• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Today

Started by Superfly, September 07, 2003, 04:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

I didn't say you were as dumb as a brick. If I was going to say that, I would have said "Uno, you're as dumb as a brick." Similes have their place in this world after all. However, what I said was that, "I now know what it must be like to argue with a brick." In this, I am referring to your inability to see things from any perspective other than your own. Therefore, presenting you with a differing opinion would most likely bounce off you, perhaps like a ball bounces off of a... say... brick wall?

Back to the real world now. I can't find my out basket. I don't think I got an out basket. Come to think of it, I don't have an in basket. So why, oh god why, are all these folders on my desk?
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

vivace

My only reply to this thread will be a frail attempt to increase my post count.

french silk pie is disgusting. anything that calls for 4 whole sticks of butter has got to be a heart attack with a crust.

Laiynla

Guys and girls,  and  undead (/nod to Nyte)

NOBODY WAS CALLING ANYBODY DUMB, STUPID, RETARDED, RABBIT-LIKE, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!

Everyone has differing views on  things.   Remember we are all friends here,  and treat wach other with respect due to colleagues, if not kindred spirits.

With this sentiment in mind,  i would like to switch the topic,

Vivace  doesnt like french silk pie.

Whats the worst pie of all time to you?

IMO,  mincemeat pie  is quite nasty.   Meat belongs on a BBQ  not in a delectible pastry crust.

Pie, anyone?
"I drank what?"  ** Socrates**

Fizelle

Personally I think you're both being brick walls and I'm getting tired of this pissing contest.

To sum up

Uno doesn't like to watch sports on TV because he thinks its boring and hates the announcers.

Axe and Art do like to watch sports on TV and take offence that Uno says they are boring.

Everyone else understands that everyone is entitled to their opinion and therefore do not take offence that someone finds their favorite pass time boring.

Conclusion

You're being idiots. You're oversensitive and you're projecting.

Uno does not think nor did he say people who watch sports are loosers or life wasters. He simply stated he thinks its a waste of his time. Uno is in the minority. There are 3 billion stations dedicated exclusively to sports therefore the vast majority believe watching sports is a worthwhile pastime. If you think his first post was an attack on you individually then you need to step back and think about it. Perhaps you should examine why you're projecting. Perhaps deep down inside you agree with Uno however because you enjoy the activity you want to keep doing it. If this is true stop feeling guilty and just do what you like to do. No one thinks less of you for doing it.

Uno hun calm down. You are being deffensive. You are in the minority and therefore oversensitive about this issue. A simple I don't watch sports because I find it boring would have sufficed. Or you could have just ignored the thread like the rest of us who can't be bothered about sports. Anyone who knows you is well aware you think the best defence is a good offence but it really wasn't necessarry in this situation.

Axe hun get real. He may be sterotyping but come on maybe 5% of the people watching sports aren't involved in a scenario like the one depicted by Uno. And where on earth did you get the idea he thinks he's omniscient. In case you haven't noticed he like to argue. He doesn't think he knows everything he just isn't affraid to state his opinion on everything. Loudly and often.

QuoteYou have chosen to spend a good portion of your lesiure time talking with people you don't really know, whereas I have chosen to not do so any more. Watching football is one of the things I do enjoy, especially in the company of friends. The suggestion that this makes us illiterate is asinine.

Read it again. He didn't say watching sports made you illiterate he said in his opinion you'd be better served reading instead of memorizing sports stats.

Actually he likes to spend the majority of his leisure time with me his girlfriend. We like to play EQ with our friends. Some are playing arcross town and some are playing across the world. And he WAS able to use his eq skills to impress and get a girl (me). The skills he's learned in EQ HAVE directly affected his life. He types much faster then he used to and he can use the windows platform now (he's a mac person). He has also gotten better at research from looking up mob info.

