• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Pally 2.0 link to read

Started by Douval, September 23, 2004, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douval

Fizzgig

cause the pally board is retarded I'll save you foraging for info by pasting it here

1) - If you do NOT have Fiery Defender
Go to Plane of Valor and talk to Baltron Werters and start the Couragebringer quest. He will send you to Gilfal the Froglok Paladin is South Karana to get the combine container and solvent and send you to PoStorms to start the Couragebringer subquest.

In Plane of Valor in the second castle near the gate can be found one Baltron Werters (Need location). The following would seem to be the way to start the paladin epic 2.0 quest if you haven't already done the epic 1.0 quest.

[Thu Sep 16 06:56:05 2004] You say, 'Hail, Baltron Werters'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:05 2004] Baltron Werters says 'Hello, Karnos, I do believe we've spoken before and I told you I was very [tired]'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:11 2004] You say, 'You were tired?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:12 2004] Baltron Werters says 'Yes, I've been very tired lately. I've been busy creating weaponry for the [Soldiers of Marr] and the many [other followers] of Marr.'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:19 2004] You say, 'The soldiers of Marr?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:19 2004] Baltron Werters says 'The various soldiers of this Plane, as well as the soldiers of the Halls of Honor, come to me for weaponry. Previous to my ascension here, I was gifted by our Lord Mithaniel with the power to craft exceptional swords. These swords that I create are imbued with courage.'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:34 2004] You say, 'What other followers, pray tell?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:34 2004] Baltron Werters says 'Recently, I was tasked by Sir Rathalzor to assist the Guktans with their invasion of Grobb. I made many [exceptional swords] for that battle.'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:47 2004] You say, 'Exceptional swords, you say?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:56:47 2004] Baltron Werters says 'One such sword I created was made for one of the most powerful knights I have ever met. His strength and courage were only surpassed by his swordsmanship. He [led] many battles against the trolls of Grobb.'
[Thu Sep 16 06:57:50 2004] You say, 'He led battles?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:57:50 2004] Baltron Werters says 'Indeed, with the holy blade I created, this knight, Gilfal, helped lead the Guktans to victory. However, the victories did not come without [casualties].'
[Thu Sep 16 06:58:01 2004] You say, 'Casualties?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:58:02 2004] Baltron Werters says 'Yes, many Guktans perished during this battle. [Couragebringer], the sword I created that was blessed by Sir Rathalzor himself, was shattered by a powerful troll shaman named Broog. The battle did not come without casualties indeed.'
[Thu Sep 16 06:58:13 2004] You say, 'Couragebringer, you say?'
[Thu Sep 16 06:58:13 2004] Baltron Werters says 'Perhaps you can assist Gilfal with recovering his sword. Take this solvent, which was blessed by the priests in the Halls of Honor, as it will bond with the sword and allow you to rebuild the great blade. Find Gilfal and give him the solvent and tell him you are [willing to help him rebuild Couragebringer]. Go now and find this knight.'

Baltron passes me the solvent as he says the above.

As suggested by someone on this board, I subsequently went to South Ro and located Gilfal (roughly loc -2880, -110).

[Thu Sep 16 07:36:18 2004] You say, 'Hail, Gilfal'
[Thu Sep 16 07:36:18 2004] Gilfal says 'Hello Karnos, I have been stationed here by the elders of Gukta to patrol and protect our mighty city.'
[Thu Sep 16 07:37:14 2004] You say, 'I am willing to help you rebuild Couragebringer.'
[Thu Sep 16 07:37:14 2004] Gilfal says 'Yes? You know of my sword? Show me proof that you are capable of rebuilding my holy blade.'

I turned in the solvent, which was returned along with the below text:

[Thu Sep 16 07:37:30 2004] Gilfal says 'Amazing, High Elf, you must have visited the Plane of Valor and spoke to Master Baltron. You will need to gather the four pieces of the sword to be able to reconstruct it. I only have the whereabouts of one of the four pieces, but I imagine that piece can lead you to the others. Go to the Plane of Storms and investigate there, I have a feeling you may find the first piece there. Here is the sword's scabbard to place the solvent and the four sword pieces in.'

I was given Gilfal's Scabbard, a six slot container.

One part of the sword is dropped by Maestro of Rancor in Plane of hate.
One part of the sword is dropped by Kaniz Painbringer in Plane of Torment.
One part of the sword is unfound in Plane of Storms (according to the text)
The last part of the sword is as yet unknown.

Mobs and ground spawns for the quests will be detailed below under the appropriate headings. As the quest becomes more flushed out a better writeup will be done.

Couragebringer

Kaniz Painbringer, in PoTorment, he spawns in the area that you go to do the key event for Saryrn's Tower (furthest south in the zone. Loc is neg 1075 pos 900. No key is needed to get to this area.
Tough mob, probably 1-2 groups of 65's.

Dropped:

Broken Sword Piece
MAGIC LORE NODROP
Class: None
Race: None

0069905-00001-00001-00001-00001-00001ACC5FA58Broken

Identifies as: Appears to be the left part of the blade.

Maestro of Rancor in Plane Of Hate dropped:
Broken Sword Piece
Identifies as: Appears to be the right part of the handle
He is a small raid mob, maybe 3-4 groups.
0069904-00001-00001-00001-00001-00001EBE70A84Broken

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Fizzgig

If you DO have Fiery Defender

Go to the Halls of Honor and talk to Irak Atil. He will start you on the quest for the various soul shards that is the epic 2.0 quest. He is inside a temple near the zoneline for Halls of Honor B. He is an empty 'Black Suit of Armor' mob. Patrolling mobs may agro while you are having your conversation.

To find him head to the Halls of Honor B warp gater. When facing the gate turn about 180 degrees, to face directly opposite it. Walk straight forward to the temple area that is directly ahead of you and you will find him (Irak Atil) there at Loc +7, -1363, 25.

Note that Irak will only talk to you if you have the Fiery Defender. Furthermore he will not accept the Fiery Avenger and Mark of Atonement. Having FD in the bank DOES work. Apparently mere ownership of the epic 1.0 is enough.

[Wed Sep 15 02:35:24 2004] You say, 'Hail, Irak Altil'
[Wed Sep 15 02:35:25 2004] Irak Altil says 'Ah Kaymid, it is so good to see you again. I hope my sword has been treating you well. What [brings you here], friend?'

[Wed Sep 15 02:35:42 2004] You say, 'what brings you here'
[Wed Sep 15 02:35:42 2004] Irak Altil says 'Yes, what is your purpose here? Perhaps you are curious as to how I've gotten here? Would you [like me to tell you]?'

