• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

8th shawl war quest

Started by Banaddor, May 29, 2002, 07:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banaddor

ok I have finally completed the armor for the 8th shawl and now I wish to seek the help of the guild in completing the final part of the quest once complete this is what I will receive:

Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl
8AC, +8 STA, +8 CHA, +8 WIS, +8 INT, +8 all saves, +50 HP, +50 mana
Effect: Zephyr of Brell (2 mana/tick, increases buff durations by 15%)

The various wolves and giants that you will fight during this process also drop some very nice gear. So far reported have been the:

Snowchipper: 1HS 10/20, AC 5, str/sta/dex 5, sv cold 10, 3% to parry, weight 4.0, recommended level 51, war,rog,brd,shd,pal,rng/all

Drakkel Wolf Claws: 1H Piercing 10/20, AC 10, dex/int/cha 10, sv cold 10, hp/mana 40, weight 2.0, recommended level 51, effect: Wandering Mind, brd,rng,wiz,mag,enc,nec,bst/all

Spiked Velium Mallet: 1HB 10/20, str/sta/dex 5, sv cold 10, 3% to block, weight 1.0, recommended level 51, effect: Frostcall, war,rog,mnk,brd,shd,pal,clr,dru,shm,rng/all

Ice Forged Helmet: head item AC 18, str/wis/int 5, sv cold 10, hp/mana20, weight 4.0,recommended level 51, effect: Velium Shards, war,brd,shd,pal,clr,rng/all

Tracking Wolf Collar: neck item AC 10, wis/int 5, hp/mana 40, sv cold 10, 2% to dodge, weight 1.0, recommended level 51, all/all

General Bragmur: You will find him to start the action bit at -3400, 9000 in Iceclad. His respawn is about 4 hours in case you happen to catch him shortly after someone else has killed him or completed the quest. Reports are that his pathing during the trek to the gnomes is a little flakey, he will sometimes disappear and then reappear as he is walking, so don't panic. It might be reassuring to have a tracker in case you lose sight of him entirely. Some folks have also reported that it helped to have someone who can feign, to agro the General and lead him back to the appropriate route in case he warps back to his spawn point or otherwise gets off track. As you travel, you will encounter five waves of attack from the giants and their wolves, some harder than others. It sounds like three coordinated groups of 55+ are required at the very barest minimum. Remember that you will also be agroed by all the green wolves and giants and obnoxious dervishes that you encounter along the way. It might be good to have a few folks as the designated greenie brigade to help keep them out of everyone else's hair while fighting the real attacks. Please give those nasty dervishes a whack for me while you're at it.

First Wave: (-3550, 7550) 4 Kromriff Tracking Wolves spawn and attack. These cannot be snared or rooted. Unsure about stuns or mezzes. The wolves are not difficult.
Second Wave: (-2200, 7250) 4 Frost Giant Skirmishers spawn and attack. They hit for 178 max I believe and were again easily dispatched.
Third Wave: (-1100, 5950) Commander Kvarid and 3 Frost Giant Skirmishers spawn and attack. (They spawn on the General.) They cannot be stunned, mezzed, rooted or snared. The Frost Giant Skirmishers are 55ish, and Commander Kvarid is 57.
Fourth Wave: (1500, 2250) 5 Kromriff Tracking Wolves spawn and attack.
Fifth Wave: (3700, 2650) Commander Vjorik and 5 Frost Giant Skirmishers spawn and attack. (They spawn on the General.)

Wolves were GoK'able...but it wasn't easy for the 57 chanter.

Nothing was snarable or rootable by me (60 druid).

The named giants summoned, but nothing else did.

I have gathered this info from eqtraders and am looking for anything that will better prepare us for this. on the 2 times I have assisted others doing the final part I have seen that a ench is vital to the success. the general has a bit of a wondering prob while fighting some of the battles. some one will have to kite it around while the rest kill the giants and / or wolves than memblur so the general will continue on. also 1 time the general disappeared and ended up back near the beginning. this turned out to be little prob as it was just kited back and memblured or atoned heh what every a enchs do and it continued on its way.

well I am off now to bed been a long day lol let me know if I will need to pull in outside help and if so how many ill see which non guiltier friends I can pull along :)

Fizzgig

unless you think you need me for healing and stuff I'll volunteer for greenie patrol.....half of them won't be green to me and I'll need a tank or two but otherwise it should be good :)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Zheven

If resistances are needed in the war hold off till I hit 54.  Shouldn't be too long, got 2 yellow in 1 day.

Fambene

that sounds fun.. i can already feel the strategys poping in my head.. mmmm
Aridorlvl63 shaman
Fambenelvl52 paladin

Kaneril Knightwing

Has the 8th Shawl been fixed? Last I heard it was bugged, but I may have gotten that from old info.
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Zaxboan

Sounds like a lot of fun. Busy month ahead, but with enough notice I'll do what I can to get free.

Banaddor

ya the quest was buged before but it was a prob of the dain eating the 7th shawl that has been fixed than god lol i have lost 1 shawl from some npc eating it but that was my fault lol. now like i said there is a pathing prob with the general. also i should note do not use wolf form as we will be heading to the camp near the docks and i can vouch that they do not like wolf form.

Aelderie

Sounds fun, can I play too?

Aridor

With your whole 150hp? :p
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Aelderie

*shrug*

Actually, I was planning on going water lmno (enduring breath), rounding up a couple stinky barbarians (you being one of them of course) and setting them loose in the middle of the battle.. One good whiff of you, and most of em should die on the spot :p

In which case, even if you get trampled under the fleeing/unconscious critters, by the time we drag you out, you should be sufficiently frozen enough to avoid any guildies succumbing to yer stench, and by the time you defrost, some of those decades of grime should wash off...

so neener neener :D

Aridor

Of course they will die to my nasty and stinky DoTs..why else would they have such charming names as Plague and Envenomed Bolt? :p

You forget though that us barbs have innate high cold resistance lol, so no frozen barb for you..
Aridor Shadowyrm

Aelderie

Hmmm... may have to just see about roasting you instead... then again, the fumes would prolly kill off most of the local wildlife...

*sigh* back to the drawing-board.. Gonna need reinforcements on this one. :p

Aridor

Leave the tinkering to our gnomes.. :p
Aridor Shadowyrm

Bonebi

Count me in, I never miss a chance to die :D
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"