• Welcome to Keepers of Fortitude - Saryrn / Bertoxxulous.

New Spells on Test

Started by Airelyn, August 22, 2002, 07:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airelyn

Well looks like Clerics and Beastlords have some new spells coming.

Finally the beastlords have some good raid spells... they got 2 new lines... area effect mana and health regen and area effect atk and hp.  Both of these lines buff any player within 200 feet of the caster, so potentially you can easily buff your whole raid party in one shot, kind of like the AA mass group buff.  These should be cool and will be nice to have a BL specific purpose now.

Clerics are getting a couple new heals 56+, a new summoned hammer spell (oh joy lol), and Yaulp 5.  Ok I thought, "Oh great another yaulp spell that i'll never use."  but this one is cool and we will actually use it.  Here is what it does...

Self: Increase ATK (50)
Self: Increase Dex (75)
Self: Increase Attack Rate (25%)
Self: Increase Mana Regeneration (10 per tick)

Mmm look at that nice mana regen :)  It is level 56 spell, It costs only 25 mana to cast, it lasts for 24 seconds and has a 18 second recast time.  If I am thinking of this spell right we may be able to use it almost like a ghetto canabilize w/o the health loss.

Anyway that is it for now... kthxbye.
Airelyn Divine
Ex-Queen Gimp of Fortitude

Kaneril Knightwing

So if I read this right you will get 40 mana over 24 seconds at a cost of 25 mana leaving a gain of 15 mana over and above your normal mana regen rate in that 24 seconds? Big question I see is does it stack with the Chanter mana regen spells?
Yampus Bonechaser
57 Defiler ( The one and ONLY Gnomie Love God! I pump you long time baby! )
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=672566

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Lohagen Elamadri

Kane you just tied my brain in a knot :/

numbers... too many numbers, doc!

Loh
Hunter Lohagen Elamadri

65 Forest Pervert
Grandmaster Fletcher (249)
Official Gnome Vs Gnome fight promoter

Tonzafun IndyJok

Here is some long over due news for druids.
A slightly scaled down version of Complete Heal is being tested for Druids & Shamen. The spell is currently set at Level 54. The spell would only heal 75% of the target players hitpoints up to a maximum of 2925 for Druids and 1950 for Shamen.
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.

Carellron

*waits patiently for Saiferus's reply to Kane...*  :D
Where was that again?

Stuff...

unoshato

but why do say 24 seconds when the spell says the duration is 27 minutes..??

errr.. uhm...

well if an officer goes up near the shar vhal area i have a bst named "boloshato" who would like to be in the guild :)

BEASTLORD SPELL DETAILS
Name:  Spiritual Radiance
Level:  52
Mana:  275
Class:  Alteration
Era:  Shadows Of Luclin
Vendor(s):  Unknown
Approx Spell Cost:  Unknown
Researchable:  No
Type:  Area Effect Mana & Health Buff
Max Duration:  27 minutes <-----------------------<<<
Casting Time:  5 seconds
Recast Time:  Instant
Actual Effects: Target: Increase Mana Regeneration (5 per tick)
  Target: Increase Hitpoints (5 per tick)

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku

Airelyn

/em smacks Uno across the noggin.

Not talking about the beastie spell ya ding dong hehe.  Talking about Cleric Yaulp5 :)

And Kane... yes it does stack with all other brain buffs.
Airelyn Divine

Kaneril Knightwing

The one I was referring to is the Cleric Yaulp 5 one that Airelyn was talking about :) The calculation is based on the info provided by Aire.
Not sure what the Bst one is lol :D
Yampus Bonechaser

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

unoshato

<-- is a ding Dong .. :D

I was once told I was as blunt as a Rusty spoon... deal with it :P

Unoshato, Kudaku

Airelyn

I do have to say, I am not too happy about the druid and shaman heals.

I know the druids out there are rejoicing... they have a new role in exp groups as healers again.  But the bad part here... Clerics are getting pushed out when it comes to being needed in exp groups.  In Raids you can't do without our Complete Heal, but in exp groups we will get looked over more often now for the advantage of having a druid be your healer.

Druids can do alot more then Clerics can in general which would make them a better group mate.  Now I know Druids have gotten the shaft for exp groups for a long time and I am cool with giving them something to make them more group friendly... but for god sakes give the clerics some solo ability then.

I thought it was funny when I was trolling some uber guild websites and I see Druids have now been placed on high priority for a few of em... that's a rarity :)

Anyway, I am all for balancing... but after reviewing the changes I feel like they threw us these cruddy spells to make us feel like we are getting balanced lol.  I do like the Yaulp mana thing... but other then that I am not too impressed.  They should have not did another yaulp and just gave us a mana regen self buff... doing the yaulp thing makes it look like they want us to melee or something hah.
Airelyn Divine

Airelyn

Ok well after trolling info on the new cleric spells, we may have been given a new solo ability.

That summoned hammer we get...

LORE, MAGIC, NO DROP, NO RENT
AC 10
14 DMG, 18 DLY, Bane Undead +10
25 Dex, 8 Wis, 35 HP, 35 Mana
+ 10 Sv. Disease, + 5 Sv. Magic, +10 Sv. Poison
Effect: Hand of the Gods.
--
Hand of the Gods is a DD that can hit anything. 148DD that is unresistable.

So that in conjuction with Yaulp5 would make us actually able to do some damage.

Heck I'll be summoning this hammer for full use all the time and put away my primary slot book.  10ac and 8wis is nice.

Now if they just made clerics able to hit a bit more, we might actually be able to do a little damage.  Our hit rate is about 1 in 7 heh.

So anyway, I'll stop complaining until I actually see these things in action.
Airelyn Divine

Kaneril Knightwing

Throw on a haste item as well Aire and that 14/18 Hammer becomes VERY decent :)
Yampus Bonechaser

Kaneril Knighwing
54 Outrider

Airelyn

Suddenly all the clerics will be buying silvery belts of contention... haste belts with wisdom heh.
Airelyn Divine

Carellron

At least with your mana regen it doesn't turn into a KOS doggie.....Form of The Howler +2 mana regen
Where was that again?

Stuff...

Fizzgig

I have enough trouble getting xp groups as it is....like air said everyone wants a cleric for raids where mostly you get no xp and die a few times but everyone already prefers the druid who can snare stuff or the shammy for slow's in xp groups so I'm thinking the grey's gonna be full of cleric's kiting stuff lol weeeeee were turning into druids

speakin of stuff on the test server though items there can now have a regular effect and a focus effect now that's nice :)

(edit: last paragraph)

Queen Gimp
Guild Bank
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.......Oh wait...nm