• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Ugh!

Started by Leiyah, April 27, 2004, 12:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzgig

strangly enough the big spiders don't kill you.  just make you a little sick.   I don't care though I'd still rather be in a room full of the small I use a web type that can kill you rather than the large no web jumpy kind.

No funnelwebs in queensland :).  And most of australia's deadly stuff is long and painful death rather than ouch something bit me...drop over dead.  And they have anti venom for all of it :)  Personally I think the spiders, snakes and scorpions are just to counteract the fluffy animails you guys all know about.

Come visit anyhow I'll get douv to protect you from the big nasty spiders.

psst they grow huge in palms stay away from the palms

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Celllburn

Having second thoughts yet leiyah?.....lol

Kindrinn

I'm his little brother and i put 10 bucks on hes to much of a punk to touch them! of course i would seeing as how im cool and he is a n00b and he ph33r's me :P

BTW man plz dont hurt me :)

Fizzgig

now I knew I'd saved these somewhere.  just fyi the wolf spider which this is btw is also found in some parts of the USA....I believe this particular photo is of one of your giant spiders not one of ours :)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Fizzgig

and without the clock...some brave individual had to have got close enough to remove the clock without disturbing the spider

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Fizzgig

and if that wasn't enough they got CLOSER....please remember these spiders are not tied to a web and are extremely fast, agile and can jump a bloody long way

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Soulstar

Note to self: lock self in bathroom at 10:39 nightly from now on
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Karlah

Note to Souls:  They can climb up drain pipes...

Fizzgig

yeah these things can get into places you totally wouldn't expect them to be.  The first place douv and I lived together we had one a little larger than the pic sitting in the bowl of the second loo...it stayed there for so long that we just closed up the room put a towel along the gap and used the other loo.

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Leiyah

Aelderie

OMFG

um......

ok, there is something seriously wrong with any area that has critters with legs that big....

I think the largest spidey I've ever seen was my pet tarantula and he was still small enough to fit on that thing's head...

/checks under the desk for the 3rd time

If I have nightmares about mansized spideys jumping around trying to eat me, I'm holding you personally responsible Fizz. :p

Fizzgig

the movie aracnaphobia had a whole heap of smaller wolf spiders in it.  you know the creapy cross bred offspring?  those were ANZAC wolf spiders....and they do move that fast and jump around that much...they just don't kill you.....my next door neighbour woke up one morning with a massive one sitting on her pillow next to her face...she figures it got in through the tiny break in her screen

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Aelderie

I used to have a pet spidey (after the tarantula) who ran around my room... He kept the leezard entertained (did I mention I had a 4'7" iguana?) and pissed off the cat (who also pissed off the leezard) and ate all the bugs, real and feared (we don't like cockroaches, nope nope nope). He used to scare my brother alot because he'd sit on my blanket and scurry in circles whenever the door opened. I'd just bat him onto the floor when I wanted to get in bed and he'd scurry off to some other corner of the room. He was my fuzzy eight legged friend....

Of course, he wasn't anything near as creepy as those pictures and he couldn't wrap his legs around my head.... and I know I never saw pincers on him that looked like those....

Your spideys scare me.

Leiyah

Quotemy next door neighbour woke up one morning with a massive one sitting on her pillow next to her face

/raises hand
Um....I have a problem here...

I think my heart would stop and I KNOW I would need my inhaler...

Fizzgig

and a trip to the laundry mat I'd assume

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank