• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

OMG big news

Started by Fizzgig, October 09, 2002, 02:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonzafun IndyJok

I agree they need to fix taunt so warriors can keep agro better.
I will concede your point, but I still think they should nerf all Paladins named chingerz at the very least.:D
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Fizzgig

don't pick on ching I'd never lvl if he didn't take pity on me
occasionally...if they nerfed him and soul who'd group with me for xp? hmm hmm that's what I thought

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Bonebi

Nerf Pally's!
Nah just Chingerz!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Airelyn

Well something all melee folks will enjoy... a new magician spell... but now the mages will be getting bombarded with requests heh.

A summon spell added with 1 Charge of Gate: Talisman of Return
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Zaxboan

Is it a mage spell or a shaman? I haven't seen anything definitive yet, but with the talisman name I would think its a shammy spell.

Tonzafun IndyJok

Well if it's a mage spell does that mean I have to be nice to Zax?
NOOOOOOO! I dont want gate that bad.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Aridor

As a warrior you can always just use your innate gating ability (die) :p

About the upcoming changes: used to partner up with Trist alot and healing was literally non existant. Had to heal him like once in 2 hours when we tried out the Rockhopper cave in DP, and that was thanks to an overpull which ate my pet and sent me meeleing too. But then, it's Trist.. maybe he's just too good to be used for a valid comparison :D

I guess time will tell if the changes will be any good..

P.S.: grats to all the clerics that finally got their click-sticks
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Zaxboan

After the latest pass thru the mage boards, it seems some of them are claiming the summon gate spell for mages. Seeing as how they have already removed several spells from the test server, this would be a just a little premature imo.

They have also added a few more summoned toys, 2 belts and 3 weapons. Whether these items are pet only, like the muzzle of Mardu (haste) or PC equippable, nobody knows yet.

The three weapons supposedly proc ( up to 150dd? ) based on Fire/magic/cold resists.

When is PoP supposedly shipping?

Airelyn

Scheduled for release Oct 21st
Airelyn Divine

Airelyn

Chanters get a new illusion

New Enchanter Spells: Illusion Froglok

so cool :)

FROOOOOAAAAK!
Airelyn Divine

Saiferus

great i can be a frog :(

Fizelle

hehe finally something to look forward too

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Mythavatar

As a 60 wizard, I have mixed feelings about the manaburn nerf.

I think Chingerz' post on manaburn is spot on. It is far too powerful for old-world style encouters, but then so are most level 60 characters with enough AA points to to get manaburn in the first place. In the post Luclin world it is just a big aggro magnet with comparatively little damage for the mana expended (as it only does between 2.5 and 3.5 times the caster's mana in damage, it is not much better than a big lure spell).

Whenever Verant introduce changes that appear good on the surface, there will always be a group pushing the envelope till it breaks. Any group of characters holding Epic mobs for ransom are quite clearly acting agains the spirit of the 'play nice' policy. The players should be penalised not the class. I have seen level 60 rogues assasinate for 32K of damage, but no one is talking about allowing only one successful assasination attempt on a mob per minute.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." JRR Tolkien

65 Sage Wizards:
Mythavatar , Saryrn
Mythrill, Antonius Bayle

Airelyn

Well in defense of rogues... assassinate only works on mobs lvl 45 and under :)

It has little real use, only really to impress newbs if your lucky enough for it to go off in front of others :)
Airelyn Divine

Zaxboan

I really just don't get VI sometimes. Here is the latest on the trans rod issue...

QuoteThe original plan we outlined for the Mod Rod change didn't have the intended effect (you can see the original plans in the Development Update). We've changed the plan a bit. The new changes (listed below) will be Live tomorrow. Obviously we want to address the issues mentioned in the Update ("...perhaps single-handedly altered the balance of the end-game encounter..."), and this change still does that. But at the same time we wanted to allow mages to contribute using Mod Rods without reducing their ability to contribute damage

So, without further rambling from me, here are the changes that will be going in tomorrow:

The Rod of Mystical Transvergence spell will be renamed "Mass Mystical Transvergence". When cast, this spell summons a Rod of Mystical Transvergence for everyone within 300 feet. This rod is no drop and contains 3 charges of Mystical Transvergence. Each charge restores 360 mana at the cost of 450 health. A player may only use a charge from the rod once every 5 minutes.

Additionally, there will be a new "Rod of Mystical Transvergence" spell for sale in the Bazaar. This is a single target spell that summons a rod with 3 charges of Mystical Transvergance. This rod has the same abilities and restrictions listed above. This spell is a targeted summon that costs 400 points of mana to cast.

/boggle

The first change was poorly thought out in one direction. This change, at least on the face of it, screams unbalancing in the other direction. Like before I'll wait and see, but I'm thinking VI is suffering from some sort of developer's Bi-polar disorder.

Jeez rods for tanks too? This is going to be insane