• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

bcs lovin'

Started by Leiyah, January 01, 2004, 06:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leiyah

mmm...BCS...mmm...

GO BOILERMAKERS!!!!![/size]

QB is pretty good but does no good for us sitting in the locker room getting x-rays already ><  Stats are pretty close - good receivers - one less conf loss - defense vs. defense??  should be a good game and damn Dawgs just scored again.....  :mad:  Is it too early to have a drink?

GO TROJANS!!!![/size]

Not only is it fun to cheer for "trojans" but I really hate Michigan.  USC seems to have decent special teams and a good QB but Wolverines offense really pisses me off.  Hopefully coming off a really long streak of wins for the season will keep the momentum going for USC.

Leiyah

This game is NOT going well.....

On a side note "I CAN'T TASTE MY BEER!"  LOL that was hilarious.

Leiyah

OMG FUMBLE x3???   WTF was he thinking with all those red shirts without established possession???  Hopefully we'll still end up with the ball because of the flag for the first fumble recovery.  THIS IS SO STRESSFUL!!! Only a 75 seconds to score again.....

Leiyah

PICKED OFF IN THE EZ ><  /sigh.

On to Pasadena.

Leiyah

wow to play under John Williams...../drool.

Kenlaen

if by john williams you mean composer of jurasic park, star wars, indiana jones etc etc then yes .. /drool

Leiyah

Is there any other John Williams?  hehe

Aye, the Saint himself.  Directed the National Anthem at the beginning of the Rose Bowl this afternoon - combo bands of UM and USC.  The stadium had colored papers to make the flag -- was pretty awesome...but John Williams as my conductor...  Just...WOW.

Pasadena is going much better than ealier today.  Couple close calls but it hapens.

Kenlaen

wow thats awesome. thought i was doing good when jim sweringen directed us and dr woods said the horn section sounded like a college horn section(guess which instrument i played). but yeah i only have 6 john williams cds im sure there are a few im missing. just got home from work, so ive not seen any football today =(( what a suckie start to the year...

Superfly

I had Fredrick Fennell directing me once upon a time for some nameless event... at the time I was ignorant and didn't know who he was. He's about 200 years old though, and he wears those dalai lama clothes robes from the 70's. He was pretty cool for an ancient guy. Only person I've ever seen who conducted sitting down.
Superfly
Level 65 Superfreak of The Axe World Order
"Can we train them, or would that be unethical?"

Leiyah

Now - that's a great ending.  Michigan is the suck0rz!  Was hoping for a big fat Wolverine goose egg but oh well =)  It was wonderful seeing their QB get blind sighted and completely leveled a few times.  

Few more good games coming up over next couple days.  Sugar Bowl is a definite watch.

p.s. Kenlaen...call in sick bro =)

Leiyah

Ok.  OU is the SUCK.  They deserved losing today the pansys.

Kenlaen

Was great I laughed at Leiyah the whole time and still am. Just cause she wanted OU to win. HAHA. Now what we need is one poll to vote USC #1...

Xtens

Bah its not a real game.  the pansies wear padding and only play half a game - wtf offense or defense.... whats with that!!!! Only in america I guess

Artorious

Cue college football playoff argument, take number 30....

I've always been a big supporter of the bowl system and believe its part of what has made college football unique and fun.  But this mess with USC has made it clear that we need some sort of playoff to take some power out of the hands of self absorbed sports media and coaches' stooges who actually vote for the coaches (usually a grad assistant who sends in the vote).  

Make an 8 team playoff with the 6 major conference winners (yes OU didn't deserve to be there due to not winning their conference) and 2 at large picked from the conference winners of all the nobody conferences.  These would most likely be Conf USA, MAC, Mnt West or WAC.  This year it would have likely been Boise ST and Miami Ohio.  There should be no teams playing for it all that can't even win their own conference.  And yes this will force most conferences to have a champ game.  ND will have to be drug into either the Big 11 or Big East or be left out altogether.  If there are to be general at large teams, there needs to be a simple football type of RPI (ala bball)  based on record, opponents record, opponents opponents record, and conference strength.  NO MORE FRIGGIN POLLS PLEASE!!!!!

What I don't want to see happen is for the regular season games to turn into the NFL where you can afford losses and still win the super bowl.  But it will be inevitable.  If the bowls are kept around, use the major bowls as first round games.  

Hell, if they are determined to keep the BCS just make a provision where if more than 2 teams deserve it after bowl games that a one game playoff will occur the week after the last bowl.  Granted the powers that be in college football (ie money holders) will do what they can to ensure there are at least 3 with a claim going into bowls, but at least people could quit drooling over an overrated team (USC) who beat an even more overrated team (Michigan) who with 2 losses (one to a weak PAC 10 team) really didn't even deserve to be in the Rose Bowl much less the top 5.
Artorious Rex
Lord Protector of Mithaniel Marr

Ryverwind
Elder of The Tribunal

Leiyah

LOL X - you crack me up.

And Yeah Art -- I agree with you.  It's not that I really wanted OU to win -- it's that I had so many friends going for LSU that I HAD to go for OU.  LOL.  The BCS has really turned into $$ versus anything it seems and it's been like that for a few years unfortunately.  Which seems quite sad.  It is pretty pathetic when a team can play for the 'glass ball' and not having even won their conference.  Was neat seeing a freshman get mvp - but I imagine a few people might have been a tad disappointed.  But -- he played well IMO.