• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

todays patch message

Started by Douval, October 16, 2002, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douval

Odd New Objects in the Land

Folks across Norrath and on Luclin have reported seeing odd new objects in various locations. They appear to be some sort of magical portal, though local spell casters have yet to discover how they arrived or exactly what their purpose is. They have determined, however, that these objects are slowly building in power. Attempting to use these portals at this time can have unexpected results. Experts recommend that adventurers avoid these objects until they know more. For more information on these odd devices, visit //www.planesofpower.com

Important Notice Regarding Alternate Advancement Reimbursement

Due to the changes made to Manaburn, Rods of Mystical Transvergence and a previous change to Innate Regeneration, we are reimbursing several Alternate Advancement (AA) abilities.

Once you log in today, if you have any of these abilities, please check your AA window immediately! If you have more than 30 unspent points, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you make certain that your character has 30 or fewer AA points before The Planes of Power launches on October 21st! The return of these AA points may put your total number of unspent points over the 30 point maximum. Your pool will be reduced to 30 the first time you log in after the launch of Planes of Power on October 21st.

We will be refunding all Alternate Advancement points in the following abilities:

Innate Regeneration
Manaburn
Mental Clarity
Quick Summoning
Refunded Alternate Advancement points may be spent in any way you choose. None of these abilities is being removed, and of them only Manaburn is changing.

NOTE: Cannibalization, Gather Mana, and Mind and Body Rejuvenation will not function if you do not have the necessary prerequisite, Mental Clarity 3.

Alternate Advancement

Mana Burn will only land any given target only once every minute. If a cast of Mana Burn is unable to land, the timer will not be used.
Spell Casting Mastery once again works in the same manner that it did before the previous patch
Spell Casting Fury and Soul Abrasion will now stack
Illusion Tree and Minor Illusion will no longer be affected by Permanent Illusion
Fixed Purify Soul. It should now cure poison, disease, damage over time spells as initially intended
Reduced the reuse timer on Divine Resurrection from 72 hours to 36 hours
Reduced the reuse timer on Mend Companion from 144 minutes to 36 minutes
Reduced the reuse timer of Warcry from 72 minutes to 36 minutes. Increased its duration from 5 seconds per rank of the ability to 10 seconds per rank of the ability
Defensive Changes

Decreased Monks' ability to mitigate damage (please see the Developer's Update on //www.everquestlive.com for more details)
Improved the ability of Paladins, Shadowknights, Warriors and Bards to mitigate damage in some situations
Upgraded Warrior dodge cap to 190
Upgraded Paladin, Shadowknight and Bard dodge cap to 170
Upgraded Ranger and Beastlord dodge to 170 and defense to 240
Spells

Complete Healing will now heal a maximum of 7,500 hit points
The Rod of Mystical Transvergence spell has been altered. The spell has been renamed to "Mass Mystical Transvergence". When cast, this spell summons a Rod of Mystical Transvergence for everyone within 300 feet. This rod is no drop and contains 3 charges of Mystical Transvergence. Each charge restores 360 mana at the cost of 450 health. A player may only use a charge from the rod once every 5 minutes.
Additionally, there is a new "Rod of Mystical Transvergence" spell for sale in the Bazaar. This is a single target spell that summons a rod with 3 charges of Mystical Transvergence. This rod has the same abilities and restrictions listed above. This spell is a targeted summon that costs 400 points of mana to cast.
Changed the way Focus stacks with other strength and dexterity buffs
Circle of Seasons will overwrite Resist Cold
Dance of the Blade should now stack with McVaxius's Rousing Rondo
Harness of Spirit and Rage should now stack properly
Fufil's Curtailing Chant should now stack with Occlusion of Sound
Protection of the Glades should now overwrite Blessed Armor of the Risen
Blessed Armor of the Risen should now stack with Lunar Whispers
Fixed a bug that was causing some applications of spells and ranged attacks from great distance to go unnoticed by NPCs
Contact Innates (such as Boon of the Garou) should now be working for Bards
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause helmets and sometimes hair to disappear after an illusion was cast
Bard songs should now blink on recipients other than the bard
Encounters

