• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

trade skills

Started by slams, November 29, 2004, 11:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slams

Ok i'm a tard on the trade skill thing so got some questions.
 1 everyone is an plain jane till art lev 9 right ? Then u go ur own way as far as armor or what ever? Also does the things u make tring to get to 9 effect what u decide to take up at lev 9, or can i make what ever till 9 then branch off where i want to go ? i have looked at tc2 and didn't find any solid answers so asking now
   ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN  THE END OF WAR  

Yampus

The top tradeskiller right now is Lowpan so he would be best to ask :D In the mean time.... Nothing you do upto lvl9 (or is it 10) will affect what you can choose to master in, its more of a do a little of everything to see what you like. Very similar to the Isle of Refuge. If you have an idea what you want to do then you might want to gear more towards that field, such as Alchemy over Tailoring. Good luck and try to get all your gathering skills over 40 so you can use them out in Antonica  ;)
Yampus Bonechaser
Lvl 14 Mage Summoner lvl 8 Artisan
"He who controls the Bugs controls....... well, bugs."

Saiferus

yampus is dead on if you know a head of time what you want to go in to and work on that youll start with a higher skill than doing everying. Even if you don't have an idea what you want to do and do everything you won't be behind on capping your skill for long.

slams

ok i figure i'm going to have 2 main char to switch in between my war and a necro. The necro will need to make his skills so scholar for him and probable metal working type for war. So i know u know about scholar so what shold i start out makeing i looked at low level recipes and they were mostly alchemy. and also what is the best as far as haresting skills (like harvet all the roots) i will assume the rocks will be best for metal trades.
   ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN  THE END OF WAR  

Yampus

Quote from: slamsok i figure i'm going to have 2 main char to switch in between my war and a necro. The necro will need to make his skills so scholar for him and probable metal working type for war. So i know u know about scholar so what shold i start out makeing i looked at low level recipes and they were mostly alchemy. and also what is the best as far as haresting skills (like harvet all the roots) i will assume the rocks will be best for metal trades.
Actually you will need Foresting for the quills and paper, Mining for the ores for making Ink and Runes, and gathering for the roots to make paper as well as other items, This is why it is important to have them all maxed as much as possible.
Yampus Bonechaser

Airelyn

What is the best place to raise your mining, foresting, gathering etc.?  I am having a huge problem getting those up... I've spent hours running around Forest Ruins trying to get em rasied and they are going up so slow.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Saiferus

hard question the isle is the best place but after you leave it more a matter of what time but it is getting better as the lvl range spreads out

Yampus

Foresting and mining as well as trapping can be done in both Peat Bog and Oakmyst Forest. Gathering is easiest as there are a lot of Roots and gardens in Forest Ruins and Peat Bog. Peat bog has a lot of Noobs running around so is almost as contested as Forest Ruins. Oakmyst is ok but the best thing is to max your skills before leaving Refuge Isle if you can, otherwise its a long haul to do it in Qeynos. Cant say for Freeport cause I havent moved an evil character there yet lol
Yampus Bonechaser

Sdaenea

on the evil side graveyard, sprawl, ruins,  and sunken city for all but fishing... really really wish I had worked fishing in the isle.  Fishing can be worked sunken ciy and ruins but there are only 4-6 groups up at any time.

Sdae
"A committee is a creature with three or more legs and no  
brain." --Robert Heinlein  

Kazaba

If you are high enough level to grey out the mobs, the caves can be quite good, or the inside the castle areas of the forest ruins.

Yampus

Is fishing really worth doing? I know nothing about the cooking side of tradeskills and havent bothered with it much :confused:
Yampus Bonechaser

Fizzgig

there can only be a certain number of nodes in any zone if everyone is doing the land based nodes soon you'll end up with lots of fishie nodes....if you fish you free up those nodes to pop elsewhere as something you might want

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm