• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

New Spells on Test

Started by Airelyn, August 22, 2002, 07:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airelyn

Aridor, the new heals are added with the idea it helps in large scale raid situations, it isn't suppose to be there for your average healing in xp groups... but of course it wil be used for such :)

Ching I fully agree... but that is the way VI has always done it.  Sooner or later they will keep adjusting and changing player classes and adding more powerful weapons and such until one day the game will become so trivial it won't be fun anymore.

Remember back in the day, say 2-3 years ago... when things like yak blades and mithril tunics were uber?  When encounters like AoW were laughable they were so hard and noone was killing him because of such.  The game has changed so much over the last few years... but that is the way it goes, things change, move forward and become different.

Point is?  I agree with Ching hehe.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Aridor

I hear you, but imo the current shamen heal spells are good enough even for those situations. Ah well, I just don't really like the idea that they make healing more important for shammies, after all healing is a cleric's job.. Sup. Healing, Chloroblast and Torpor ought to be more than enough as backup :p

Anyways, back to inactivity for me. Bye! :eek:
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Fizzgig

lol sounds like it translates roughly to.....I don't want to have to sit on my butt make the clerics do it lol

I've only been playing since christmas so not that long compared to some of you but I think they are making players better rather than zones better to deal with the new planes...course I could be wrong :) plus from what I've read they have plans for other zones in norath ie unkempt woods (lol after I killed off all that faction)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Bonebi

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Tonzafun IndyJok

I can't even begin to imagine what you guy's are talking about as far as cleric's not getting in a group. I am now 54 and I have never ever, not once, have I ever had anyone in any group pass over a cleric for any other healing class ever? I can't even begin to imagine going to Velks and to pull top's without a cleric. Sure, I'll take a healer type over no cleric in the zone but to pass over a cleric for any other healer? Maybe if you go to a zone where there are a lot of higher-level clerics in the zone, but to even pass up a 50+ cleric for a 60 level druid would be something I have yet to encounter. Maybe you are trying to go to some zones to early? I know as a 51 warrior in KC I got passed over a lot for higher level pally's and SK's and even rogues. Now at 54 I am finding it much easier to get groups in many zones even Old Seb I am picking up groups but only because there are no higher levels available.
You may be right about being more solo friendly but to feel you are being passed over for another healing class? I haven't seen that happen in any of my groups so I just can't relate. I can relate to druid's getting the shaft in groups. I know as a warrior that lots of groups I have been in with a slot open and a 50+ Druid shouts for a group, the group will leave the spot open for a shammy or something before they take a druid or a ranger. I always try and take druids/rangers but normally get vetoed.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

chingerz

best group i ever had at tops was me duo with a ranger.

still haven't finished my rant. be afraid!

Airelyn

Disclaimer: First off I get a bit ranty here heh... this is my frustration with my class coming out so this isn't geared toward anyone.

/rant on

Take a minute and go read the EQ Cleric boards... they all say the same thing.  Now I am not saying we are getting passed up for the other healing classes on a regular basis yet... I have gotten passed up for 60 druids yes.  I am saying we will when druids are complete healing... now I know you can say it isn't complete heal!  Go grab your average exp group... 2.5k heal IS complete or damn near it.  The druids heal was made for raids, but Verant seems to forget how much that changes group settings, it makes a cleric not needed as badly for grouping in exp setting.  Here is the problem we see... ok clerics can do what? Heal, Rezz, maybe throw some stuns around.  What can druids do? Heal, DoT, Snare, SoW, Port, Evac... a lot more to offer a group in it's arsenal.  I don't think the Clerics are wrong to get in a bit of an uproar... it is our one special ability, it is the only thing we do cause we suck at everything else... and Verant keeps making other classes better at it... slowly infringing on our ONE ability.  As I said before... I love druids, I leveled one, I wish I had one on this server, I am happy they are getting better exp grouping skills... but I am worried about the cleric class.  If I have trouble finding a group now just being in competition with other clerics... think how bad it is gonna be in a while :)

Our main problem... every person who has had trouble getting groups with their class went out and made a cleric... there are so many damn clerics out there these days it is damn near impossible to get a group.

