• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

EQ2 Qeynos tips

Started by Kazaba, November 12, 2004, 05:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazaba

1) Find a map of antonica and print it out.  
You can find a good map at http://www.clanwhitestorm.com/eq2info/

The city zones all have decent in game maps, but the Antonica map is a reveal map (you can't see an area until you explore it) so printing out a map will keep you from having to ask questions that have allready been asked in /ooc a hundred times in the last hour

2) Start your Hallmark quests as soon as you can.

Your citizenship quest is pretty straight forward (note, after you finish collecting tokens click on the city sign again to get to the last part) but your class quest can be time consuming.  Get started in it as soon as possible.  

3) Bags

Any bag over 4 slots is currently rare and valuable.  I know 1 quest for an 8 slot bag and one for a ten slot bag.  

In Nettleville Hovel, Verth will ask you to pick up some illegal freeport ale from his brother by the mariner's bell.  Go get the ale from the brother but DON'T give it to Verth.  Talk to one of the guards (Knight-Captain Hastings maybe?   I'm not sure, but it will say in your quest log) and you will get an 8 slot bag as a reward.  Verth will only give you a few copper

The other one is a bit more involved.  At about level 10 go to Antonica and kill the rats and snakes near the gates.  Eventually a book called something like "Bootstrutter's guide to Antonica" will drop (it will be in a treasure chest, if you are not a scout make sure you are at full health when you open chests or a trap might kill you.  Rogues can disarm them).  Examine the book and it will give you a quest "tour of Antonica."  The map you printed out of Antonica will help you greatly on this quest, but it will take some time even then.  Remember Griffins and sprint are your friends.   MAke sure you get this quest before you hit about level 14 because rats and snakes will start to grey out and will no longer drop treasure chests when grey.  Also, there is a quest in N. Qeynos (From Knight Lieutenant Alesso near the castle gate) "Civil service" Which requires you to kill rats snakes and beetles.

4) Delivery (Fed-Ex) Quests

I suggest doing these first as they are easy and give you a chance to get to know the city while getting some experience.  As a matter of fact, you can get from the island to level 11 or 12 without killing anything except the things for your citizenship and class quests.  Some of the parts of the class quests require some  running around so it is often convienant to do some of these quests at the same time.

Fizzgig

if you don't finish your class quest right away it will stop you leveling but you'll still be getting xp so once you finish it you'll level a couple of times.  this is just a way to get around things greying out before your ready.

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Kazaba

Only reason I say to finish right away is that I have gone over the 220% experience you can have and it made me mad so i didn't want my friends to suffer the same frustration.  Also the class quests involve a lot of running around that you can combine with running around for Fed-ex quests for the sake of efficency.  BTW when you are over the level things con as if they were the level you should be at, not the level you are, so it doesn't help with keeping things from going grey.  This is just my opinion obviously, do whatever is most fun for you.

Fizzgig

yeah sorry I should have mentioned the 220% barrier...and I'm sure stuff didn't grey out while I was doing beta.  oh well change is good.

Have you found Fippy Darkpaw the 4th yet.  He has a really nice quest but more than that it's darn funny

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Ronik Thunderhands

Found a vendor in elddar grove that sold me 6 slotted bags for 6 silver each.
could only buy one . Inventory space already seems to be problem