[Wed Sep 15 02:35:48 2004] You say, 'like me to tell you'
[Wed Sep 15 02:35:49 2004] Irak Altil says 'Let us start at the beginning. I, in my mortal form, was a follower of Quellious. As a young paladin, my tutors early on noticed my talents at spell-casting and my skills as a swordsman. I surpassed all of my mentor's expectations but I still had a [lot to learn].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:35:55 2004] You say, 'lot to learn'
[Wed Sep 15 02:35:55 2004] Irak Altil says 'My knowledge grew quickly, to the point where I could not learn anymore from my mentors. One day, I was given the choice of learning from a new master, one that rarely teaches knights. To be taught by him, I was given a series of rites that I had to pass. The path was long and difficult, but I was able to [impress my new master] and convince him to teach me.'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:01 2004] You say, 'impress my new master'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:02 2004] Irak Altil says 'Oh yes, I apologize if this sounds like boasting, but my master was both impressed and surprised with my progress. He took me as his student. Years later I had gained all the knowledge I could acquire from my master and I was able to craft a great sword, the Fiery Defender. At this point in my life I decided to on a mission to help people in need, to promote the paladin ideals to those that wished to listen, and spread the word of my Lady Quellious. However, this is not [where the story ends].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:06 2004] You say, 'where the story ends'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:06 2004] Irak Altil says 'A few years after I set out on my own, I met a man named Kirak Vil. Despite being a dark elf, I welcomed him as an equal. Though I was cautious, I decided to teach him the ideals of paladins; courage, honor, truth, as well as all of the other ideals that encompass our lives. One day something [bad happened].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:09 2004] You say, 'bad happened'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:10 2004] Irak Altil says 'Kirak one day turned on me. We set on an expedition deep inside Old Paineel to save a kidnapped child, when a creature named a Thought Tormentor attacked us. Kirak did not help defend me and our small expedition. Last thing I remember before blacking out was a being named the Keeper of the Tombs drawing the life out of me. I [remember little after that].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:19 2004] You say, 'remember little after that'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:19 2004] Irak Altil says 'I have intermittent memories of being tormented and imprisoned in the Fear plane. I was stripped of my dignity and honor, and all that was left was a shade of my former self. Most of my vivid memories of that time consisted of unbearable flashes of pain. With whatever cognitive thought that remained, I prayed to Quellious to give me strength. That is when you came to my side and [saved me].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:27 2004] You say, 'saved me'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:27 2004] Irak Altil says 'Yes, by giving me the honor of wielding my sword, shield, and armor, I was set free from my torment in that wretched place. I was still not whole, however. I journeyed to many places in Norrath, looking for a place to sacrifice myself upon the spear of pain. I eventually found my way to some of the [outer Planes].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:35 2004] You say, 'outer planes'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:35 2004] Irak Altil says 'As I stepped foot into the Plane of Tranquility, my soul began to yearn to be complete. This must have been a gift given to me by my Lady Quellious. I ventured into the Plane of Valor and this is when the Lord Mithaniel Marr found me and felt my suffering. I was summoned to the Temple of Marr and upon arrival, I was greeted and welcomed by every knight there. While I commanded respect in my former self, nothing I had ever experience was as intense as this. For the first time after the betrayal, I had felt complete. Lord Mithaniel and his priests gathered around me and chanted for three straight days. What happened next was [unbelievable].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:42 2004] You say, 'unbelievable'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:42 2004] Irak Altil says 'My soul and the lifeless bones that were my body began to burn like fire. It felt both painful and soothing at the same time. Energy poured out of my body and then a flash of light occurred, I passed out shortly thereafter. During my slumber, the Goddess of Love nurtured my mind and kept me company. I awoke a week later to find myself still in the Temple of Marr. The priests of Marr took care of me during my [transformation].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:45 2004] You say, 'transformation'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:46 2004] Irak Altil says 'Indeed, Lord Mithaniel endowed me with this body and spoke to me, he said "My brother, while you are not a follower of Marr, I offer you a place of brotherhood here in the Halls of Honor. Your courage and perseverance are extremely commendable and I would like you to serve in my army." Honored by the ascension Lord Mithaniel had given me, I still had to take time to [consider] the offer.'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:50 2004] You say, 'consider'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:51 2004] Irak Altil says 'Yes, I was afraid my Lady Quellious would be saddened if I stayed in Mithaniel's realm. So I prayed to her and asked for guidance. My Lady appeared to me in my dreams and praised me for my loyalty. She then gave me approval to serve as a Soldier of Marr and offered me a place in her realm once my services to Lord Mithaniel were over. I was most [honored] and grateful at the same time.'

[Wed Sep 15 02:36:54 2004] You say, 'honored'
[Wed Sep 15 02:36:54 2004] Irak Altil says 'Honored is an understatement. I was overwhelmed by the fact that the god of Valor and Honor chose me to serve in his army. I was also overwhelmed by my own god's offer to serve her after my tour was done in this plane. I try to be very humble about this honor, for that is a virtue held dear to all paladins. Now that my story is over, I [require something of you].'

[Wed Sep 15 02:37:00 2004] You say, 'require something of you'
[Wed Sep 15 02:37:01 2004] Irak Altil says 'When I ascended to this plane and was transformed, Mithaniel gave me a specific purpose. I was graced with the ability to sense others who were like me, others who were tortured and tormented. I have a sensitivity to other poor beings that have been tormented the same way as me. I would like you to find these beings who were being tortured, and perhaps that may shed some light on my past. I have had a few [visions] on what may help you find these other tormented beings.'

