• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

"OH Gnomebody Gnomes the Troubles I've Seen..."

Started by Orian, July 14, 2004, 07:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orian

(ahhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeem)

To the Keepers of Fortitude:

Long has it been since I last screwed up a heal and forced a Guild Wipe, or held my breath for what seemed like an eternity to capture the elusive King Bergurgle(Yes, I butcher his name on purpose). I am one of the older Keepers, yet I refrain from misleading you to think I was one of the most active :p I'm not sure if anyone will recognize me.. Because, well, I've been gone a long while.. and things change.

Perhaps before I continue, I should educate my minions.. er.. You guys... On where I have been this whole time. I mean, I think the last time I left... Was the one time I didnt say goodbye. And as close I have became with several of you I hope you dont think that there was no reasoning behind my random monthly cancelation. Things haven't been so well in RL.. I mean they are wayyyyy better now.. but, well, you might as well know the truth to my dissapearence. But let me just say right now, I insure everything is so much better and I'm not trying to gain any acceptance for my departure, just an honest tale to those who care to hear about it. At the time I quit the game, my girlfriend was diagnosed with skin cancer and graves disease. And I just didnt handle it well in the begining, and devoted all my time to her. After I got my EQ bill, a game I had seemingly forgot I had ever played (yeah.. 4+ years of EQ and it went away like that), I canceled it. I am relieved to say everything is much better with my girlfriend.. and blah blah blah... Life is much better as a whole.

SO! Besides just stopping in to say hey,  which is something that has taken me quite a while to do. I just wanted to tell all of you I will not be returning to EQLive.. But I will be signging up for Everquest 2. If ther servers are identical.. There is no doubt it will be Saryrn Server with Orian the Gnome Cleric. So, if anyone else plans on moving on, then be sure to send me a tell and...

Ok, Sorry I have to wrap this up and go to work, but I just missed my Keepers and the memories we've had and wanted to throw a 'Whats Up' your way. I will be around the boards if theres anything No-Guildy related I can post about... but if you guys know something about me... It's that I can't shutup sometimes :D I will hopefully see you all again in this world or the next, but until then, Always remember.....

(clears throat)

GNOME POWAH!

Orian Gemfire
Retired Templar of the Saryrn Server
Master Baker
Keeper of the Pee-Stained Booties
Orian Gemfire
The Original Gnome Cleric *Jealousy*
"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide... Ah crap everyones 65! WTF?!"

Orian: You have purty eyes
Fizzgig: why thank you gnomish love god

Aelderie

/huggles gnomer!!

good to hear that things are going better for you now... :)

and all this time I thought you left because Korb looked cuter in green than you did :p

*dumps a_water_flask on Orian and sticks him to the wall in Thurgadin for safekeeping*

Zaxboan

Heya to Big O and Aeld.

Sorry to hear RL slowed you down some Orian, good to hear things have improved.

I might be the only person not playing CoH, although I've heard some good things about it. I barely have time to play EQ anymore, can't imagine learning a new game.

Aelderie

No CoH in our household either...

EQ is enough for me.... when I have enough energy to play. :(

Most the time I just watch Kil play Age of Mythology till I fall asleep. :)

Won't be going to EQ2 either... too fond of my gimp humie chanter (semi-retired, but still has soft spot) and my puppykickin lizard monky to think about starting over... and just don't have the tolerance to try to learn all the intricacies of a new game.

Saiferus

aaaaaawww come on aeld it easy me and myrran will help you if un liked ronik you can stop play with the character generater think roniks up to character 500 now lol

Aelderie

/huggles
The offer is sweet :)

But.... come a month and a half... I'm going to be caught up in the basics of screeching-wrinkled-monkey care, and I don't think I'll have time or energy for anything else until he gets his basic sleep patterns down.

For now, EQ is something great to do while I expand since I can't see my feet unless I'm sitting down and the belly tends to throw my balance off. :p

Orian

It's good to hear from all of you again.

Actually, I've basically quit CoH as I anticipate EQ2. I dont know, I wasn't really interested in it at first.. but then i just started reading about it and got hooked:p Just picked up my character creation bonus disc today that you get for preordering:D

If anyone else(and I know it doesn't appear so) plans on heading to EQ2... I've already arranged with a few old friends to set up a Guild where I'm CoLeading and the webmaster of the site. Check it out if the concept of little people only strikes you as interesting.. or hell, just check it out cause your bored.

The Tinfoot Militia
Orian Gemfire
The Original Gnome Cleric *Jealousy*
"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide... Ah crap everyones 65! WTF?!"

Orian: You have purty eyes
Fizzgig: why thank you gnomish love god

Celllburn

I am glad all is well, I am considering EQ2 also. I hope I see you there as well as others. I am sorry I lost contact with most of you lately....but if any of you wish to talk sometime, my sn on aim is Astrayaquarius.

Aelderie

GAH! I see 6 midgets and a donkey? oh wait, that's a rat... Who in their right mind would cater to the anklebiting groups? Don't they know that those critters have been the bane of my dress wearing days since I was lev 5??  :p

Other than the... erm.... preference in races... it looks really good. :)

Where are your Duchesses?

Quotehis confidence is comforting, but what use is a healer who doesn't worry?

/giggle
Miss you O

Airelyn

Well my lil Gnome, I am glad things are going better for you... life can be tough sometimes :(

As for CoH I have actually retired from CoH also.  It was fun for a while but I got a little too excited for EQ2.  I just updated my graphics card to a Geforce 5900xt 128mb so i could handle EQ2... gotta have the stupid pixel shader dealy bobber.  I also upgraded to 1gb of memory to make sure I had enough power.  I will be making my comeback to EQ fulltime but it will be in EQ2.  If there is a Saryrn server don't be surprised if you see a newbie guild started called "The Keepers" if you do, you guys know where to come :)

I am excited for it... hopefully some of you will be there!
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude