• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Dont know which way to head

Started by bayal2, December 13, 2004, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayal2

Yes I am confused wether to go WOW or EQ2 I own both I hear the exp on WOW is better for a person who cant play as much as they used to .But my FAV
has been eq for along time wife will only let me play one . which one I stuffed If I know PLZ help me friends  :confused:
Put another nun on the fire  :p

Kazaba

There's lots to do in EQ2 if you can only log in for a short time.  Sure you probably won't make level 50 anytime soon, but that's really not bad as long as you have fun.  A lot of times i'll pop on for an hour when i'm taking a break for lunch and tradeskill, forage, expore, or solo something for a quest and feel like I really acomplished something and had fun.  

This will be absolutely no help though because I've heard that the exact same thing is true of WOW :)

Saiferus

it easy you want to play with a gimp ex lizard or kazaba the pally of coolness hehehehehehe

bayal2

guys this isnt making it any easier  LOL
Put another nun on the fire  :p

Saiferus

well lets try this at least us eq2 people are replying to you that tell you something (aka your still in our thoughts)

Douval

GET YOUR ARSE ON EQ2 NOW.

see you on line soon mate :)

Vezza

Hi Guys.

Thought i would drop i line on the subject.....

To give you an indication, i paid to move Vezza across to Tribunal, two weeks later Sigarnak gets me a copy of WOW and says try it for free for the first month.

Well suffice to say since that time i have logged into EQ once for about 30 min which was meant to be a raid night, to discover that the rank have dwindled even on tribunal to a stage where they where struggling to get 20 people on for a raid night... partially due to holiday season, some too EQ2 and then also WOW.

** i went ld and didnt bother logging back on **

As for WOW.. the game is very easy to play, but down side to that is you get a lot of Kids... sorry if i offend anyone with that.

Also it has specific servers allocated to geographic location so you get to play with others in your time zone..

AND the game is very soloable, shared quests meaning you can share a quest with someone, named mobs drop quest items for all party members, so no fighting or bitching about loot, random 100 is automatic and the winner gets the item placed in their inventory, you can set loot to NBG so only people who could use would get a change to roll etc... quests management system SHitZ all over eq's as it actually has a quest register that you can review which quests are outstanding and where you need to go etc... spawns are extremely quick so no fighting over camps etc.. it is an open policy no camps fist person or group to damage a mob gets the kill regardless of how much damage how high a level you are etc.. so GEEZ that saves alot of bitching in game, because you can share quests you find people duo alot to get harder quests done or to do dungeons ( all instanced for you individually or your group )

Trade skills actually is worth doing and are relevant to the game, yes trade skills needed to certain quests, but nothing that you cant get a friend to do for you, no drop items can actually be sold to vendors so you dont go throwing away items as you did in EQ.

Trading in WOW is done through and auction house, namely you place you items in and hit auction and people bid on the items you do not have to be on at all when you log back you check your mail and it tells you what sold what was bid on how long it has to go for auction to conclude etc.... it is an awesome system...

Deaths management is great when you die you are a ghost and run through unhindered anywhere, and instead of XP hits your armour takes durability hits so if you keep dieng your armour gets damaged and you have to repair and it can be expensive.. so death is not about loss of time is about the CASH!!! lol hit them where it hurts.. but in general a good system.

Travel using griffins boats etc.... is great  ( no porting in the game as all ) warlock can summon you tho from anywhere in the world to them, but needs the group to assist by helping open the gate namely you imput mana intt the gate to get the person summoned.

GUILD management is also excellent, as GL you allocate rank to people in the Guild.. GENERAL / VETERAN / Officer etc etc... which is visible in your specs its really cool.

ANd it goes on and on and on and on... the game is definately worth a look, especially when the first month is free, you dont have to pay for updated they release in the future... hard to say no to that.

Me and Sigarnak are on the Uther server on Pacific timezone if anybody does decide they wanna try WOW..

