• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

KoF in World of Warcraft

Started by Soulstar, November 19, 2004, 08:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulstar

So WoW comes out Tuesday.  I'll be playing on Tuesday, who else?  I was in the open beta and I must say that it is an excellent game.  I have not decided whether I want to play on a PvP or non-PvP server yet, but I am sure I'm going to make a Troll rogue (regardless of your server, horde and alliance characters cannot communicate or otherwise associate with each other)

Anyways, post here if you're gonna play.
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Zorvic

Artorious and I will be playing.  There are several friends from work that will be playing as well.  During beta, we were on a PvP server.  If I had to guess, we will probably choose a PvP server again.  As far as I know, the server list for launch has not been published yet, but we will probably be playing on one of the central time servers...just depends.

I will probably be scarce until later in the week.  I am closing on my house tomorrow and have the joys of moving to deal with before Thanksgiving.  Assuming that BellSouth actually connects my service by Friday, then I will be on a lot over the coming weekend.

I will be playing a Troll Hunter.  (Yes, I want to be like Lohagen.)  Art and the others are all playing Horde characters of some kind as well.

Kamok

I will be playing on a PST PvP server with some Work and RL friends.

I will be a Dwarf Priest and will be looking for you Soul if you are Horde.

Anybody else planning on playing?
-Kamok- 62Monk
-Kamua- 65 Shaman
-Rizzy- 53 Cleric

Soulstar

actually change of plans: I found out about half a dozen RL friends of mine will be playing alliance-side PvP on central time and I am gonna bunk up with them.  You guys are welcome to join up with us but you'll have to play alliance I'm afraid  :(
Soulstar Loneshadow

Soulstar

update: we're on the Illidan server
Soulstar Loneshadow

Zorvic

I have been without internet since last Wednesday due to moving.  BellSouth delayed activating my phone line until today.  I should receive the DSL modem by mid-week...then, I will finally be playing.

My co-workers and friends are on the Sargeras server (Central PvP).  So, I will most likely play there as well.  If it things fall through for some reason, I will move over to your server...but I will have to kill you.  There is no way I am playing for the "good" guys.  :D

Leiyah

QuoteI will move over to your server...but I will have to kill you. There is no way I am playing for the "good" guys.
LOL.  That's awesome.

Fizzgig

would you believe that after harassing my local eb for 2 years to get eq game cards they got wow ones...when I said well where's the eq ones they told me more people play wow....I'm impressed seeing it's been out a week.

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Zorvic

Quote from: Fizzgigwould you believe that after harassing my local eb for 2 years to get eq game cards they got wow ones...when I said well where's the eq ones they told me more people play wow....I'm impressed seeing it's been out a week.
I am not sure how large the player base is currently.   However, over 500,000 people played during the beta and they supposedly sold over 240,000 copies on opening day.  It is a pretty cool game.  I am still just getting started since DSL won't be installed until Wednesday of next week.   Until then, I must endure the pains of dial-up.  /cringe

I will be the first to admit that the graphics are inferior to those of EQ2, but I don't consider the graphics of the game to be my primary factor in choosing one over the other.  (After all, we did all play EQ1 with stick-figure characters for a while.)  There is an enormous amount of content and I really like the interface as well as the gaming atmosphere...especially on a PvP server.

I seriously considered giving EQ2 a try, but I just can't bring myself to do it after the battle with myself over quitting EQ1.  Anyway, glad to see that "The Keepers" is alive and well.

Soulstar

I'm having a blast in WoW, it's the most fun I've ever had playing a game.  My rogue is up to 32 and kickin' some serious butt.
Soulstar Loneshadow

chingerz

i am an undead priest, and my gear is ghetto.

Soulstar

You should come play with me if it's not too late ching.
Soulstar Loneshadow