• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Ok who going to be on EQ2

Started by Saiferus, November 01, 2004, 05:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saiferus

I finially broken down and preordered EQ2 and was wondering who was going to play maybe start up a new guild from the get go and stuff. maybe organize a server for us

Yampus

I'm still debating on it :) EQ has really begun to stagnate for me. I'm not sure if I'll just return to RL or try a new game :)
Yampus Bonechaser
Lvl 14 Mage Summoner lvl 8 Artisan
"He who controls the Bugs controls....... well, bugs."

Dwammer

RL sucks. I've played it before but I gave it up when I found out that if you die once, you lose EVERYTHING on your character. The only good thing is that if you complete the 'Will' quest, all your loot at least goes to your friends and family.

Airelyn

I'll be there, but probably not until a few weeks after release.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Zorvic

Kazaba

I'm going to be playing EQ2.  If there's a server that starts with "k"  (for Keepers) we should choose it, if not the first one that follows in alpha order.

BTW do you guys plan to be a goody 2 shoes Qeynosian or a mean and nasty Freeportite?  I plan to reside in Qeynos, mostly because the Statue of Queen Antonia gave a mighty cool speech the other day that finally convinced me that Heather Grahm was a pretty competant Queen after all.

Airelyn

Qeynos here... ok sounds like a plan.

If they have Saryrn we go there... if not...
First server that starts with a "K"... if not...
Server that starts with an "O"... if not...
Server that starts with an "F"... if not...
Just guess :)
Airelyn Divine

Yampus

Does this mean I have to be a gimpy Ranger again? No Necros in the Big Q?  :eek:
Yampus Bonechaser
Lvl 14 Mage Summoner lvl 8 Artisan
"He who controls the Bugs controls....... well, bugs."

Aiola

I will be on it as will Ginga, we pick up our copies on the 12th Nov ... close now :) I agree if ther is a Saryrn we go there first, then K :P

I want to be residing in the pretty area, not the slums ... so Qyenos i believe will be my habitat

And of course i will make sure i get Aiola (at least i hope to)

Dwammer

Since it would make getting a whole guild together at one time, not to mention get them all to come play the new game, I assumed they would just use the same server names. However, since the names are mostly gods, I guess they don't want to do that since the gods are 'gone'.

I think not announcing server names in advance is really annoying though. People will spend the first few days server hopping so they can meet up with players they know and some will go to different servers. Splitting time on servers sucks.

Kazaba

In Qeynos there's no SK's, Brawlers, Brigands, Asassins, Necromancers, or Coercers.  Also Yamp rangers are much different in EQ2 then EQ 1.  Hell you can be a gnome ranger if you want to combine Kane and Yamp.

Also, Dark Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Iksar, and Ratonga have to start in Freeport, but can betray Freeport.  (They have to do this between level 15 and 17, having friends in Qeynos will help a lot, or at least I'm lead to believe so.)
So if you start one of these races we won't see a lot of you for the first week or so, but that's really not that long all things considered.

So the plan is officially if there is A Saryrynn (I hope not I'm sick of mispelling it!) we go there, otherwise we go to the first server that starts with a "K" then the first server that starts with an "O" and lastly the first server that starts with an "F" if there are none of these, pick a server at random and then post it here.  Everyone agree?

If it hasn't changed form the last days of Beta, to start a guild we'll need 6 Qeynos citizens and 60 silver.  BTW 60 silver is a lot more then you think it is.  Coin does not drop from mobs and 1 platinum = 100 Gold, 1 Gold = 100 Silver and 1 silver = 100 Copper in EQ 2.  I never had more then one gold to my name, and I made it to level 20 before they shut the beta servers down today.

Dwammer

Server names were announced, apparently. Here you go:

Antonia Bayle
Befallen
Blackburrow
Crushbone
Guk
Mistmoore
Najena
Permafrost
Runnyeye
Storms (French)
Unrest
Valor (German)

Kazaba

I don't think that's the full list.  I think they were fiddeling around with the new website and forgot to remove access.  I say this because they mentioned "dozens" of servers in the e-mail they sent out at the end of beta, and the link to this list went dead shortly after a few news sites posted it.  

Personally if this is not the full list I think we should avoid the listed servers since I'm betting loads of guilds/organizations are deciding that they are going to be on one of these servers and they will be packed at launch.

If they keep up with the EQ1 zone names theme these are the potential "K" zones -

Kaladim
Kael Drakell
Kaesora
Karnor's Keep
Katta Castelleum
Kedge Keep
Kerra Island
Kithicor's Forrest
Kurn's Tower
Kerafrym's Lair
Plane of Knowledge
Kod'Taz

With the exception of the European servers the list that appeared were all original EQ dungeon zones, so Kedge Keep seems the most likely "K" server.

chingerz

probably time for me to do some work on the forums to support this new game, eh?

Airelyn

Well whoever gets EQ2 installed and running first, pick a server and post it here and we can all check here before we load it up for the first time :)

I agree with Kaz... if they do have more servers then the ones being announced now, lets take one that hasn't been announced just for pure overcrowding reasons.
Airelyn Divine