Due to the number of Luclin encounters requiring original Rods of Transvergence to be defeated by a reasonably sized force, a number of those encounters have been be re-tuned to shorten their duration.
Interface

New Alarm feature added. When you first log in you will see a pop up asking if you wish to set an alarm and if so for how long. There is also an option to choose to never see that pop up again. If you choose this option you will need to set ShowAlarmWindow=TRUE in your eqclient.ini file in order to see the pop up again. The alarm will trigger after the time you set has elapsed, no matter what character you are playing on whatever server, up until the moment you log out.
/played now displays how long you have been playing this session and, if an alarm has been set, how long until that alarm sounds.
/pet sit down should now work on charmed NPCs
Added 3 new context menu options for chat windows: Reply To, Tell a friend, Tell a Raidmember (for future use). Each of which has a submenu containing the list of Reply targets, Friends, or Raidmembers, as appropriate. Clicking on the player's name will place "/tell " on the chat entry line, and move the focus there, closing the menu.
Changed /loadskin. It now brings up a window that will allow you to select a skin from a list, determine whether to use the INI or not, then load the skin.

Douval

Beastlords

In order to allow us to better tune warders, we have made changes to the way that these pets work. Previously a Beastlord would summon a pet using an ability button and then use level-appropriate buff spells to increase the pet's level. Because of the way this mechanic works, it was very difficult to tune these pets. Hopefully this will have the side benefit of making things a little easier on Beastlords by reducing the number of steps required to cast the pet.

Beastlords will now summon their pets using spells rather than an ability. The series of spells that was previously used to buff the pets will now simply summon the appropriate pet.

Unfortunately, these pets will no longer zone with the Beastlord, and will need to be resummoned (instead of rebuffed) after zoning.

We have made some adjustments to these pets already.

Added the casting time reduction that is already in place for Paladins, Rangers and Shadowknights to Beastlords
Items

Merchants now highly value the Staff of Forbidden Rites and will only sell them at an extremely high price.
Dance of the Blade should once again stack with Nature's Melody and Song of the Deep Seas
Trade Skills

Made it slightly easier to get skill increases while doing Tailoring, Tinkering, Smithing, Baking, Brewing and Alchemy. Made it slightly more difficult to get skill increases with Pottery and Fletching
Miscellaneous

Fixed an issue that was causing zones to crash in some circumstances
Fixed an issue that was causing merchants to behave erratically while handling certain quantities of items
Player Character corpses with no items will decay in 3 real life hours, not 7 days
Fixed a bug that was causing Lay Hands to not heal enough damage
Zoning while on a horse on a boat will no longer cause you to appear on the other side in the water
/face (face picker) will no longer work while under the effects of an illusion
Taunt should be more effective and more dependent on the level of the Taunt skill for PC's and NPC's below level 60.
Levitation can no longer be cast on Traders in the Bazaar
List of UI files updated or added with this patch

UPDATED

EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml
EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
NEW FILES

EQUI_LoadskinWnd.xml
EQUI_AlarmWnd

Fizzgig

tailoring is easier :) that's always good

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

unoshato

ok i logged in my bst and started getting tells right away.. people asking me where my vha shir got a panther for his warder but another guy said it looked like a sic gopher to him and that his barbarian warder now looked like a mut dog.. so if anyone can shed light on this because i did not see any change at all... or if any one can share screenshots of his phenominon.. please share

also do you think i did not see it due to my options settings..?

and if so what setting would i need to be at to see them..

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku

Kaneril Knightwing

I think it depends on what video card you are running Uno. For a day I was seeing wolves in GD without their fur, just meat :)
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Kaneril Knightwing

Here is a close-up of what my pet looked like as well :)
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Bonebi

There were a couple people in DSP last night that saw red trees, so I would assume Kane is right must be the card.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Carellron

Pet with painted toenails...now that's scary.....
Where was that again?

Stuff...