You think I am kidding?  Watch me sitting at Sebilis zone in for 2 hours... yes count em 2 hours with 5 other clerics waiting for a group... oh and who wants me or anyone else under 56 when they can have mr uber cleric in full ToV weilding their epic.  It's funny, literally ever group I join, when i get in I cast Heroic Bond and it doesn't stick... they go "oh we have aego".  There are 4 billion lvl60 clerics nowadays... I remember when clerics were damn rare.

I don't know, just take it like this Tonz... we aren't on crack (well clarity maybe).  We aren't making it up, and I mean like a huge population of EQ clerics... want proof?  Go level a cleric and find out how life is post 50 is for us.  It ain't no bed of roses.

/rant off
Airelyn Divine

Noren

/em prays SWG doesn't have these problems when it comes out.

Hate to say it but, IMO, EQ is a broken game and probably always will be.

/wave Keepers
/hug Aire

P.S. When I played, Clerics could solo almost as well as rocks could swim.;)
(The Original) Noren Lifespring
Retired Cleric
Keepers of Fortitude

Airelyn

NOREN!

/em dances around Noren.

Miss you
Airelyn Divine

Korba

"God does not play dice.  He plays an ineffable game of his own making that to the rest of us can be likened to playing poker in a pitch black room, for infinite stakes, with blank cards, and with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and is always smiling." Good Omens, have a nice Doomsday.

Fizzgig

can I get a humbug with that? lol.....there is one big difference between cleric's waiting on a zone and druids waiting on a zone....you get 5 or 6 druids and you have a workable group...you get 5 or 6 clerics you get a great conversation lol

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Zaxboan

lmao, nice Fizz.

Btw the lack of comments from the mage/ranger on druids and clerics being able to get some group lovin' is well....

...my best effort at tact.

If we are just talking about getting a group, those of you leveling mages will soon see.

Yes, I can solo better than most, but this is about getting a group. Especially before Vi "balanced" Mages, unless there was a spot in a group where somebody was a good friend, I didn't get many pickup invites. period. I have sat at zi and watched druid, warriors, rogues, chanters, CLERICS all taken before me, even at lower level.

Now I don't complain, I go find something else to do. The ability to solo is nice, but think about all the drops out there that require at least a group to get. Solo is great for some supplemental xp, but still leaves a big gap in the total game experience.

Airelyn

Airelyn Divine

chingerz

mages are screwed on raids, too.  i doubt  most mages leveled up just so they could make mod rods and do coh.  it's a vital role to success of a battle, but mages not having the chance to use their nukes and pets is just like clerics doing nothing but pressing a hotkey when it's their turn.

Tonzafun IndyJok

Take a look at your typical 52 druid and take a look at your typical 52 (pick a class ), then tell me who has the better gear from being in the dungeons where the stuff drops and where druids bite and can't get groups. So not only is it very hard to get a group for a druid if you want gear, forget about it until you are high level and go on raids (raids because not ever wanted in a dungeon xp group) or rich.
I am thinking of going and doing some of the new level 5 druid quests because my gear is so bad. I think it would be better then some of the gear I now have. hehe  I have a 24 Cleric with better wisdom and gear then my gimp druid.
So yeah, I haven't played a cleric to high level yet but my cleric never waits long for a group.
I'm not saying that a cleric doesn't have problems and needs some work but come on, to not be happy for druids for finally getting some group ability is just so not fair. I would be happy if they just made harmony work indoors and only work for druids. That alone would give us value in a dungeon.
Don't get me wrong I love my clerics and I will never be in a group without one if I can get one.
The real problem is that due to the class balancing going on no class really has anything that makes them unique any more and therefore vital in a group. This is really a pointless conversation there is just no way you will ever convince me any class has it worse than a druid.
Any way this is my last entry on this subject. We all have issues with our chosen classes and I guess we will never be completely happy otherwise; we all wouldn't have 15 alts  hahahaha.
I love you guy's and don't want any hard feelings, this big long rant is just past frustration from playing my druid and the lonely life he lead. Just remember Druids are people too, so be kind to our Druids and help them out because if you don't who will.
Oh and Zax everyone knows Mage's just suck and there is just no hope. If I were you I would go to EK just outside the Highpass zone, walk to the edge of that really high cliff and jump. :D
Just kidding (NOT) I love ya. hehe
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.