• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Today

Started by Superfly, September 07, 2003, 04:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

Today is NFL Kickoff weekend. Do not play Everquest. Do not play SWG. Do not turn on your computers. Go downstairs, watch football, and don't be facists. That is all.

Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Radx

buh buh maybe i don;t wanna watch football lol.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

Leiyah

BAH!!!  NCAA > Pro BIG TIME.  /cheer Big Ten.

However, I think I might try and catch some of Minnessota and Green Bay.

Superfly

For those of you who missed it, my Vikings bitch slapped Brett Favre all day long, intercepting 4 of his passes in the hallowed Lambeau Field. Now that's a good way to break in a new stadium.

Radx doesn't have to watch football. I doubt Mindy would let him anyway.

Everyone who played EQ today instead of watching football is evil. Everyone who played EQ while watching football is crafty. Everyone who watched EQ while playing football is f*cked up.
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Leiyah

LOL.  GO PACKERS!  /sob.  I was going for packers today because so many wanted vikings.  lol.  And - your meaningless joy over Brett getting slapped around, well -- he's the only one with more concussions under his belt than Young so it's obvious he gets slapped around alot.

Legolyn

I'd just like to add that even though my Broncos' new QB throws passes about as well as I do they still whipped up on the worst franchise ever.

That is all.
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side

Leiyah

You're kidding me!  Denver won or did they play Cincinnati (which can not be counted as a win much less a game)?

/duck

/grin

Radx

i was a nice guy i watched it while Street Fighter Alpha 2 the animated movie downloaded. That ok?
I saw Vikings smear the Packers. But i prefer Ravens or Jags if any. I am weird and Mindy watched it with me so HAH. She likes basketball Hockey and Football just doesnt watch football much lol. Are you ever gonna come back to us Axe? It's ooh how u say not as fun. LOL! Then i logged into eq then comp crashed so i came on board and replied here. Hmm wait that is completely not in same genre or whatever u wanna call it ooh whatever.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

Spellwalker

Sports? What are they? TV? What is it?

/em is confused and ponders the meaning of such things...

Well, I am not much of a TV or sports fan, so I think I will pass on football and work on my shaman today. :)

Have fun!
Spellwalker Sonofsky
Have you hugged your shaman today?

Mithriltouch Magicrings
The mind is a terrible thing, especially in the hands of an enchanter.

Artorious

I agree.... NCAA Football >> Pro in a big way.

Not uno but...

/rant on

College sports in general are better to me than the pro leagues. The biggest reason in my mind is becuase 99% of pro players could honestly careless about the game or their fans so long as that million-dollar paycheck comes in and everyone knows they are the best. Bunch of overpaid, whining, crybabies. And I'm not just talking about the players but coaches and owners as well. Granted college isn't innocent or pure. It is also far from it. But there is a big difference in college and pro with regards to players and coaches enjoying the game.  Plus in college there is a loyalty among fans and alumni that will never be there with pro teams.  That loyalty sets it apart.  You will see the stands near capacity during bad times of many college teams, but if the most popular pro team has a bad year the stands will be empty.

There is also a plague in pro sports with parity. The bad teams are still pretty decent (Cincinnati bungles excluded) and the good teams really aren't that good. They've just had good luck with injuries and free agent pickups. This year's champion will in most cases be next years chump because all the stars will go free agent and luck only holds for so long. It's so vanilla and boring that it's not worth the trouble to keep up with. Sadly the plague of parity has also been sneaking around college sports for a while. It just hasn't become as bad as the pro game.

/rant off

But the Big 10 err 11 err whatever its called ;)?  SEC baby :cool:

And for the record, I spent all day yesterday in Tuscaloosa for the Bama-OU game.  We (Bama) came up on the short end of the game, but it was a decent game (different rant) and night games always rock in Bryant-Denny Stadium.  There's plenty of time for even the casual drinker to get liquor'd up by the time kickoff rolls around.
Artorious Rex
Lord Protector of Mithaniel Marr

Ryverwind
Elder of The Tribunal

Soulstar

I agree, NCAA is better, but I forgot how much I like the NFL too... today reminded me of that.

The ACC is the best conference in college football, though.
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Fadanat Thunderstorm

BIGGEST UPSET!!!  HOUSTON OVER MIAMI!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH  HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHH  HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAA

Denver is going nowhere with Jake the Fake.
My Fourtyniners are BACK!!!  Well let them beat someone that's good before I claim that.
Kansas City looks good, Chargers stinky dinky doo.
Oakland Raiders had to be the worst coached team of the day, 150+ yards in penalties, screwed up the last potential winning drive with 3 consecutive rookie type mistakes!!!
Seahawks looked better than last year.
Bills over Patriots 31 to ZIP!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Saint Louis needs to shelf Warner for Bulger but Mike Marxs Ego is TOOO FOOKING BIG for his own good.  Rams will suck AGAIN, and Kurt Warners wife needs to grow her hair out or come out of the closet!
Colts high powered offense only scoring 9 points but still beating the lonely BROWNIES!!!  SAD SAD SAD for both pathetic teams!
Detroit looked very good, but against Arizona doesn't matter, stop playing Canadian Football Cardinals, and try a real NFL team.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I predict the score tomorrow to be, Philly 17-Tampa Bay 16

Faddy MOooo moo
Wine is the drink that shall never leave my heart.

If you care for wine then express yourself to it before you lose your corkscrew.

If you find a bottle of wine that you would give your life for keep it for it will bring you happiness.

Follow what your bartender says he speaks what is known as the truth. Believe in wine or it can hurt you later on.

Artorious

ACC?  That basketball conference? BAH... come back when the canes and hokies are there and you will have something.  I wish the SEC would have booted some dead wood and picked up some stronger teams like Miami or VT.  I will admit the ACC did pretty well last year.  Maryland kinda came out of nowhere to become decent.  I just wish the other teams in the ACC would stand up and send saint bobby into retirement.  He's probably the most overrated head coach in history.  That he is even mentioned in the same sentence with coaches like Bryant and Paterno sickens me.
Artorious Rex
Lord Protector of Mithaniel Marr

Ryverwind
Elder of The Tribunal

Leiyah

Order of life necessities.

1. Big 10.
1.5 Lohagen
2. Nascar
3. Oxygen
4. Food / Water
5. MWC (Mountain West Conf)
6. Steak
7. EQ
8. Everything else

Legolyn

Sorry to educate you folks but the best overall football conference will be, as it always is, the Big 12.  5 teams in the top 25 at the moment.  3 in the top 10.  You don't get any more competitive then that.  Hell even those losers down in Austin can throw the pigskin around a bit.
Elder Legolyn Stormryder
White Cotton Bunny Rabbit of Daylight

Naked pics of me at this link

Venerable Rashkae
Feral Lord

My Bestial Side