Look for:
Name : Siko
Class: Hunter
Race: Dwarf ( rofl they use guns instead of bows )
Level: 27

Hope to see some of you guys sometime on WOW as i dont think i will be going back to EQ something i never thought i would say after the time invested in Vezza over 2-3 year period, but once i got onto WOW i cant see myself going back.

Would love for some of us to hook up on WOW as class mix helps but isnt mandatory so anyone can group effectively, and not spend hours trying to find a slower or a cleric or a tank or a wiz etc... you can just go and have fun and play AND be challenged...

Regards

Tank formerly known as Vezza
Veteran
Vezza SoreGash

Fizzgig

eq2 has a quest journal that orginises your quests into seperate catagories so you know where you got the quest ect.  Tradeskills can make items better than those you can buy or quest and is so intensive it's possible to just do tradeskills and level that way.  There's a lotto system available for loot where you can choose to enter the lotto and have item automatically put in the winners inventory.  You have an overflow spot in your inventory so if your armor gets so damaged it falls off it doesn't land on the ground.  you get both xp debt and armor damage when you die.  it's possible to solo but groups are easy to get.  You have 20 levels do finalise your decision on exactly which class you want to play.  All the idiot teens went to WoW which means your playing with the big boys :)  You can see at a glance how many mobs your going to be pulling, whether they are KoS and once a mob greys out even the KoS ones won't attack without you smacking them first.  Once you engage a mob the encounter is locked so there is no chance of anyone trying to ks except the guards if your silly enough to pull that close to them.  You can't invite folks to your group once engaged either and movement enhancing spells don't work while you have agro so there's no kiting a named waiting for more people to show up.

I still like eq though :)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Soulstar

I really havn't had any problems with the maturity of the WoW community, its certainly no worse than EQ1 ever was.

BTW, rogue is up to 44  :D   I play way too much!
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Zorvic

For the most part, I agree that I haven't really had any trouble with the maturity level of other players.  It also greatly depends upon the times that you play.  For example, late afternoon/early evening can be pretty bad with all the kids just getting home from school.  But, there will be a certain amount of those types in any game that you play.

Hunter is up to 29.  Holidays and work are slowing me down from leveling...contested zones on a PvP server are starting to make things more interesting as well.

Still having a blast tho.

Fizzgig

eq2 has no pvp atm so if you want pvp go to WoW :)

I'm peaved the pally's and sk's get a cheep horse at lvl 20 as their 'fun' spell..mine just makes people bow  :(

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Superfly

I started WoW 2 days ago... have a level 12 warrior named Axeroth and a level 5 wizard named Copernicus on the Agammar server. I've enjoyed it a lot, especially the fact that if you don't log on for a while, you get exp bonuses while you're camped in town.

The artwork is incredible, and there are very few actual zonelines. It runs a few thousand times better than EQ ever did.

I don't know much about EQ2 except that it was down all weekend, which turned their developers turned into apologetic little bitches because they have competition now. Before, with EQ, they could treat us like crap because there was no viable competition. Now, Smedley is on his knees, which is somewhat amusing.

It comes down to the fact that I am unwilling to go with Sony in the long run again. My server on WoW is relatively young, so I have seen few fanbois out there. I did run into Variagruss though, which was cool.

Hope everyone is well!
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Douval

fly boy I thought you'd died or something glad to see your still kicking.

maybe we need a WoW board too lol especially since chings playing WoW

Soulstar

You and Vari too should both come over to Illidan!  Plenty of room in our guild.
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Zaxboan

Crushridge 25 Doorf hunter.... very popular race/class... It's my old ranger with a pet, how could I go wrong?

I gave up hope on getting a system that could run EQ2 and enjoy it. So I tried WoW and so far, I love it. I've only had a taste of the PvP, and it looks pretty good.

Glad to hear the folks on EQ2 are having fun, I hope the competition brings out something other than gas from SoE.

Merry Christmas to all!