[Wed Sep 15 02:37:03 2004] You say, 'visions'
[Wed Sep 15 02:37:04 2004] Irak Altil says 'I have had visions recently of various beings who have been captured by some foreign minion and tortured. The visions all were similar in nature. Very horrible things were done to these beings, very gruesome things. As the being kept fighting the pain and anguish, more torture was applied to break them...it was a horrible vision. A spell was casted mid-way though this ritual and the tormented being was held in a stasis. I felt a tugging at my soul, and I saw that the being's soul was being pulled from their body. The soul was removed from the being and imprisoned in a crystal of foreign origin. My only guess is that whoever is behind this ploy has been stealing the souls of various races of Norrath for some dark purpose. Help those that are tormented, find the crystals, and this will help you find the minions behind this plot. Go now noble Crusader!'

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank

Fizzgig

--Next head to Lovine Lemise in Abysmal Sea (near soulbinder on the city ship). You can use the new 'find' function to find the soulbinder and Lovine is in the same room.--

[Mon Sep 20 10:36:31 2004] You say, 'Hail, Lovine Lemise'

[Mon Sep 20 10:36:31 2004] Lovine Lemise says 'Suometar, I am glad you are here. My name is Lovine and the poor soul lying on the bed over here is my good friend Reiya. My friend could use some [assistance].'

[Mon Sep 20 10:36:39 2004] Lovine Lemise says 'I should probably begin by telling you what happened. Reiya was found a couple of days ago on the shore in Natimbi, face down in the water. The Wayfarers that found him were not sure if he was dead or not, until they brought him here to Abysmal. It appears he was unconcious at the time, since he later awoke on this bed. Something is terribly [wrong] with him though.'

[Mon Sep 20 10:36:46 2004] Lovine Lemise says 'I'm not sure what is wrong with him, though he constantly fades in and out of consciousness. His speech is erratic when he is awake, and his thoughts do not appear to be in this world. I have a feeling that he is being tormented in some way, but I do not know how or why. I would like you to gather a few things for me, to make a concoction that may awaken Reiya. I will tell you what the [ingredients] are.'

[Mon Sep 20 10:36:53 2004] Lovine Lemise says 'I am looking for the following things: a Potameid seaweed strand, blood from a Mastruq Havocblade, the tail of a Noc Fleshfeaster, and the jawbone of Ra'Tuk Screambringer. Place the items in this enchanted potion bag, and return it to me so that we can attempt to awaken Reiya. Please be dilligent in your search, Suometar.'

Potameid seaweed strand drops in Natimbi off normal Potameids (bring a tracker or you will go insane).
Noc tail in Riwwi.
Mastruq blood in Qinimi.
Ra'tuk jaw in Barindu.
All these drops seem very rare.

Combine these in the container and hand to Lovine. Make sure you have spoken to Irak Atil BEFORE this and either have Courgebringer or the Epic 1.0 or she will eat your item.

[Mon Sep 20 10:38:23 2004] Lovine Lemise says 'Thank you for gathering these items Suometar. This potion will help him very much, however, Reiya will need one more potion to help him gain conciousness. I will need you to bring him a potion of Breathless Mist. Go now and bring this quickly, friend.'

--Breathless Mist is LDoN alchemy potion. Hand it to Reiya.--

[Mon Sep 20 15:26:43 2004] Reiya the Pained says 'Aauuuugh. Ferubi. . .Ferubi is where I was taken. . .'
[Mon Sep 20 15:26:48 2004] In a bright flash, Reiya has withered away.

--You receive Reiya's Soulstone, a giant capacity 2 slot container that identifies as "This appears to be missing shards."--

On a hunch, I zoned into Ferubi with the Soulstone on me. The moment I entered the zone, there was a zonewide shout:

The Shade of Reiya the Pained shouts, 'Fool, you think you can come here and try to defeat me? Try as you may, you will fail.'

My ranger husband confirmed that Shade of Reiya the Pained appeared as newest mob on track. We asked some friends to help, and more came than expected. With 10 people the shade was overkill. Didn't hit very hard, flurried, not slowable by enchanter. He was very close to the Qinimi zone, only had to clear half a dozen trash mobs or so.

When he died:

Shade of Reiya the Pained's corpse says 'My master and his followers in Vxed shall avenge my death, mortal!'

He dropped A Soulstone Shard that identified as one of the two shards for Reiya's soulstone (can't check the exact wording right now).

