• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

A little IveDmg

Started by Xtens, October 12, 2004, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlah

Hi folks,
Finally found a shot that wont crash the boards in size. Grandpa insists on using high pixel images when taking http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=photos&v=56">photos.

Kar

Aelderie

I can't see it.. what am I doing wrong?  :confused:

Karlah

Its not you, I think its me....
Trying again

Aiola

What a gorgeous baby Kar, you must be very impressed with yourself it looks like you baked him just right :)

Best wishes to you all.

And you did a good job too Aeld

Karlah

Thanks heaps for your well wishes folks.  

Time goes so fast, I cant believe he's 10 days old already.
Aeld, wow!, has it really been 5 weeks already, growing fast I presume?  Cute photo, looks like Matthew does just after I've filled him up.

Off to bed now for this new mother, sleeping in <2 hour stretches is a new experience.  It's party time if I manage to get a total of 4 hours sleep a night.

Aelderie

He's Gorgeous!

I'm so happy for you guys.  :D

I turned around yesterday and realized that I've officially been a mom for 6 weeks and 3 days.... whoah.

He's grown out of most all of the 0-3 month clothing he has, and just keeps getting fatter. He was 7lb,9oz at birth, 11lb,10oz at 1 month, and we'll find out just how fat he is on Nov 5th for his 2 month checkup (feels like at least 20lbs after holding him for an hour though)  :p

Do you have routine vaccinations in Australia? We waited on the HepB shot until his 1month checkup (they wanted to give it to him at birth, but I thought that was just a little too much to expect anybody to go through all at once- head squished, bright lights, cold air, stabbed in the foot and leg wrung for vampiric nurses, eyes glued shut, constant loud noises, learning to poop AND being stabbed with side-effects? nah)
I make Kil stay in the room when he gets his shots... he's looking at 6 vaccines in 4 shots the next visit *cringe* I just can't hold my baby while they stab him and make him cry... that's what daddies are for  ;)

Keep posting pics of little Matthew.... It's fun to watch them grow (and expand) the first 6 weeks.  :)

This was taken yesterday:

Karlah

Yes, we have the routine vaccinations in Australia.  Matthew had such a horrific start to life that we got him his Hep B straight away.  The midwife took him away and was the nasty lady, I didnt even have to be in the room.

Unfortunately for the little fellow, even after 16 hours of labour we 'failed to progress' (I love that doctors term for they have no bloody idea why he wasnt comming out!!)  3 failed attempts to get the epidural in finally convinced the doctor to do a C-section and by then the wee chap had become stressed and drunk quite a bit of Meconium (sp).  He only scored 6/9 at the first hour and spent his first 2 days in the special care unit on IV, O2 and antibiotics.  That, along with my mother being a Hep B carrier, (thanks to a blood transfusion and poor screening procedures in the 70's) we thought it best to jab him early.

He looked so funny in the SCU with all the prem babies, although he was quite sick he was still huge in comparison.  Hes very healthy now and I thank the powers at be that they decided to deliver him when they did.  The 'what-if' scenarios still scare me now.

Daddies are also for dirty nappies, X is very skilled at these :D

Kar

Kazaba

Our recruits for EQ 6 and WoW 5 are shaping up nicely ;)

Aaladwenous

Wow Gratzi.......
Whats a nappie ? Here in Canada its Nap = short sleep

Aelderie

LOL a nappie is a very nice way of saying 'a super absorbent lower torso covering designed specifically for the age challenged that has become filled to capacity with biological waste'.

our family calls them 'poo-bombs'  :p

Karlah- 6/9 is still damn good for that long of unprogressing distressed labor and meconium imbibing... I'm impressed. :)

Fortunately I missed most of the "what-if" fears due to consciencious if not obsessively over-protective sheltering by Kil and the quick and easy labor (he was in such a hurry to come out but lazy, lazy lazy ever since)... it was about 1 1/2 weeks later that we started to watch Jersey Girl and I bawled for half an hour... we did finish the movie the next night, but that was a "what-if" that had never occured to me. I'll just add death by aneurisms (sp?) to my list of things to dwell on next time around.

I wonder if X could give Kil some pointers with the poo-bombs... mainly remembering that they need to be wrapped up and disposed of after baby is changed. There's nothing quite like walking innocently past the ottoman in the living room to step on a half open full-to-capacity-and-then-some diaper!  :eek:

Bonebi

Karlah,
 He is such a cutie! Cherish the small poop drops you have now for they only get bigger! :p  Along with updates here is my poop bomber, she is a year old already /sigh (well in 6 days).
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Airelyn

LOL I love that picture BB!

Yes the poop is so nice when they are babies... smells sweet... now the stench is so bad I can't stand it, smells like Chardok on a very very hot day!  :eek:
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Saiferus

ACK no not another driver in the family

Leiyah

These pics are absolutely adoreable!!!

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you Karlah.  Hey....with the failed epi attempts...what did they do for your C/S?  General or were they finally able to get a spinal in?  Hearing about the anesthia tech's "failed attempts" at an epi just make me cringe for you.

Karlah

All the beautiful babies, BB & Aire, yours are growing so fast!
I agree with Kazaba, Sony will be very happy with us.  Maybe we should ask for discounts on our accounts for providing them with new recruits.

Lei, the 3 failed attempts were to put the tube in my back for the epidural.  They ended up doing a spinal injection for the C/S, I understand it is a one off thing that only lasts for about 1.5 hours, where as the tube would have allowed them to top me up and keep me going for quite some time.  I ended up with 4 very visible holes in my back and a bruise about 5cm in diameter.
Although the poking around my back was definitely cringe worthy, the fun part was when they told me not to move while they were doing it and I was still enjoying fully fledged contractions.

All X can says is "I'm glad its the Sheilas that have to go through that"