• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Addicted to EQ?

Started by Leiyah, December 05, 2003, 12:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are You An Addict?

OMG I'm an addict!!
8 (33.3%)
I'm not an addict, I can stop anyday! (Denial)
6 (25%)
Didn't read this because I'm doing combines atm (Denial)
2 (8.3%)
Hell No.. it's just a game (Denial)
2 (8.3%)
No comment (Denial)
4 (16.7%)
Pie! (No comment)
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Leiyah

EverQuest addicts?

Are there people addicted to the game of EverQuest? Behavior on that Monday demonstrates that there are a few. How many desired to be the first in the strange new lands? How many spent the whole weekend playing exhaustively until their characters were level 51 and beyond, to enjoy the benefits of new found freedoms? How many wanted to be the first Iksar shaman with SOW or to be the first to complete a Kunark fetch-it quest? As a result of what happened on April 24th, I challenge all EverQuest players to take a few minutes and answer yes or no to each of the following questions. Be honest! (Note: this is a modified addiction test and not a true test of addiction; if you do think that you are an addict to the game of EverQuest, please contact your local mental health provider and follow their instructions closely—after they stop laughing).

1. I play EverQuest because it is a fun game and a great way to meet people.
2. I play EverQuest when I am depressed because it cheers me up.
3. I play EverQuest because I am fascinated by the number of ways I can die despite my attempts to stop dying.
4. I play EverQuest because I can legally kill things.
When my character dies, I view this as a death in the family.
5. I blame all my deaths on the group with whom I am fighting.
My group blames all their deaths on me.
6. I have played EverQuest for more than eight hours a day, for more than three days.
7. I have played EverQuest for more than twelve hours a day, for more than four days.
8. I only stop playing EverQuest to research a quest item.
9. I bought a second computer so I can research a quest item without having to stop playing EverQuest.
10. I play EverQuest before I go to work or when I first wake up in the morning.
11. I justify my early morning use by stating that there are fewer people on the server competing for monster spawn.
12. I have missed family obligations because I was playing EverQuest.
13. I have lost family faction because of EverQuest.
14. I have forgotten that I have a family.
15. I think that my guild is my family.
16. I have tried to convince my [circle one or more] partner / best friend / sibling to play EverQuest with me.
17. I con all non-EverQuest playing people as blue "dubious."
18. I check all EverQuest forums at work.
19. I was unaware that April 23 was Easter until someone said in /ooc something about hunting rabbits.
20. I assumed that this rabbit was a rare spawn.
21. I took April 24 and April 25 off from work in 2000 in order to be the first in Kunark.
22. I do not go to work anymore because my boss cons red and is "scowling at me, ready to attack."
23. I seldom leave my house because I am playing EverQuest.
If I do leave my house, I feel anxious because I am thinking about spawn times.
24. At a party, I will turn on the person's computer to see if they have EverQuest.
25. I do not go to parties or social events unless there is a computer with EverQuest.
26. I do not leave my house—period.
27. I play EverQuest in the dark because it takes too much time to stand up and turn on the light.
28. I play EverQuest in the dark because I am unaware that the light bulb burned out.
29. I play EverQuest in the dark because I do not care that the light bulb burned out.
30. I have denied my use of EverQuest when confronted.
31. People have questioned me about drug and alcohol use because I have woken up red-eyed and groggy after a long night of EverQuest.
32. When people question the amount of time I play EverQuest, I tell them I have a 52 level wizard who will duel them if they continue to harass me.
33. I have gotten a second phone line so I can call the pizza place while waiting for a spawn.
34. The pizza place inquires about the next spawn time in order to ensure that I will answer the door and pay them.
35. I sometimes wish that I could find more time to play EverQuest.
36. I sometimes wonder what I did before EverQuest.
37. I think that I can control my EverQuest game time after I reach level 60.

If you answer YES to 0-7 of these - answer "No Comment..."
If you answer YES to 8-14 of these - answer "Hell No..."
If you answer YES to 15-22 of these - answer "Did not read..."
If you answer YES to 23-30 of these - answer "I am not an... "
If you answer YES to 31 or more of these - answer "OMG..."