. . . .  For aiding We shall grant you 2 gifts. . .   Look now on your love. . . "  And with that Nythantalus looked over at the bloodless corpse of Lillith with grief . . . but  it was not a corpse. . .   mearly a body without blood. . . how?   The goddess spoke again "We will take your beloved into our care . . this is a great thing for us to do for one of your kind. . ..  Vampires are Ancient Evil   far more terrible then even the worst nightmares of necromancers.  We will take your Lillith and  hold her  body  until  if such a thing is possible  you  can find a way to restore her soul to its rightfull place . . . .   until such time  Do not dispair she is with you . . for   the weapon that would have been Mayongs joy  is ultimately  his folly . . . Lillth Speak now  that all may hear. . .  

From the dagger in Nythantalus' hand  he heard the voice of his love. . . "weap not my love  for now I am always with you   always in your gentle tender hands   and  still beside you to aid  in the undoing of all my father  worked for. . .    We will go on forever Protecting the mortals and all the good things of norrath. . . I love you  my Night Hunter. . . i love you with all my heart. . . . . "  Nythantalus felt his hand  grow warm around the hilt of the blade  and his heart did lift. . .. . .  "Night hunter?" he said to himself . . and looking  up at Tunare first in awe then with a look of conviction he said. . . "From this day on I will be Nythantalus the assasin no longer . . .   I will Be Nytehunter SHadowstealth Keeper of the Night  . . .."    Tunare smiled down on him a  terse smile for she still dispised the abomination of the nature of his existance  but a smile . . . .  "Hold hero  not just of the night  for I spoke of two gifts . . . .  From this day on  and for so long as you  serve to aid my Children and all the living good things of norrath   you shall be a Dawnstrider. . .   Sunlight will harm you no more . .. .    it will still make you weak    but  its rays will no longer burn your flesh  . . . .  that you might protect those of the day   with the same furver  that you do the night. . . but be wary  for  your vampire powers will be far less  during the day   trust not to them . .. .   and now . . i have deallings with the goddess Luclin. . . .   May the Light love Growth always shine behind you  Nytehunter Shadowstealth  Wielder and Lover  of Lillith The Life Drinker.

Ok   its to short  its very rough   and  it needs  more MORE MORE MORE   but  its a start    hit me with what ya think peoples. . .  its  me history  yer talkin a bout here  so  be kind   =)

Never fear, Nytehunter is here!

Nytehunter

Right rough  whew     lots of errors  gramatic and spelling in that one  and to many for me to edit   but I had to get it down because I had finally gotten it all worked out in my head.   Proper grammer   proper spelling   fill it out with a few dozen more paragraphs and hell that would be a pretty good story  or at least I think so  

Any thoughts?

Never fear, Nytehunter is here!

Lohagen Elamadri

Hunter Lohagen Elamadri

65 Forest Pervert
Grandmaster Fletcher (249)
Official Gnome Vs Gnome fight promoter

Xtens