• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Anyone else in EQ2 beta?

Started by Kazaba, October 03, 2004, 05:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampus

Kaneril was a good, just, pleasant person all around. Willing to help out a the drop of a hat. Sickening isnt it?? And thus the evil personality finally had enough of all that do-gooder crap and split to become Yampus the evil Gnomie Love God, willing to pump any and all indiscriminately  :D
Yampus Bonechaser
Lvl 14 Mage Summoner lvl 8 Artisan
"He who controls the Bugs controls....... well, bugs."

Superfly

A guy I know bought Kalana

We sacrificed her to 46.

It was tight.
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Kazaba

The NDA was lifted today and I'll make a nice long post on the game sometime next week.  I like the game a lot, there's some flaws, but overall it's a lot of fun.  My only worry is how long it will stay that way, my highest level character is Level 16 right now so I can't really say anything about the higher levels.

Dwammer

I haven't been able to play much, only made it to 12 with my crusader. Quests aren't too bad, the quest journal is great for keeping track of things. Waypoints, stuff like that are cool. The lag, imo, is pathetic. For a company that has been doing these games for years now, you'd think they could find someone to write better server code.

Overall, I like it, but I like every one of these games that I play for about two months. Not sure I'd put in five years with EQ2 but then again, it took me a year to play EQ for more than two days in a week.

Kazaba

Strangely enough I've not had that much trouble with the lag, except when they did the stress test on beta 1 Antonica was pretty bad.  However, a lot of people are in the same boat as Dwammer although it seems to get some what better every patch.  Antonica is a huge zone and is the main place to hunt for qeynosians 10-20 so it often has over 100 players in it, and is the main lag spot so far.  Also some folks take a lot of fiddiling with there graphics settings before they get the best compromise between graphics and performance.  I know when I bumped mine up a little things slow down a lot.

Yampus

Quote from: SuperflyA guy I know bought Kalana

We sacrificed her to 46.

It was tight.

You are an evil, evil person not to invite your favorite Necro to that party  :mad:  :(
Yampus Bonechaser

Dwammer

Yeah, most lag is in Antonica, if there was ever a zone screaming for instancing, that's the one.

The system reqs aren't joking around. Whatever they say it requires to run is barely going to run. Be prepared for the recommended at least or you'll have horrid frame rates. Fizzgig did a 24 hour DL of the patcher/game and found out she can't run it because her video card is lacking the newest pixel shader. My guess is that if you didn't get top of the line in the last year, you may have to upgrade. I'm sure there will be people who say they have an older one and it runs, blah blah blah, but I'm just saying, three of the four people I know in the beta had to upgrade to play and the fourth one bought his card in the last year.

Airelyn

Yeah I had to upgrade my vid card, which sucks cause I just got a new comp recently with a nice vid card in it... it just didn't have the pixel shader :(

So I got a GeForce 5900xt 128mb... cost about $180.  Upgraded my RAM to 1gb also just in case... oh and in order to run my new vid card I had to upgrade my power supply to a Antec 450w.  All just to run friggin EQ2 :)  

What a pain.

I am looking forward to your review Kaz!
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Yampus

I just bought a new computer so it should be able to handle EQ2 if I decide to leave EQnoob. I now have a 3.2gb P4e Prescott on an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Mboard with 1024mb DDR400 Ram, 128mb ATI Radeon 9550 vid card and a 120gb S-ATA harddrive in a Scorpio Raidmax 668 20" Aluminum case with 420w Power, and an LG GSA4082b 8x8 DVD +/- Burner. Should be able to run pretty good  ;)
Yampus Bonechaser

chingerz

you guys are a bunch of nerds!

Dwammer

Says the guy who's probably typing this out on a fourth computer so he can keep three accounts running...

Airelyn

hehe.... chingernerd... king of the nerds!
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude