• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

New Patch Message Stuff

Started by Airelyn, October 17, 2002, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airelyn

- Some NPCs were unable to cast Area Effect spells and other innate abilities. This would have caused many of the recently retuned NPCs to be considerably easier than intended.

- Updated the range on the Magician spell Rod of Mystical Transvergence.

- Rods of Transvergence and Modulation Rods can no longer be used by those who do not have enough maximum hit points to survive the mana conversion. Please note: That is MAXIMUM hit points! It is still possible for appropriate level characters to rod themselves to death.

- Barbarian Beastlords will once again return to summoning their own dogs. Not someone else's. If you were summoning a dog that didn't appear familiar, please do not worry. Your own dog has returned. He missed you. Please feed him.

- Altered the stacking for the Shaman spell Voice of the Berserker to match the other spells in its line.

- Aura of White Petals has been updated to have its strength as it was prior to its stacking changes.

- In the original patch yesterday morning, /SHIELD was added as an innate ability that all Warriors now gain at level 35. Warriors may now choose to take a portion of melee damage that is intended for another. Warriors, please type /SHIELD for a full description of this ability. You may find that it assists you greatly in your groups.

Correspondingly, NPCs and Pets over level 30 who are Warriors were granted this ability as well. Certain NPCs and Pets may choose to protect beings that they have an affinity for, if they believe that it will benefit the shielded being. For now, however, there is not yet a way to manually cause or prevent this behavior in pets.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Fizzgig

well the /shield could act as a DA almost for tanks on raids say bum's getting low and the healers are oom other wars could /shield him

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Carellron

But it will only take a portion of the damage, not all.  Best guess is that this is set up so that clerics and or any other healer in the encounter can get the spell cast.  Also, on high damage encounters if our lesser melee /shield the MA they will take damage from those hits, which in turn could cause an agro problem if they get too low on health.  Either way, set up a hot key with my name :D
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Tonzafun IndyJok

Only problem with that Care, is now you will be responsible for two deaths.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Carellron

Just doin' my job Tonz.....LOL!  We all know it's not considered a raid until Saiferus and I die a few times!
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Nizelar

Well if anyone dies alot poor little Fizzgig has the record. Everytime ive been on a raid lately she goes for 5 or 6 deaths a trip (   I believe she has used her click stick more on herself then other players LOL

Nizelar Koolcast
Nizelar Koolcast
Wizards were made to dish it out but NEVER take it........

Carellron

hehehe, wanna bet?  Try snaring
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Soulstar

I see the shield ability useful in this manner too:

On mobs that are very difficult to tank, the mob could be intially tanked by a shadowknight or paladin (since we can draw aggro more effectively than warriors) then warriors can take turns /shielding the tank, kind of like a CH rotation.  This way aggro will be effectively controlled so casters needn't worry, and the mob can be tanked more easily.
Soulstar Loneshadow
Scaled Nightmare of the Keepers of Fortitude
My passion is like a volcano, waiting to erupt.

Aridor

Verant changes Manaburn to get rid of Wizard havok-groups. Verant adds shield ability. Will we now see Warrior havok-groups instead? ;)
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Carellron

Not really, when the lesser melee's shield the tank they'll take the damage.  In other words will still need heals.
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Aridor

I know, I was just kidding :D
Aridor Shadowyrm
:: Mystic :: Inventory :: Retired ::

Bonebi

hahaha no one has the record over Saif and Care if we pooled everyone in the guilds death we would still be behind
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"