• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Epic Thanks

Started by Mythavatar, October 15, 2003, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythavatar

Would just like to say a 'huge' thankyou to everyone who came to help me kill Phinny last night and on the many previous occasions. After many, many kills he was finally persuaded to give me my missing staff. Gratz to:
Me on Blue Crystal Staff (final Epic nugget)
Jazpher on Robe of the Kedge (Epic nugget) -- seen 6 of these drop while waiting for my piece.
Angelrain on Kedge Crystals (final Epic nugget)
Tulain on Kedge Crystals (Epic nugget)
Ermac, from Frozen Spirits, on Fusibility Orb (nice shoulder item)

Also gratz to Lory, who although was not online for this kill (which didn't drop the backbone) I think managed to get Phinny the very next time he spawed when he just happened to have her final Epic nugget. (The loot a mob carries is determined when they spawn, not when they die.)

A big commiseration to Dalidan, a 64 paladin, who sat guarding the ledge with me for 2 and a half hours last night while we tried to recruit people. He was after the finger bones from Phinny's alcove as the final piece for a 44 quest spell but died during the battle. He was the only rezzer we could muster, by the time he got back to camp and rezzed he had to leave empty-handed. N.B. He left his guild that same day because they wouldn't help him with this quest, he was asking lots of questions about us and how helpful we are to each other -- he has lots of high-level characters and raids US times, ahem.

Thanks to Pinja and friends from Company of Wolves, and those who came from Fozen Spirits. I think at the end there were 3 or 4 full groups, there needed to be as on the last pull the whole pit came with Phinny. Even so only one person died.

A special thanks goes out to Nizelar -- who pointed out last night he was the only one present at everyone of my Epic fights that produced fruit. Now if only I had known that at the beginning it would have saved me a lot of trouble when planning my campaigns, heh.

Now all that remains for me to do to complete my Epic is to follow my own advice and repeatedly do the beginning of the Shaman Epic to raise my faction high enough to do hand-ins. (At some point over the last couple of years Verant saw fit to reset my True-Spirit faction back to its starting value of apprehensive -- but as we all know I am not the only wizard in the guild who has had this problem in the last week or two.)

Once again -- big thanks everyone.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." JRR Tolkien

65 Sage Wizards:
Mythavatar , Saryrn
Mythrill, Antonius Bayle

Laiynla

LOL  let me  know  i  can help you with the shammy  part  8)

GRRRATZ  HUN  :D
"I drank what?"  ** Socrates**

Kaneril Knightwing

Congrats! They may not be as good as some of the items that drop nowadays but there is still a huge sense of accomplishment when you finish your epic :)
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

tenienu

WOOOOOOT! Grats Myth!

One night I dont log in and you were looking for peeps to help :( .

Grats to everyone else who got some loot too!

Tenienu

Tunarean Druid of the 63rd Season
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me! - Oscar Wilde

My Stuff

Karlah