• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

Assist

Started by Fizelle, August 29, 2003, 10:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radx

thanks for advice and actually been plannin what we were doing since 10th grade and gettin married at 18 before shipped off and we will be stationed together if we are married. I realise life won't be the same but HAS to be better than living with my mom.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=631304
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

Leiyah

Um....just for the record, it is not a 100% chance you will be stationed together because you are married.  I can tell you that much.  I've family where couples were split at different bases for greater than tdy.  I've also seen wife moved to Lackland and husband sent remote for 18 months to Japan.  /nod.  Because you are legally married does not "guarantee" same location / assignment.  They'll tell you they will do what they can but....I just caution you to have a back up plan of action.  USAF relocates you I think I was told if greater than 6 mths tdy but remote doesn't always count =/  Besides, who the h*** would go to Lackland it's so fuggin hot down there...black flag days ><

/smile

chingerz

666th view of this thread!

Fizzgig

KoF is a family...as the momentary monarch I'd like to say

radx your in for a world of pain hun we just trying to make you think stuff over carefully

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Leiyah

One other small piece of advice from someone who has been there -- getting married at age 20.....not such a good idea....yea, I suppose there are a few cases where it works out but for the most part....

Radx

Well I'm stubborn :p I'll take my chances. Reason why I'm stubborn and if her dadcan like me we are good lol. He dad hates 99pct of population on earth lol.
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Underneath my goofy and weirdness is a guy who loves and cares for the girls with all his heart.

Fizzgig

pfft my dad hated douv as in wouldn't even let him in the house while we were dating.

and we married when I was 20 coming up to our 9th aniversary in november we however did a whole heap of living before we got married and work very hard at our relationship to keep it working anyhow sometimes a step back is good

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm

Radx

It's worth trying tho correct?
I mean whats life with out twists and turns lol.
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord

Nytehunter

its your life mate and  to hell with all of us trying to live it for ya  
 thats the ultimate truth   You live your life the way you please everyones gotta make their own mistakes at times. .

were just trying  to  give our mistakes  so that you can see    and   use caution         caution isnt all bad      we have around 80 years average on this world      you got plenty of time   to get married   or  make mistakes     but its easier if you spread them out.

Never fear, Nytehunter is here!

Laiynla

My last cp worth:

18 bites to get married at.......wait till 21,   and your chances of having a successfull marriage raise from  13% to 53%.....and if you wait till your mid 20's (ie 25)  chances of a successful marriage go even higher.

Getting married at 18 is nothing to be proud of.  Getting married  at 30 isnt anything to be proud of.   Getting married at 50 isnt either.

Getting married after KNOWING  what youre getting into (and  hun no,  living outside  your moms house is harder,  no matter what.  I moved out at 17 and have been on my own since then,  its a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING,  yes nobodys yelling at you to get dressed or youll be late,  but  stress comes in many different packages)  and  being prepared, not shutting out peoples advice who,  much as they might kid and joke,  DO  care, and remembering  that, even at 30,  in many ways youre still a kid....

getting all that and making life work well,  THATS something to be proud of.

Getting married at 18 because it makes a good story  isnt a good enough reason.  If you really truly love Mindy (which i know you do,  you are very devoted to her)  you will honor her  with the best possible marriage situation  that you can possibly afford to give (and no im not speaking monetarily).  Do everything you can to make certain this will work,  for her.

And  i dont want you to reply to this with anything.   Just take it and keep it in your noggin,  DO NOT  reply to it,  it is not a question or a debate,  it is pure and simple advice.   Take  it or not,  but dont degrade it by  spouting inanities.   Just think about it.  Thats it.

And   Fondue is worth trying.....Marriage  is worth making SURE of.....

Its much better then fondue, and if thats your attitude,  then you arent ready for it,  i dont care if youve been betrothed from the cradle.   Marriage isnt about twists and turns,  its about having someone by your side for them........

ok  shadding up now,  but again,  dont  make up rebukes for this, this is my honest personal experience,   meant  in the spirit of assistance.   Not debate.

:)
"I drank what?"  ** Socrates**

vivace

Fizelle

Do or do not there is no try

My favorite quote is from my Biology teacher in grade 12. He was telling us how he decided to get into biology. Apparentlly he only took biology because he had a crush on a girl who was a biology major. He summed up his story by saying:

"The biggest regret a 40 year old man has in his life is that the direction his life took was based on the decisions of an 18 year old boy"

Quit Inspecting me
Of course I'm paranoid. You'd be paranoid too if they were after you.

Lourdos

I got married when I was 18.....and it was one of my bigger mistakes....:mad:

If you wanna know what he thought about it....
/em hands Radx a shovel
He's out behind my Nanna's house.

Erm...just dont bother husband number 2 while you're out there- he's still pissed about a few things :rolleyes:

Have a Nice Day! :D :D :D

Lourdos
Misong

I haven't had this much fun since the rats ate my babysitter...

chingerz

Radx

Life is life without mistakes and i know ill make mistakes but thats the fun of it but I have a really good feeling about this. And Biology in 12th grade?!?!?!?! i had it in 10th had chemistry oceanology in 11th have 2 different types of physics this year lol.
Baron Radx Eternalblue
65th Overlord