Here's my blanket stereotype statement for today all ex anything (smokers, sports watchers, eq players) are high and mighty borish jerks. Just becasue they quit doing something they no longer enjoy doing they think anyone who still does it is an idiot, weak willed, and a sheep of the system. Just becasue you no longer have pleasure doing something doesn't mean another person can't still find enjoyment doing that same thing. Quitting something that many other people do doesn't make you superior to them. I hate all self righteous exes.

Finally I'd like to say I like lemon merigue (however you spell it) pie. I prefer it with a graham crumb crust. I don't like mince meat pie. That 4 sticks of butter pie sounds pretty gross but 4 sticks is a pound and it takes a pound of butter to make toffee so I'll withhold judgement on that one till I can actually try it.

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Superfly

QuoteHere's my blanket stereotype statement for today all ex anything (smokers, sports watchers, eq players) are high and mighty borish jerks.

Just for clerical reasons, does that apply to people who have quit Keepers as well?
Superfly

Fizelle

It would only apply if I spent my time telling people who were in Keepers that they were wasting their time. Or if I thought the people who stayed in Keepers were weaker or inferior to me for staying in Keepers. Or if I spent my time trying to enlighten them and get them to change their ways.

Nice try though.

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Spellwalker

I think Laiynla says it best...

PIE > ALL

But myself, it am torn by many passions...

Apple Crisp Ala Mode (or Apple Pie Ala Mode)
Chocolate
Cheese... Hmm.. Cheese
Classical music played loud in a dark room with eyes closed
A good book

And so many more... we are each distinct and different, yet there is much that binds us together... why argue over personal opinion...

"Creativity is meant to flow like water over the edge of a cliff in mist and spray and streams of living water... both living and elegant and full of beauty..."
Spellwalker Sonofsky
Have you hugged your shaman today?

Mithriltouch Magicrings
The mind is a terrible thing, especially in the hands of an enchanter.

Spellwalker

Okay... spell checkers don't check for the wrong word spelled correctly.. should have been I am torn... LOL
Spellwalker Sonofsky
Have you hugged your shaman today?

Mithriltouch Magicrings
The mind is a terrible thing, especially in the hands of an enchanter.

Superfly

An exception to every rule.

I'm not going to waste any more time here. There's no happy outcome where everyone will join hands and sing "We Are the World." You'll go your way and I'll go mine. Enjoy your EQing, I'll enjoy my hobbies.
Superfly

Reyburn

Lets see the nastiest pie I can remember is Mud Pie my sister tried to make me eat when i was 5.   I didn't like dirt then and still don't like eating it now. :D :D

As for a very good pie that is easy to make I recomend a Custard Pie.  For those of you with cats watch out.  I watch my last cat fly across the room when my father found her munching on his custard pie before he got a slice.....the cat limped for a week.
Semi Retired until I move some where I can get intenet access.

Reyburn       65 Monk
Mystwyrd     63 Druid
Syion            52 Bard
Grayfalcan    44 Ranger
Zayburn       24 Cleric

Radx

mmmmmmm Banana Custard Pie. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

Lourdos

Coconut Cream Pie BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
With whipped cream on top instead of merangue (sp) because thats just nasty stuff....

Coconut Cream mmmmmmm.........
Just thinking about it makes me happy
:D :D :D :D :D

Worst Pie: Key Lime (ugh) first time I tried it - it took like 20 min to get my face unpuckered. :eek:

Lourdos
Misong

I haven't had this much fun since the rats ate my babysitter...

Nizelar

LOL all not much to add but WOW i cant believe the flames over opinions..... I do hope all know i in no way was directing anything bad toward any particular person. We could change the subject to something less flaming like politics or religion :D

Anyway on the subject of Pie i have to agree with Lourdos she picked my fave

Coconut cream is good stuff
Nizelar Koolcast
Wizards were made to dish it out but NEVER take it........

Superfly

The lava in my lava lamp isn't lava-ing around anymore.

Help!
Superfly

Superfly

I like Southern Pecan Pie best I think. It's just good.
Superfly