I haven't visited Vxed yet, will do when I get the group for it.  

Reiya's Soulstone, 2 slot container:
0069924069943-00001-00001-00001-00001EA699C52Reiya's

A Soulstone Shard from the shade:
0069943-00001-00001-00001-00001-00001A14E4A61A

After killing the mob in Ferubi solo (not hard at all at level 70 with mostly time/GoD gear), he does drop a shard and mentions Vxed. I went to the mountain-expedition guy in Barindu (Apprentice ????) and hailed him. Pay close attention to his text and make sure you are the expidition leader. You need "at least 10 but no more than 24 people" in your raid in order to get the special Vxed instance.

It is the same map as the normal one but the mobs are all red and yellow to 70. Straight up the center path at the top is Vuranish Xxuro, a giant Aneuk, who casts Quivering Nightmares AE. He pretty much fell over to our force of 22, mostly level 70s with current (Time/GoD) gear.

No NPC spawned after he died (besides a chest); no hints as to where to go next. But he did drop a shard piece that combined with the other in Reiya's soulstone to complete it. (Combined stone just called "Reiya's Soulstone").

Mobs and ground spawns for the quests will be detailed below under the appropriate headings. As the quest becomes more flushed out a better writeup will be done.

Omens of War

Noble's Causeway, ground spawn - LOC: -875, -357, ID Lore: One of four shards for Rithnok's soulstone -
CODE ID: 0069940-00001-00001-00001-00001-0000174E7A184A.
(This shard is very close to zone in, mobs near it do -not- see invis. Run out from zone in, and down into the valley. A little ways out from the zone in and you will see it on the valley floor)

Dranik's Scar, ground spawn - LOC: +1050, +100, ID Lore: One of four shards for Rithnok's soulstone -
CODE ID: 0069938-00001-00001-00001-00001-00001CB29E83BA.
(Towards the NW corner where there is a short pass towards the bloodfields, the shard spawns on the ground near a pillar close to the pass)

Bloodfields, ground spawn - LOC: +452, +734 inside a hut under a mob, ID Lore: One of Four shards for Rithnok's Soulstone -
CODE ID: 0069939-00001-00001-00001-00001-0000184A175DAA.

Ruinied City of Dranik, OoW ground spawn - LOC: -516, +363 - ID Lore: One of Four shards for Rithnok's Soulstone -
CODE ID: 0069937-00001-00001-00001-00001-0000111B25A9CA.
(Most mobs in this zone do not see invis. Zone in, run to the first field, then take a left. Cross 2 bridges and enter an enclosed passageway. At the end of the passageway, take an immediate right and run up the hill. Towards the top of the hill, i highly recommend running onto the right wall as it is the only safe spot near here if invis breaks. There is a small hamlet in the clearing at the top of the hill. If you are on the wall behind the westernmost hut, the shard will be visible on the far side of the hamlet. On either side on the way there are 2 yellow con at 70 see invis named kyv sharpshooters that hit in the 900s and can fire a 1500 DD at range. It is possible to get in between them without aggroing, but there is very little room for mistake. The way i did it was to stay on the wall, go around the westernmost hut, come around on it's right side giving you a straight shot to the shard. If you come up the hill and are towards the left even a little, one of the kyv -will- aggro you and you -will- die. DA dash and grab does not work either unless you have an instant click gate potion. If you try to grab and train your way out, you have to pass back through the caverns which are filled with murklurkers, which proc a blind. You may not summon a mount in this zone. Best bet is to go with a wizard who can use Translocate/Invis on you before you pick up the shard and trans out the moment the shard is in inventory OR to totally clear the area with a group or two.)

Rithnok - LOC: Unknown but assumed to exist in OoW.

Lulcin

Kill a 'Coterie Corrupter' - ID Lore: One of two shards for Drema's soulstone - LOC: coterie castle in Tenebrous Mountains at +656 -1100 +315, 3rd floor of coterie castle.
CODE ID: 0069950-00001-00001-00001-00001-00001EA61C7C5A

Drema Young is a skeleton in NE corner of Mons Letalis, LOC: 837.45, -1282.73, 1.44

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank